Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for refunds to be processed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2020, 5:40 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I had two refunds clear after about two weeks. They hit my Amex card just as I was about to pay it. After the nonsense with THY who took 6 months, I think that is pretty good.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Funds cleared on AMEX today, so all in a decent and not too long refund time for a manual intervention - 20 days
Snap! 20 days and back on the Amex. I guess they were busy then as they announced a load of cancellations in response to lockdown 2.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Just processed my latest Amex statement. BA cancelled our CPT trip on 17 Sep. Avios and 2-4-1 restored almost instantly. Cash element (c. £1,000) restored to Amex on 6 Nov, so about 7 weeks.

That's the last of this year's cancellations sorted/refunded. I wonder whether we will get away in 2021?!
Old Nov 29, 2020, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
On 27 September, I did two Avios rebookings that required reissues. There were cash refunds due for both bookings, which I expected to be actioned when the tickets were reissued.

One was reissued on 20 November, and I've now had the refund for that (it appeared on my Amex the next day). The other is still in the queue but I suspect that it will get looked at before too long now.

This is for travel in late spring 2021, so it's far enough away not to qualify for any priority. If anyone's waiting for a refund from the ticket reissue queue, this might be an indication of how long it's currently taking as a matter of routine.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Yeah.

latest manual one completed in 20 days.

Got to sort out the car rental, was told to call 3 weeks before and if FCDO still advising against travel to US, I can get 100% cash refund ( no FTV or 20% reduction).

I will see on the 3rd!?...assuming I can get through to BAH!
Old Dec 1, 2020, 3:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Seems like 20 days is their new magic number. Refund arrived yesterday onto my AMEX, exactly 20 days after requesting.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
20 days for me, refund arrived yesterday.

Was a cash ET booking upgraded to CE with cash when they launched the cheap fares a couple of months ago.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 3:29 am

I requested a refund on the 12th October and I’ve still not received mine yet. There was date changes involved but surely this is longer than it should be taking looking at the previous posts.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by krispy84
20 days for me, refund arrived yesterday.

Was a cash ET booking upgraded to CE with cash when they launched the cheap fares a couple of months ago.
Exactly the same as mine!
krispy84 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by Craig2305
I requested a refund on the 12th October and I’ve still not received mine yet. There was date changes involved but surely this is longer than it should be taking looking at the previous posts.
I requested a refund ffor an avios booking that involved both a date change and a destination change on 7th Oct. After 1 month I hadn't received it so called up and was told it would be prioritised. They then processed it within a week or so.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 4:13 am

I requested a refund on the 15th of September after BA cancelled our flights. After calling and being told its been prioritised several times, after 77 days I'm still waiting for the refund to be issued.
Has anyone found a way to hurry BA up?
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 5:07 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Michael Stephens
I requested a refund on the 15th of September after BA cancelled our flights. After calling and being told its been prioritised several times, after 77 days I'm still waiting for the refund to be issued.
Has anyone found a way to hurry BA up?
I'm still waiting for three which are outstanding since early October
Old Dec 1, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
I called BA 2 days ago to request a refund on a cancelled flight and the money was back on my credit card this morning. Very impressed.

Similar request made 5 weeks ago and I'm still waiting. Not so happy.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Cancellation requested on 26 October received 27 November

Helpdesk couldn’t match pricing for amended itinerary after flight cancelled despite pricing up a new booking at lower price. Went to operations desk at holiday who couldn’t match price or intervene but suggested cancellation on Friday and pushed through, money back on card yesterday and new itinerary at lower price booked today.

Technical helpdesk called back today and was price feed error. Profuse apologies offered along with complimentary transfers. Great outcome.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Filled in the online cancellation form for 2 bookings on the 18/11, nothing so far apart from the acknowledgement email.

One had a few changes, so I'm expecting that to be sat in a queue somewhere, the other was a simple one way point to point so unsure what's taking so long with that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.