Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lighthearted stress-relieving thread (loosely BA connected ...)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lighthearted stress-relieving thread (loosely BA connected ...)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AJA_
Is that a new BA service and from which terminal at LHR will it operate?
gotta keep the slots going 🤣
AJA_ likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:39 am
Suspended

Seriously I do hope that people are being pleasant when speaking to you and your colleagues on the other end of the line trying your best to do something for them. It can't be easy dealing with the multiple queries and frustrated customers. I do hope WW and AC appreciate your hard work.
to be honest 99.99% omare great which is better than normal!

Yep we got rewarded with threat of redundancy and £10 Amazon voucher today they are being great as always 🤣
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Is that a new BA service and from which terminal at LHR will it operate?
I would much rather fly to Coventry than take my usual train. I have to commute between Coventry and London at least two days per week.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:53 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by Hawk777
Yep we got rewarded with threat of redundancy and £10 Amazon voucher today they are being great as always 🤣
I am so sorry to hear that. I know this is supposed to be a light-hearted thread but that makes me sad.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by flyingoldie
OK, I'll join in with a good news bad news story. Bad news, big holiday to India now off, not sure what we'll get back. Living in France we are now in lockdown aka house arrest from 12 mid day. Only allowed out for special 'essential' circumstances and while clutching an official form.
Good news - all wine merchants are deemed to be essential - so can stay open......... Another glass anyone?
Mange tout Rodders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g93RycMBaYMML
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Rather than giving the position in the queue or expected wait time BA should give the IATA code of the airport you could fly to in the expected wait time. Obviously only from LHR and they have an extra 3 hours to add before owing any compensation. (All calls will be answered 'long haul').

Not only will this give some only vaguely useful information, but also provide a quiz on airport codes to keep you entertained while you wait.

When Ocado are delivering M&S food, if they start doing same day deliveries like Sainsbury's then BA could also offer 'BoB'...
Hawk777 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:05 am

Programs: American Life Time 2 Million Mile Platinum
Originally Posted by PAL62V
That means any one of us could turn up and say we are Hawk777. Hmmm... free drinks....hmmmm.
No, I'm Spartacus, I mean Hawk777......
Hawk777 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:10 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by mnhusker
Originally Posted by Akoz View Post
I feel like this is missing some possible BA enhancements. Such as;
Press 1 - to speak to someone straight away (£XXX or XXXXX avios) OR One case of Toilet paper
Press 2 - to speak to someone soon (£XX or XXX avios) Or 6 rolls of Toilet Paper
Press 3 - to speak to someone possibly (£X or XX avios) Or Two Rolls of Toilet Paper
Press 4 - and we might get round to speaking to you

Obviously there would be options of POUG PTUG your position at any random point while listening to music, and prices for customisation such as other music.
Originally Posted by mnhusker
Remember whats's important in this New Era; it ain't money or Avios .
So where might a bottle / case of LPGS and a few bags of pasta get me?

Last edited by Akoz; Mar 17, 2020 at 9:22 am
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: Various memberships
BA have announce they have run out of toilet roll and so now passengers will have to use lettuce leaves.

I fear it is the tip of the iceberg!
BA or bust, toothy, T8191 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President
The "Self Isolate" is a great name for a cocktail bar somewhere...complete with its signature cocktail of course..."The Self Isolate"...

Chris
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
In the interests of levity ...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32197507-post371.html
Old Mar 17, 2020, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Please keep the humour coming !!! Now 6 hrs since i started to try and edit my Ocado order and still not managed. When I do, I think I will add several litres of spirits to anaesthetise me against the stress of trying to place the next order. I have been Gold for so long, that I have forgotten what it is like to have to take ones turn in a queue with the rest of the world
Old Mar 17, 2020, 10:04 am

Programs: Various memberships

Made me titter
T8191 and S_W_S like this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Silver,AA,EI&UA
Old Mar 17, 2020, 10:20 am

As seen in cockpit window of parked A380

Please be advised that there are no toilet paper rolls held overnight in this vehicle
TheEngineer and AJA_ like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.