Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many here are still flying regularly?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2020, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, A3
As I started the thread I thought that I would comment further.
I have only one flight that still exists. 4 of us are still due to fly to China in October (booked in January). The other couple does not want to travel, whatever the agreements are. These are Avios bookings, ours is 2 X one way as using a Lloyds Upgrade voucher for the outbound as the arrival and departure airports are different.
It was amusing when the ba 'get ready to fly' email arrived a couple of weeks ago. Checking our dates the flights are still possible to book for cash. There are thousands of posts to read here so all I am doing is waiting, hoping that the flights will be cancelled and the Lloyds voucher extended.
I guess that ba still fly regardless of UK or foreign government restrictions. In the big picture losing 4 X £35 and the voucher isn't a loss to be concerned about, but it would be nice not to have to.
For my final thought:
I may have missed some posts but guess that a couple of our Moderators still need to fly at least weekly. The USA regulations seem to require that so what happens if it's fortnightly?
Old Jun 26, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Another month... another IAD-LHR... (spot the difference(s)):

Tunnel between the main terminal and the B-gates at Dulles (somewhat superior to that at LHR!), still empty...

B-Gates still deserted... Wendy's still open and the newsagents, but nothing else.

Incoming BA293 LHR-IAD, A350-1000.

BA IAD lounge - lights are on, but no-one's at home! (same as before - could save a few quid on the 'lecy bills).

Gate B44 - a few pax awaiting patiently (and social distancing). Unlike before at the end of May when face masks were advised, now compulsory -as they are on the flight itself.

EF suggests about 50 pax - although seemed much fewer (could have been crew - seemed to have two lots of crew come off and back on again at IAD)

GOOD NEWS: now have ice onboard, so essential for that G&T - although no lemon :-(

Overflying LHR to the south from W-E...

Hazy view over London (B&W due to poor colour!).

NOTE - changes on arrival at LHR. Before the quarantine just came through the e-gates, now you have to use the 'proper' Border UK route and your 'quarantine form' will be checked - ours was thoroughly checked line by line! As there were few pax, no great deal.

Arrivals at LHR - pretty meager...

Baggage reclaim deserted...

Arrivals - Boots and Cafe Nero were open, all other places were closed.
RoyalSwazi likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 9:36 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
Thanks for the update CKBA. Interesting to see how this has changed since the UK quarantine was implemented. But what's the point of going now if you have to quarantine? Just a family visit at home? Or will you be staying longer than two weeks?
Old Jun 26, 2020, 9:56 am

... staying 2+3 weeks - had to add the two weeks Q to our stay. Fortunately we can WFH - wherever 'home' is.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 11:10 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by CKBA
EF suggests about 50 pax - although seemed much fewer (could have been crew - seemed to have two lots of crew come off and back on again at IAD)
I'm interested in what are all the blocked triples in Y. I can understand the single blocked seats adjacent to an occupied seat which I assume is theoretical seating.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1P
Originally Posted by tjcxx
I'm interested in what are all the blocked triples in Y. I can understand the single blocked seats adjacent to an occupied seat which I assume is theoretical seating.
I am also interested in why they would be double crewing the flights. It seems the crews are still overnighting in USA, so clearly it's not so they can make an immediate turn.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Another month... another IAD-LHR... (spot the difference(s)):

Tunnel between the main terminal and the B-gates at Dulles (somewhat superior to that at LHR!), still empty...

Wow, an unexpected benefit from all this is super sparkling floors - on both sides of the pond!!!
Old Jun 26, 2020, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by tjcxx
As far as I could tell all those blocked seats were empty. Might have been weight distribution?
Old Jun 28, 2020, 2:41 pm

...forgot to mention: boarding for IAD-LHR was the 'turn-left' people first, then by row from back to front. On arrival at LHR everyone was told to remain seated until each row was called - then you could stand up and get your OH storage bags - and first to leave were the 'turn left' people, then rows from front to back.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 5:32 am

That tunnel at IAD is usually just as empty during pre-covid times. 99.99% of pax take train between terminals. I always walk the tunnel and usually see 1 or 2 employees walking it. Most pax don't know it exists or choose not to use it.
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.