Wiki Posts
Search

Avios Cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2020, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by just_starting
Does anyone know what actually happens when you go through with the voucher option for an Avios booking? Will they issue a voucher for the taxes and eventually refund the Avios anyway?

Avios and a voucher for Avios should be exactly the same thing on their balance sheet, so I don't think it should make a difference...
For an avios booking, if you select the voucher no avios are returned. The voucher (basically, your old ticket number) stays in the system with the avios and the cash (taxes/surcharges) you paid reflected in the booking.
See the main Covid help thread:
Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
Old Apr 5, 2020, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
How long should I expect to wait for my voucher. I requested one on the 18th March for an Avios booking on Cathay Pacific. The flight was not cancelled but I was unable to take the flight. I received an acknowledgement straight away but since then nothing.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The voucher includes the Avios miles and balance of any fees after the cancellation charge. When I am ready to rebook an award, do I have to fly the same route or can I apply these Avios miles to another destination?
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Shareholder
The voucher includes the Avios miles and balance of any fees after the cancellation charge. When I am ready to rebook an award, do I have to fly the same route or can I apply these Avios miles to another destination?
Any Avios booking should do to any destination, it could even be on another airline.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Any Avios booking should do to any destination, it could even be on another airline.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.