Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What will LON-JFK look like in a few years?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What will LON-JFK look like in a few years?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2020, 1:58 am

On reflection, I probably worded that poorly.

I'd think JFK wouldn't be a bad fit for them. Do the 772s have crew bunks and therefore be swapped to longer routes?
Old May 18, 2020, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Keiran Newberry
I never said it couldn't - I said it's not wholly unrealistic

I'd think JFK wouldn't be a bad fit for them. Do the 772s have crew bunks and therefore be swapped to longer routes?
Sorry for the misunderstanding, AFAIK the BA 787-8 and the BA 787-9 have crew bunks but I am not sure about the 787-10's as the first one hasn't been delivered yet.
However, I have no information wheater the 777-200ER's have crew rest areas or not.
Old May 18, 2020, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Sorry for the misunderstanding, AFAIK the BA 787-8 and the BA 787-9 have crew bunks but I am not sure about the 787-10's as the first one hasn't been delivered yet.
However, I have no information wheater the 777-200ER's have crew rest areas or not.
No problem, I accept some responsibility for my lack of clarity!

781s on the JFK route to supplement the CS fitted 772s may also be advantageous in securing what business travel remains after this, with direct aisle access
Old May 18, 2020, 2:38 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
I've kind of assumed LGW will be canned in the short-mid term. Whenever I've flown it the cabin has been very empty. I've booked a JFK-LGW leg next year because I may need some flexibility in my plans and I'm not confident BA will serve that route at that time so this may offer me an 'out' but we will see
Old May 18, 2020, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Sprodo
I've kind of assumed LGW will be canned in the short-mid term. Whenever I've flown it the cabin has been very empty. I've booked a JFK-LGW leg next year because I may need some flexibility in my plans and I'm not confident BA will serve that route at that time so this may offer me an 'out' but we will see
With VS and Norwegian gone from there for the time being, I agree, that of the routes they may want to keep at LGW, JFK wouldn't be one of them
Old May 18, 2020, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
I've just booked a return to JFK from LHR end of July - fingers crossed as I'm a UK passport holder.

Old May 18, 2020, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

I believe the 787-10 won’t have any crew bunks.

As for the 772s, the G-VII* series don’t have bunks but the G-YMM*s do.
Keiran Newberry likes this.
Old May 18, 2020, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by BAeuro
I believe the 787-10 won’t have any crew bunks.

As for the 772s, the G-VII* series don’t have bunks but the G-YMM*s do.
Thanks - I can't imagine them making it to JFK immediately, would think they'll go to the announced routes first. It'll be interesting to see in 6 months time when a few more have been delivered

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.