Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many here are still flying regularly?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Cancelled 2 return trips from MEX to LHR and end of June not looking too hopeful on same route. Easter in Milan, Verona and Venice went as well. Cancelled Mex to Hanoi in July and a trip up to Dallas. Not suffering lockdown though. Got a gym in house and home office natural for me. Was up till 2am drinking tequila with friends on Skype, so life is good haha.

Not sure when I'll fly again. I miss it for sure
Old Apr 12, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
This thread should really be retitled "Post all your humblebrags here".
Stormbel, Silver Fox, :D! and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Stormbel
Despite the restrictions I am sure that some here have a need to keep flying.
Are any of you in this situation?
Given the number of grounded aircraft, even airline crew aren't flying regularly!

I've got a NTE trip next month still intact (KL/AF/U2), but don't anticipating going. None of the flights are cancelled yet.

September was supposed to be a QR mileage run (unbooked, but hoping to still go. I keep tracking the prices which haven't budged much since January when I started looking). Pondering booking a Christmas Market trip for Dec, just so I have something to look forward to. Fingers crossed things will be relatively back to normal by then.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by Saint4805
I've spent lockdown staying with family in the UK but as a dual British/Swedish national I am planning to repatriate myself to Sweden (where there isn't really a lockdown) in around four or five weeks from now. There is still one flight per day from LHR > ARN and always the risk of cancellations, hopefully less so towards the end of May.
That’s gone now, at least til May 1. UK Embassy in Stockholm told people to travel if they needed to and said it would be for a minimum of 30 days from April 9th.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Instead of taking frequent holidays, we have acquired a new hobby ... managing refunds.

There’s a carefully structured BAEC Gold renewal sliding down the plug-hole of life over the next 9 months. What’s really annoying is that we (well, certainly I) have an ever-diminishing number of years to do this stuff.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I would love to be. My last flight was March 6th, and I've missed out on 12 flights over the last 5 weeks. 3 future bookings, all going to be cancelled.

Now trapped in a 40 sq metre flat, 6000 miles from my OH - who is also grounded from flying, though she works on board so is missing it a little less than me! Craving the sight of wing flex, fluffy white clouds, and the endless droning noises of the engines. Come back soon, normality, all is forgiven.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Ive not heard s live report of the bag of goodies AKA corona catering for at least 2 weeks ; are any FTers still partaking?
Old Apr 12, 2020, 12:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
There’s a carefully structured BAEC Gold renewal sliding down the plug-hole of life over the next 9 months. What’s really annoying is that we (well, certainly I) have an ever-diminishing number of years to do this stuff.
I'm in the same boat, except it was going to be our first-ever time getting Gold... now instead of getting stuck into an authentic lasagne on the beaches of Catania, I'm heating a Tesco lasagna in the oven in Cambridge while listening to the "your call is important to us" chap on the refund line apparently get an email notification chime in the middle of recording it and they just... left it in, apparently.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 1:45 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Still waiting for my return flight home to the Caribbean. The local Govt there has been screwing around with changing their story on a daily basis for so long now that the national Courts have started telling them to stop. In the meantime, I'm helping AirBnB keep their income up.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by groenroos
I'm in the same boat, except it was going to be our first-ever time getting Gold... now instead of getting stuck into an authentic lasagne on the beaches of Catania, I'm heating a Tesco lasagna in the oven in Cambridge while listening to the "your call is important to us" chap on the refund line apparently get an email notification chime in the middle of recording it and they just... left it in, apparently.
You paint a very vivid picture of your evening there, groenroos ...... (trust your call has been answered by now !)
groenroos likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by groenroos
It's probably for the best. Lasagne are "authentically" from a region some 1,100 km north of Catania. Down there you could've had arancini, sea urchins, horse meat, pasta con le sarde, pasta alla Norma, caponata...
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
I was supposed land back in the UK this morning to spend Easter with the in-laws. We had to make do with a WhatsApp conference call instead. Even my SIL “dailed in remotely “ as she is stuck in Alicante with the Easyjet groundings. Even if I had made it to London, the Easyjet grounding would have put the kybosh on the quick LTN-GLA-LTN I had planned for Tuesday to go and visit my mother.

My South African trip at the end of May is in tatters, so trying to see what I can do to reschedule and the rumor is that my Alaskan cruise in June will be sunk on Tuesday. No flights needed for that one as it operates out of the port of Los Angeles.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 5:53 pm

Programs: BAEC
Stormbel it looks like none of us are flying at the mo!
Old Apr 12, 2020, 6:51 pm

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by Saint4805
I've spent lockdown staying with family in the UK but as a dual British/Swedish national I am planning to repatriate myself to Sweden (where there isn't really a lockdown) in around four or five weeks from now. There is still one flight per day from LHR > ARN and always the risk of cancellations, hopefully less so towards the end of May.
Finnair is still serving both London and Stockholm with 2 daily flights. These are listed in their April - June minimal operations list. Transfer in Helsinki is possible as long as you have connecting flight to your country of residence.
Saint4805 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 8:02 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
My next booking from the US to the UK is currently scheduled for late June which remains very much in doubt at this point.

This is as close as I’ve been to flying since a trip to Tokyo in February. Sadly I’ve become the monopoly airline in my home and no one will play against me any more.

Jet Set board game

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.