Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Room as Gold in CE/CW? [erroneously shown in Manage my Booking]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Concorde Room as Gold in CE/CW? [erroneously shown in Manage my Booking]

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2020, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
BA HAS to quickly reopen a lounge at LHR for its premium pax. It is a must if then want to sell international tickets.

Buffet style lounges are a no go for covid reasons. Given the very small number of international pax, it would make some sense to reopen the CCR which is not buffet style.
Old May 25, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
BA HAS to quickly reopen a lounge at LHR for its premium pax. It is a must if then want to sell international tickets.

Buffet style lounges are a no go for covid reasons. Given the very small number of international pax, it would make some sense to reopen the CCR which is not buffet style.

Nice idea - but If by this you mean opening it for the use of all ‘premium pax’ .... then dream on, is all I would say !

Feel free to come back and tell me just how wrong I was *when it happens* - and I will happily take any flak on the chin .... egg on the face ...... whatever’s on the menu......
Old May 25, 2020, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by brunos

With the current business model, it's highly unlikely that BA would re-open a lounge at this point.
If they really cared about the premium cabin experience or what food was served to their premium passengers, they wouldn't serve packed supermarket-style sandwiches on First or Club World.
Old May 25, 2020, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load

Nice idea - but If by this you mean opening it for the use of all ‘premium pax’ .... then dream on, is all I would say !

Feel free to come back and tell me just how wrong I was *when it happens* - and I will happily take any flak on the chin .... egg on the face ...... whatever’s on the menu......
Chateau Petrus on the jacket?

More seriously, I am afraid that you are right and that is an IT glitch.

But I wonder how many premium pax per day BA has in June departing from LHR. Probably far less than the usual traffic at CCR. If they want to increase their sales of J/F tickets, they have to adapt their offering.
April/May were primarily "repatriation" flights (both ways) given that most countries except UK had closed their borders to foreigners. With a relaxation of border policies abroad, BA will not attract revenue premium pax with what they currently offer.
Old May 25, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load

i think you’re right of course. I have the same message for flights in late July and I’m sure it’s a mistake. However, I’m here on Flyertalk and read about the poor IT and everything else, for a regular customer why wouldn’t they assume what the airline tells them is correct? Going by this thread the error has been in place since late April and BA haven’t bothered to fix it...my point being that it’s bad form for BA to give incorrect information and to blame an IT error... if indeed that’s the case.
u01sss3 likes this.
Old May 25, 2020, 12:09 pm

On a related point, when is it realistic that BA might reopen at least one lounge?
Old May 25, 2020, 1:34 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Voda_boy
On a related point, when is it realistic that BA might reopen at least one lounge?
The unofficial guess on one member of the Concorde Team was July, based on a rather more extensive timetable than the 17 flights that departed T5 today (still, that's a few more than last week). If BA decides not to run that schedule due to lack of demand then there wouldn't be much point opening the lounges, which would be difficult to achieve even on the proposed 6July timetable for England for Step 3 Adjustment of Social Distancing Measure.
Old May 25, 2020, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
@ Voda_boy - with every penny counting right now, you certainly shouldn’t hold your breath for a swift reopening.

My own thoughts go like this ...

Business types with shiny cards
Are finding this so very hard

No chance to yell into their phones
Instead of using dulcet tones

Lizards cannot do the rounds
Of lounges that are out of bounds

Status pax with rumbling tums
Must wait while BA do their sums

Saving money, that’s for sure
This could go on a few months more

So best be patient, do not stress
The actual date we cannot guess

But changes will be on the way
Because of Covid (so they say)

Just hope they keep sufficient seats
And don’t expect your usual treats
Old May 25, 2020, 2:21 pm

My TLS flight in August in ET is also showing Concorde Room

Last edited by eugegall; May 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Old May 26, 2020, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
Yesterday I booked CE flights to TFS for next May. I'm only Bronze, but MMB tells me to go to the First lounge. Obvioulsy an IT issue.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP.
so my flight on the 19th from lax-lhr says to use the first class lounge which is still open should I at least try to go in ? lol
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:54 am

Concorde Room Access on a CW flight OWE?

Mrs WhatTheMiguel and I are flying to DXB via LHR from DFW next month. We booked on BA in CW and I’m OWE (AA EP). When I use the manage booking tool on the BA website, it tells me the lounge I should use when we arrive at LHR is the Concorde Room. I thought that was only for F and BA Gold. Did something change or am I just lucky? I would BA happy to use the F Lounge as normal, but is there a chance at the CR? Thoughts?
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:56 am

It’s a glitch I’m afraid
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 10:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes a recent glitch. See this thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...old-ce-cw.html
Old Jul 22, 2020, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes a recent glitch. See this thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...old-ce-cw.html
Yeah, I figured. F lounge it is!

Thanks all for the quick replies!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.