Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA ticket with expedia voucher

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:11 am
Original Poster

BA ticket with expedia voucher

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone has experience cancelling a BA booking on Expedia as I have done so (after many hours of holding!) but they don't seem to actually give you any sort of documentation. They cancelled the flights and then said I should call back to rebook....Does this sound right? Any experiences welcome!

Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Is the BA flight operating and you chose to cancel or is it that BA cancelled the flight?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:41 am
Original Poster

I chose to cancel. Is this a good or bad sign!?
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

It sounds as though you will retain the unused value of your ticket which you can now use towards future travel. See the Booking with Confidence thread for the latest info

The total value will be carried forward and this includes the fare, taxes, fees and charges which appear on your original ticket. You will need your original ticket number so make a note of this as you’ll quote this when you are ready to make a new booking
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:04 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Don't worry - I've been in exactly the same situation. They actually sent me an email telling me that when I was ready to rebook needed to call them and give them the original itinerary number and Iwould automatically have a credit up to the amount of the cancelled flight. <<Although the original tickets purchased are non-refundable, the airline allows you the option to use the value of these tickets towards a future reservation. Your future itinerary must comply with the following conditions:

The new itinerary must be booked with the same airline; the airline you are booked with is British Airways
The same passengers must be traveling; Name of passenger is xxxxxxxxxx
The new itinerary must be (rebooked within 1 year of original purchase date)
Your original date of purchase is 14 Dec 2019
You cannot change your departure country. Your Departure country is United States

Original Ticket Number: xxxxxxxxxxx
Total held in credit (per passenger): xxxxxxx
Change penalty (per passenger): 500USD + applicable GST + difference in fares
Expedia.com booking ID: xxxxxxxxxxx
Please refer to your online Expedia.com Itinerary # xxxxxxxxxxxx for the complete details of your original trip. To access your online itinerary, go to www.expedia.com and click on “My Trips”.
When rebooking your itinerary, there may be a difference in fare. Should the fare of the new itinerary be higher than the original purchase - the difference along with the change penalty quoted above will be collected at the time of rebooking. Please note this change fee is subject to change. However, should the fare of the new itinerary be lower, only the applicable change penalty will be collected.

When you are ready to use your travel credit, we request that you save an itinerary within your Expedia.com account. It is important that you only save the itinerary and do not purchase the new flight. Since prices are not guaranteed until purchased, it is in your best interest to call us as soon as you have saved your new trip. Please call us with your new itinerary number and the Expedia Booking ID as noted above for us to complete the reservation and issue the tickets.>>
In my case the change penalty is waived as I have travel insurance through Expedia. The insurance also covered the cost of the non refundable hotel together with the change penalty.
Hope this helps
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:32 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
If you have a God, I would pray to them.
Expedia were useless for my daughter's BA/AA flights to the West coast last month. Some of the ticket agents just told terminological inexactitudes to get her/me off the phone, and then repeated them in writing!
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
If you have a God, I would pray to them.
Expedia were useless for my daughter's BA/AA flights to the West coast last month. Some of the ticket agents just told terminological inexactitudes to get her/me off the phone, and then repeated them in writing!
That doesn't bode well. I've just had the first leg of an ex EU trip cancelled by BA on an Expedia booking. I only booked with them because BA didn't give me the flight options I wanted on the website, I know now I should have called them.
Schoolboy error on my part.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
For the broader audience, it is best to wait until close to departure to cancel. If the flight is cancelled, one is due a refund to the original form of payment. If one chooses to cancel, the best one does -- as here -- is a credit for future use. I would always take the cash refund as that can be used in any circumstance (or not), while the credit has restrictions and may or may not be a nuisance to use.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Thank you both. That all makes sense...my only concern is not getting an email confirmation.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 2:27 am

Expedia have just emailed me to tell me my flights are cancelled, (BA told me 3 days ago). They say they are going to give me an airline credit.

"We have issued an airline credit for your flight You are receiving this email as either your airline has cancelled your flight, or it was noted that you did not take your trip as scheduled because of the current situation related to COVID-19. No need to call us, we've got you covered. Your safety and peace of mind are of utmost importance to us, and we want to let you know we have issued an airline credit for your flight.

All the details of your airline credit, such as traveler name, amount, and expiration date, will be emailed to you in a confirmation email that you will receive soon."

Now I have to call them and persuade them to give the money back.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
BA flight booked through Expedia

Hi,

I had two BA flights booked through Expedia to Japan. Both now cancelled by BA and appearing as cancelled in MMB.

Expedia have just issued a voucher, however I'd like a cash refund. They won't speak to me as my (now non existent) flight isn't within 3 days (it was originally scheduled for Sunday). Their chatbot on their website is useless. And i can't find any form to get a cash refund.

Any ideas?

A
Old Mar 23, 2020, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Adstring
They won't speak to me as my (now non existent) flight isn't within 3 days (it was originally scheduled for Sunday). Their chatbot on their website is useless. And i can't find any form to get a cash refund.

Any ideas?
Wait until is IS within 3 days and call then
Old Mar 24, 2020, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Adstring
Hi,

I had two BA flights booked through Expedia to Japan. Both now cancelled by BA and appearing as cancelled in MMB.

Expedia have just issued a voucher, however I'd like a cash refund. They won't speak to me as my (now non existent) flight isn't within 3 days (it was originally scheduled for Sunday). Their chatbot on their website is useless. And i can't find any form to get a cash refund.

Any ideas?

A
I feel your pain, I can't call until next week. Please report back when you have called them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.