Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Smile FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Wow!

Coronavirus: How the Executive Club is supporting you

We’re adding 12 months extra onto your Executive Club membership – so you have more time to enjoy your benefits, whenever you’re ready to fly.

All members will benefit, starting with those who have a Tier Point collection end date of July 2020, through to June 2021.

What’s more, it will be even easier to retain your status next time you’re up for renewal, as we’ve decreased the amount of Tier Points needed by 25%. This is the same for upgrades thresholds too, making that next Tier more achievable.

This results in lower Tier qualification thresholds, as shown below:
  • Bronze: 225 Tier Points or 18 eligible flights
  • Silver: 450 Tier Points or 37 eligible flights
  • Gold: 1125 Tier Points
To ensure our Members still have the opportunity to use their Gold Upgrade Vouchers, Companion Vouchers and Travel Together Tickets earned via a British Airways credit card, we’ve applied 6-month expiration extension to any current vouchers.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:44 am
dnw

Changes live https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...s-and-benefits

12 month extension
25% reduction at next renewal/upgrade
tbm13 and Nephoi like this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Yep just got my email through saying +12 months extension to my Gold and the redunction in points for renewal next time around (2022 for me) plus others at work got the same email but adjusted to bronze/silver.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Hmm.. This doesn't yet help me at all. Dec renewal, trending for GGL, already on 1600 TP.

I guess this frees up the BAEC team from everyone prematurely asking for things..!
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:47 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
So the blanket extension that a number of us have been predicting for some time has now been applied. Good to hear and glad I didn't spend too much time worrying about it all.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:48 am

So where are all those flyers who have ripped up their BAEC cards in protest due to not getting an extension? Time to eat some humble pie?
Dambus, kyushuman, SKT-DK and 18 others like this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:48 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Amazing news! Took them a while but well done to BA. Better late than never.
tbm13 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ermis177
Amazing news! Took them a while but well done to BA. Better late than never.
It seems to me that BA did what was necessary as soon as it became clear that the restrictions on flying and the limited opportunity to attain and make use of status were going to be with us for a significant time to come.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
So I finished last week on 755 - and my card says Gold until 31 Jul 2020

Will I get a bonus year of silver (urgh) or am I being retained at Gold ?!

*Members whose Tier Point collection end date was in May or June 2020, who did not meet the reduced qualification requirement for their Tier will have the 12-month extension applied to their new Tier once their current card expiry date has passed.
SavvyTravel likes this.

Programs: BAEC Gold, TAP Miles&Go Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Accor Gold
Just had an email from BAEC to say my silver status (August end date) has been renewed for 12 months. Considering I haven't earned any TP this year, and had several trips cancelled in recent months, I can't complain about that.
Wembleygal and HIDDY like this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Anyone have an idea if this renewal also applies to those with CCR card?
JessicaTam and PHG like this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:53 am

Programs: BA

Coronavirus: How the Executive Club is supporting you

We’re adding 12 months extra onto your Executive Club membership – so you have more time to enjoy your benefits, whenever you’re ready to fly.

All members will benefit, starting with those who have a Tier Point collection end date of July 2020, through to June 2021.

What’s more, it will be even easier to retain your status next time you’re up for renewal, as we’ve decreased the amount of Tier Points needed by 25%. This is the same for upgrades thresholds too, making that next Tier more achievable.

This results in lower Tier qualification thresholds, as shown below:
  • Bronze: 225 Tier Points or 18 eligible flights
  • Silver: 450 Tier Points or 37 eligible flights
  • Gold: 1125 Tier Points
To ensure our Members still have the opportunity to use their Gold Upgrade Vouchers, Companion Vouchers and Travel Together Tickets earned via a British Airways credit card, we’ve applied 6-month expiration extension to any current vouchers.
tbm13 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:54 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by Misco60
It seems to me that BA did what was necessary as soon as it became clear that the restrictions on flying and the limited opportunity to attain and make use of status were going to be with us for a significant time to come.
It seems to me that BA realised is the only airline that has not offer a status extension and that loyal customers might be a bit unhappy and dissapointed. Even Air Koryo has offered an extension
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
So I finished last week on 755 - and my card says Gold until 31 Jul 2020

Will I get a bonus year of silver (urgh) or am I being retained at Gold ?!
I'm guessing, unfortunately, as you didn't meet the reduced tier point requirements to retain Gold, you will be getting a bonus year of Silver.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by Pursh
Anyone have an idea if this renewal also applies to those with CCR card?
I do also have a vested interest in knowing the answer to this. Given the CCRs are shut currently, I can't believe it wouldn't but it would be useful to have clarification.
PHG likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.