FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Concorde Room as Gold in CE/CW? [erroneously shown in Manage my Booking] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2018328-concorde-room-gold-ce-cw-erroneously-shown-manage-my-booking.html)

Amil Apr 22, 2020 1:04 pm

Concorde Room as Gold in CE/CW? [erroneously shown in Manage my Booking]

I booked a J ClubWorld ticket to London From - LAX is there a reason why in MMB it states I should go to the Concorde Lounge in London and the FIrst Class Lounge at LAX? I am oneworld Sapphire so I don't think I would have access.

corporate-wage-slave Apr 22, 2020 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by Amil (Post 32315646)
I booked a J ClubWorld ticket to London From - LAX is there a reason why in MMB it states I should go to the Concorde Lounge in London and the FIrst Class Lounge at LAX? I am oneworld Sapphire so I don't thing I would have access.

Sounds like a glitch, unless you have been given an involuntary upgrade (which would be apparent from the seat plan). Perhaps you also have a connecting flight involved.

Keiran Newberry May 7, 2020 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Amil (Post 32315646)
I booked a J ClubWorld ticket to London From - LAX is there a reason why in MMB it states I should go to the Concorde Lounge in London and the FIrst Class Lounge at LAX? I am oneworld Sapphire so I don't think I would have access.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 32315729)
Sounds like a glitch, unless you have been given an involuntary upgrade (which would be apparent from the seat plan). Perhaps you also have a connecting flight involved.

My MMB also gives details for the Concord Room, and I'm only in CW. I assumed it was an error.

I asked the BA agent this when I did the upgrade, but I'll ask it here because this excellent resource suggests otherwise.

greg5 May 8, 2020 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Keiran Newberry (Post 32356289)
My MMB also gives details for the Concord Room, and I'm only in CW. I assumed it was an error.

I asked the BA agent this when I did the upgrade, but I'll ask it here because this excellent resource suggests otherwise.

I also have a CW flight which is showing access to CCR. But what is fascinating is that I have an onward separate ticket on the same day as my flight back in ET that is also showing CCR as the lounge.

The flight in CW is still many months away, but I fear that the USA will not get its act in gear and I won't be able to make the trip. I've already had my last planned trip, in F, get cancelled.

EDDLEGLL May 8, 2020 5:41 pm

I (BA Gold) just booked a Euro Traveller short haul flight from Heathrow for early June and my app also shows the Concorde Room as lounge.

Perhaps BA is planning a phased reopening of the lounges from “top to bottom”?

ISTFlyer May 8, 2020 7:29 pm

ET Travelling in Silver - I think it's a glitch
By the way, screenshot 2 shows that I have 6x23kg baggage allowance, however, it should be 2x32kgs.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c3d2a81376.png

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2d8a5321e9.png

GlasgowBlue May 9, 2020 1:16 am

Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL (Post 32360035)
I (BA Gold) just booked a Euro Traveller short haul flight from Heathrow for early June and my app also shows the Concorde Room as lounge.

Perhaps BA is planning a phased reopening of the lounges from “top to bottom”?

Similar has happened in MMB for a trip I’ve (supposedly) got at the end of July in CE. Was previously showing the correct lounge info however I’ve just dropped to Bronze and MMB now informs me about the delights of the First lounge.

Keiran Newberry May 9, 2020 1:55 am

Originally Posted by greg5 (Post 32359385)
I also have a CW flight which is showing access to CCR. But what is fascinating is that I have an onward separate ticket on the same day as my flight back in ET that is also showing CCR as the lounge.

The flight in CW is still many months away, but I fear that the USA will not get its act in gear and I won't be able to make the trip. I've already had my last planned trip, in F, get cancelled.

It was showing CCR for me in MMB before I'd upgraded and I was just ET and WTP and I had no lounge access at all

NWIFlyer May 9, 2020 2:10 am

2 Attachment(s)
My CDG-LHR-JFK and return shows the same as others (CCR & T5B Galleries) for October, but the problem opportunity appears to have arisen because the status database is mangled. My JFK-LHR flight invites me to use the Concorde Room on account of Premier status.

LondonElite May 9, 2020 2:18 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer (Post 32360608)
My CDG-LHR-JFK and return shows the same as others (CCR & T5B Galleries) for October, but the problem opportunity appears to have arisen because the status database is mangled. My JFK-LHR flight invites me to use the Concorde Room on account of Premier status.

“assumes Premier membership”? Why would a database need to assume?

drwook May 9, 2020 2:53 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32360620)

I think it always says that; presumably because travel is in the future and status may change, and to avoid needing to forecast status at that future time which makes the logic more complex than just checking a field.

TheFlyingCyclist May 9, 2020 3:00 am

Same here... BA Gold travelling in ET in October, invites us to use the CCR, assuming Premier status which we certainly don’t have. Something seems to be very broken.

NWIFlyer May 9, 2020 3:05 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 32360620)

The text has always reflected that for entitlement to a lounge above cabin entitlement (in my case it’s more normally F lounge travelling in CW downwards), although the T5 CCR seems to be the exception that proves the rule. Where It doesn’t matter, such as on the CDG-LHR leg when I’ll be in CE, it just sends me to the CX lounge in CDG with no extra caveats.

Obviously this is because I might have lost that status by the time the flight actually arrives, and they don’t want people taking a screenshot/printout of MMB at the time of booking and claiming it as gospel forever.

Keiran Newberry May 9, 2020 3:07 am

No status. Only qualify for any lounge based on travel class. But this is what I get in MMB. Not going to try it, I know with fair certainty I'm not entitled (and it may have corrected itself in the next 10months in any case)

But if I didn't know much about it, and I didn't follow forums like this, if that's what I saw in my my MMB that's what I'd assume I'd get
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...1fee271bc2.jpg

drwook May 9, 2020 3:10 am

As others have suggested, maybe it indicates CCR will be opening first & they've decided volumes are low enough to accommodate anyone with lounge access there at first?