Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA's Daily Schedule

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Akoz
I have family due to come back early April from Barbados. They got a similar BA text to the above Nairobi one also stating last flight on 28th March.
Why aren't they home already?

rb211.
shefgab likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
GVA showing 2x daily thro 4 April, as is the cargo flight LHR-SIN-SYD!
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:49 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by RB211
Why aren't they home already?

rb211.
Barbados currently has very few cases. At the time they left it had none. The schedule to Barbados was operating normally till a few days ago. They have now been moved on to a flight arriving back this Saturday AM. Personally I did not think they should have gone. You can take a horse to water but......
Old Mar 25, 2020, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Akoz
... Personally I did not think they should have gone. You can take a horse to water but......
I hear that. I would not have gone. If I had have gone I would have returned already. No place operates in isolation and once you see restrictions with a pandemic, you know most places are going to follow to differing degrees. That's the time to go home and I'm personally surprised at how many people were still flying a week ago!

rb211.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
dominic rabb has said anyone travelling should get home now. i have a suspicion uk airports may close early next week
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:08 am

I’m hearing more and more from ex-colleagues that BA will stop all passenger operation, leaving only Freighter flights with bulk goods in the hold and smaller boxes on seats, covered with netting. (There are a few photos around of such configs, see for instance Lufthansa, Austrian or Neos’ flights to China).

I should point out that this is nothing but a rumour, I have no timescales for that but it’s been repeated by 3 contacts in Ops who don’t know or work with each other.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Peter_S
Just received the following text from BA, indicating that effective March 28th they won’t be flying to NBO. I believe Kenya is closing it’s airspace?

They have already closed their airspace. The only flights actually still going in and out are BA flights as BA did a special deal with the Kenyan Government to get Brits home. No other flights are operating. There is a 7pm Curfew in Kenya as well which means you have to be at the airport by 7pm to catch the BA64 which is over 5 hours later!
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
dominic rabb has said anyone travelling should get home now. i have a suspicion uk airports may close early next week
I doubt that. LHR and LGW likely to stay open for cargo flights. I suspect a good number of the fleet will have cargo in the passenger cabin as well.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 4:12 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
Looking at FR24 last night, the aircraft that operated what would have been a domestic night stop flight positioned back to LHR, and looking at the flight status page on BA.com today it now appears that there are no domestic night stop flights.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 1:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold | Hilton Honors Platinum
As another date point, had booked flight for my brother with Avios LHR-GOT for 22nd April, text and email yesterday saying that the route will no longer operate from 5th April.

So I assume we will see a raft of SH route cancellations over the next week or so.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 1:43 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by djtriggz
They have already closed their airspace. The only flights actually still going in and out are BA flights as BA did a special deal with the Kenyan Government to get Brits home. No other flights are operating. There is a 7pm Curfew in Kenya as well which means you have to be at the airport by 7pm to catch the BA64 which is over 5 hours later!
I was in Nairobi the weekend when they closed the border to non Kenyan citizens. Sunday the 15th March. I decided then to get home as soon as I could, which ended up being the flight at 00:05 on the 18th. It was pretty apparent to me that global aviation would grind to a halt pretty rapidly! Nairobi was not high on my list of places to be during a pandemic, even though then (and now I think) they have comparatively few cases. Advice is to be at the airport for 6pm, presumably because no taxi driver is going to leave themselves at risk of not being at home during a curfew. I wonder if the Turkish airlines lounge is still open...? Be the only time it’s not crowded if it is!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.