Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT+, free upgrade to CE (book by Nov 30th)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
WT+, free upgrade to CE (book by Nov 30th)

There's currently a tempting promo available for WT+ travellers connecting to/from BA short haul flight.

Upgrade to Club Europe

However, there’s very little information available on how to book it. Any ideas if it’s only for travel agent bookings? If I book online should I call BA for the upgrade? Is it available for both in and outbound short haul flights? Anybody tried that yet?
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:31 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

This is an interesting offer. From the T&C I see this is only valid for E or W WT+ booking, is this correct? I've recently booked a trip in WT+ but in T class, so am wondering if this will be applicable too.

Cheers!
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by nldogbert
This is an interesting offer. From the T&C I see this is only valid for E or W WT+ booking, is this correct? I've recently booked a trip in WT+ but in T class, so am wondering if this will be applicable too.

Cheers!
I think you have answered your own wondering there.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I tried a dummy EDI-JFK booking on BA.com and I’m offered the upgrade on E and W fare codes.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 16, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Last week while searching for WT+ return flights to UAE from BRU, more than one result gave me the SH booked in CE.
I just made a dummy booking for AUH next March and again the SH legs are in CE, while the WT+ class is T. The price is good too, around 680 eur return.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Lefly
Last week while searching for WT+ return flights to UAE from BRU, more than one result gave me the SH booked in CE.
I just made a dummy booking for AUH next March and again the SH legs are in CE, while the WT+ class is T. The price is good too, around 680 eur return.
This,and the example provided by Prospero don't make sense - the offer is clearly aimed at pax starting on a WT+ flight INTO the UK and then transferring onwards onto a flight which offers CE seats.

The wording of 'Your customers ...' also to me implies that it's only for use with TA / CTA bookings.T&C #6 states Avios will be given based on the cabin flown but no mention of TP's
Old Oct 16, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Looks like the PDF is only being promoted to TAs, but on ITA (MUC-LHR-KUL) I was seeing T booking into K as usual, but E booking into I (the lowest available CE bucket) so it should be the default setting.

Given the fare classes it books into, I'm absolutely confident that you'd earn TPs for the cabin flown as well as avios.

And there's no reason why travellers on WTP would only be those flying their outbound on WTP; everyone who does a return will be able to visit a lounge before their short-haul, whether that's on the inbound or outbound leg, and whether it's domestic or international. The only people who won't benefit will be those doing two long-hauls (e.g., JFK-LHR-TLV or YYZ-LHR-BOM) but it only takes to returns like that to get silver status anyway.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Just a quick note to say that this promotion was either re-started or extended (am not sure which) and bookings made in the window 19 February 2020 – 30 April 2020 will be eligible.

The link provided by the OP is still valid for the current extended dates.

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere. Also I am aware that people may not want to be booking flights now but just in case it helps anybody!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.