Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2021, 1:36 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by KARFA
I agree. Although I feel there should be a special place in heaven for those of us still earning TPs going through MAN several times a week!
Well, you are certainly doing your time in Purgatory 😏
kyushuman likes this.
Old May 27, 2021, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by flashware
There are some fifth freedom flights not too far from you, if you're keen.
That have a BA code on them? Or, are you referring to the IB flights that were running within the Caribbean/Central America?

And that's how it works for the 4 flights, correct?: BA-coded (but not necessarily operated by BA). IB-coded and operated by IB.

But getting the 4 flights normally would be no issue for me. I actually fly BA more than I do AA. It's just that I've always credited to AA. Particularly since AA went with An EQD requirement to earn status. As partner earnings (especially on discounted WT+ tickets) earn a lot more EQDs than their AA counterparts.
Old May 27, 2021, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Fanjet
That have a BA code on them? Or, are you referring to the IB flights that were running within the Caribbean/Central America?
There are 5th freedom flights operated by BA in the Caribbean.

For example:
BA 252 GCM-NAS ( although suspended until 9 September earliest )

BA 2157 ANU-SKB ( resuming on 27 June )
BA 2157 ANU-POS ( resuming on 12 July )

and more...

Originally Posted by Fanjet
And that's how it works for the 4 flights, correct?: BA-coded (but not necessarily operated by BA). IB-coded and operated by IB.
This is correct.
Old May 27, 2021, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
There are 5th freedom flights operated by BA in the Caribbean.

For example:
BA 252 GCM-NAS ( although suspended until 9 September earliest )

BA 2157 ANU-SKB ( resuming on 27 June )
BA 2157 ANU-POS ( resuming on 12 July )

and more..
Ouch. That sounds like a lot of money just for the positioning flights. Maybe even more than a ticket to Europe from SAN/LAX.

My normal travel pattern is WAW/KRK/BUD to LAX roundtrip (as tickets tend to be much cheaper exEU than exUS, and LAX tends to be much cheaper than SAN). And outside of a pandemic, I am travelling beween the two areas enough that I am able to purchase the "follow-up" ticket to start my second return to the States before the intitial LAX-Europe "return" commences. Occasionally, when I'm not sure of my defintive travel plans, I will use FF miles to book a OW ticket to bridge the gap.

And what I can remember about those WT+ tickets (and which now seems so long ago) is that had I credited to BAEC, a RT BUD/WAW-LHR-JFK/BOS/PHL-LAX itinerary would have earned 10+90+70 TPs each way (340 RT). Because I believe the BA-coded JFK-LAX flight, for example, would be booke into "Y"; but the BA operated WAW-LHR flight would not. I want to say they booked into "S" or "N". Usually, I could find these tickets for around 1000 USD. One time, I found one for around 700 USD where the U.S. connection was in PHL. (Maybe that was the reason it was so low. ) However, since I was always crediting to AA, I always preferred the direct LHR-LAX-LHR flights. As it made little difference versus a U.S. connection in their scheme, and it also meant more time in premium economy instead of coach. But I know TP earnings change the equation.
Old May 27, 2021, 5:50 pm

Quick data point:
My membership years ends in February and I just spoke to a nice lady at the GGL line regarding a booking, when she proactively told me that according to her information, there will be a decision in June regarding any extension for January and onwards memberships.
While that clearly does not mean that any form of extension is a done deal, at least, if correct, it means that we should get clarification in the upcoming weeks, in terms of what BA have decided to do.
Old May 31, 2021, 1:29 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold, OWE
Originally Posted by 40degreeswest
Quick data point:
My membership years ends in February and I just spoke to a nice lady at the GGL line regarding a booking, when she proactively told me that according to her information, there will be a decision in June regarding any extension for January and onwards memberships.
While that clearly does not mean that any form of extension is a done deal, at least, if correct, it means that we should get clarification in the upcoming weeks, in terms of what BA have decided to do.
It would be great to know before summer. I'm a March year end, so will be showing loyalty to BA if I know my Gold status will be extended through a difficult summer period of wildly changing travel requirements...
Old Jun 8, 2021, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Just wondering, some members were claiming that BA would have done adjustments in June.
Are there any updates?

I am clearly expecting the reduced thresholds to be in effect another year ( July 22 - June 23 ends ) where LH has already announced x2 status miles since the beginning of the year, and AF/KL is expected to announce double XP on their flights.
jonr405 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Just wondering, some members were claiming that BA would have done adjustments in June.
Are there any updates?

I am clearly expecting the reduced thresholds to be in effect another year ( July 22 - June 23 ends ) where LH has already announced x2 status miles since the beginning of the year, and AF/KL is expected to announce double XP on their flights.
Nothing yet, the accounts haven't cycled. However, I also expect it to be reduced thresholds for the next year as the BA website here - https://www.britishairways.com/en-ie...s-and-benefits - says -

"What’s more, we’ve continued to reduce the amount of Tier Points needed to reach each Tier by 25% for those aiming to reach a tier up to June 2022."

As it's up to June 2022, I believe it will be reduced thresholds for another 12 months.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 3:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Are there any updates?
I can guarantee for you that there will be no need to ask for updates once there's new and tangible information. This thread will grow substantially in a very short space of time
Fritz, Blue Skye, gcuk and 9 others like this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 1:41 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Double tier miles would be great for the next 12 months. For the rest of this calendar year, The UK travel market will be heavily suppressed and effectively dead thanks to the fact that when it comes to travel vaccines mean nothing to government.
ibbitsc likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 1:45 am

That won’t be enough for those of us with Jan renewals we need another extension. The ability to travel for work is next to zero and the US and Asia continue to be closed. Double tier points are a nice idea but they’d be better to reduce the thresholds instead from a company perspective as otherwise LTG is achievable for 17500 doubled TPs. Given the GGL line feedback we have to believe a further extension is likely - I’ve already matched to Virgin through work who have guaranteed a 2 year extension at Gold until May 23. Now that’s a statement of commitment!
HB7 and BerksFlyer like this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 1:51 am

Programs: BA GGL
Will today be the day?
I am holding my breath.
Edit: you may find me unconscious by 9th September 2021. :-|
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:28 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by Jflyer123
That won’t be enough for those of us with Jan renewals we need another extension. The ability to travel for work is next to zero and the US and Asia continue to be closed. Double tier points are a nice idea but they’d be better to reduce the thresholds instead from a company perspective as otherwise LTG is achievable for 17500 doubled TPs. Given the GGL line feedback we have to believe a further extension is likely - I’ve already matched to Virgin through work who have guaranteed a 2 year extension at Gold until May 23. Now that’s a statement of commitment!
Yeh true, I'm just pointing out that we definitely need more heavily reduced thresholds than just 25%, and we need that for a long time as travel is almost non-existent and will remain that way for a while.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
I have given up. My year end is March 8 and I have resigned myself to the fact that I am going to be nowhere near three digits let alone enough to requalify for Gold next year. Even with the 25% reduction a quarter of the year has already been written off.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 3:52 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Nothing yet, the accounts haven't cycled. However, I also expect it to be reduced thresholds for the next year as the BA website here - https://www.britishairways.com/en-ie...s-and-benefits - says -

"What’s more, we’ve continued to reduce the amount of Tier Points needed to reach each Tier by 25% for those aiming to reach a tier up to June 2022."

As it's up to June 2022, I believe it will be reduced thresholds for another 12 months.
Am I reading this right that to earn status in 2022 I need to have reached the (reduced) threshold by June 2022 rather than by my year end of Nov 22?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.