Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Well done BA - positive feedback / thank you thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Well done BA - positive feedback / thank you thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Very good service yesterday from You First. I am usually an ardent critic of BA but was impressed by speed and ease of refunding 241 booking. I was told 5-7 days for refund but avios returned immediately. The voucher is also back in my account but the date is for late August and has not been extended. I was told this might change and was subject to review.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Thank you to you all

Recently, I have spoken with / texted / Tweeted a number of BA staff. Without exception they have been courteous, helpful and given the time to explain my situation.

They must all be under great stress, so thank you.
cbagent likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 5:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I flew 6 BA sectors in the last 2 weeks, and they were all really great, despite what must be a horribly stressful time.

I am really grateful to them for looking after me so well, and want to thank them for their warm, kind and professional attitude, and their great sense of humour despite all the stressful times they must be having!

I'll really miss them while I am away from Europe. Very much looking forward to things going back to normal for everyone's sake, including great crew (and that includes ground staff too)!
Old Mar 23, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: BAGA Gymnastics 4.
BA Call Centre - utterly professional.

Just had to call BA to arrange a refund for our cancelled trip this week. The lady I spoke to was so utterly calm, courteous and polite. Got through in about 30 seconds (0800 727800, UK) and the refund was arranged. I did start by saying how awful this must be for the staff and I think that was appreciated. For all the stresses of the travelling public, the staff have their jobs to worry about too, so let's all be nice, please.

She did make mention of a recent email with nascent plans to potentially credit TP for flights not flown, that were cancelled by BA, on a case by case basis, but admitted that it's not her area of expertise. It's the most first-world of all problems right now but it was worth asking what happens to those of us who are nearing Silver. I'm sure time will tell.

Stu
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: BA
I experienced both sides last week when speaking with BA.
The first left me never wanting to even consider booking BA again
The second made me feel like the most important person in the world.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
I've done two calls in the last week. Both to nice staff who made me feel they had no pressure on them at all and delivered exactly what I needed from the call.

They were a real credit to BA and a pleasure to deal with.
Old May 5, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Bringing this thread back to life. I must say, I am absolutely amazed at BA's help.

About six months ago I booked 2 cheap tickets (about 45 EUR each) with an OTA for VIE-LHR and LHR-VIE in May.

Last week an aunt of of mine passed away, and today I found out the time of the funeral...exactly the time of my return flight. Prices for booking a new flight, for either later the same day or next day, are unsurprisingly quite expensive now. As it's impossible to check on 'manage booking' the price of changing the ticket, I thought I'd call the Gold Line to see if they would be able to give me a price (although I knew it would probably be cheaper to just throw the ticket and buy a new one). I didn't expect them to touch the ticket. To my amazement the agent said as a Gold member I could rebook to another day within 14 days either way for free. I was almost speechless.

It's little things like this that make me want to renew my Gold membership. BA were so helpful, I won't forget.
Old May 5, 2023, 7:54 am
dnw

24hrs and 5 minutes after submitting a flight cancellation claim, just had an email from BA confirming compensation payment and reimbursement of two days of generous meal expenses. Wow.
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Flew out from LHR to Seattle a couple of weeks ago on American Airlines (BAH booking in Y). An incredibly rude crew that I overheard in the galley imitating my wife's British accent when they thought I couldn't hear them. Also when I used the call bell to ask for some water, was told "you do know you can get up an get this yourself?" in a rather sarcastic way. The flight back on BA was a completely different experience. Crew were ultra friendly and helpful. Food 10x better (AA only had one option by the time they'd got to the back of Y). Even BA's dreaded 3-4-3 down the back of the 777 was much more comfortable than the same config on an AA 777. Having flown a lot with BA over the past few years, you really don't know what you've got until it's gone!!
Old Sep 10, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
To add another hugely positive experience today, called the gold card line to change a booking and the service was top notch, Call took slightly over 1 hour by the time we had explored the many various options to upgrade my booking as we had a mix of classes, a mix of carriers, and eventually moved dates too. Throughout the whole call the lady in the Newcastle call centre was chirpy and pleasant and nothing was too much trouble. A fabulous example of quality customer service.
Bluekjp and Pigeon49 like this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by JapesUK
To add another hugely positive experience today, called the gold card line to change a booking and the service was top notch, Call took slightly over 1 hour by the time we had explored the many various options to upgrade my booking as we had a mix of classes, a mix of carriers, and eventually moved dates too. Throughout the whole call the lady in the Newcastle call centre was chirpy and pleasant and nothing was too much trouble. A fabulous example of quality customer service.
I hope you put in a Golden Ticket or something for the agent!

I always find the telephone people in the UK to be really good at BA.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
I hope you put in a Golden Ticket or something for the agent!

I always find the telephone people in the UK to be really good at BA.
Indeed I have, only my second one. The first one went to the first officer on a recent flight where we were massively delayed. The plane was stuck with no end in sight and he spent a good half hour cheerfully explaining the flight deck and chatting about his job and the intricacies of scheduling etc. I should have posted than on here too but forgot about this thread at the time.
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 4:58 pm

Programs: BAEC GOLD, AS,AA,HILTON,IHG
I'll second JapesUK's post almost to the letter. My call was more like 90 minutes because I believe the agent was quite new as evidenced by her repeated need to put me on hold to go ask someone who knew what was what. She also initially tried to charge me some outlandish change fee, some rubbish about why I was rebooking, and that it was too close to the original departure date. All that nonsense got binned by my telling her that the agent I spoke with 10 days previous was quite specific about a minimal change fee and that I had up until the day before the original departure to rebook. While this was annoying I couldn't hold it against her as it's a rubbish job. After about her fifth time of saying "Thank you for your patience" I told her "You don't need to thank me, we're in this together, yeah?" That got a good laugh out of her. About four holds later we had it sorted, more or less in my favor, and as it was late in the day I told her I hoped she got home soon for a nice tea which elicited a near gale of laughter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.