Wiki Posts
Search

How long for refunds to be processed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, BONVOY L/T GOLD,
How long for refunds to be processed

Does anyone have an idea how long it will take to get refunds? Also how long for new tickets to get issued? I dont want to bother BA by calling them.....

We cancelled on Weds and rebooked but neither the refund nor the new charges have gone through...
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brithk
Does anyone have an idea how long it will take to get refunds? Also how long for new tickets to get issued? I dont want to bother BA by calling them.....

We cancelled on Weds and rebooked but neither the refund nor the new charges have gone through...
refund at best of times are generally 3/5 days at moment I'd expect a few extra
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
When I called on Friday to cancel a ticket (for travel today) I was told at least 10 working days at the moment.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA
Just had an email from BA cancelling our flights stating 7 days to refund onto our card.
ILikePancakes likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA
I requested a refund for a cancelled flight Thursday morning and noticed yesterday the money back on my AMEX already.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I cancelled some flights on Tuesday morning, and no signs of a refund yet. I think we can all expect a longer than normal wait.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:32 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver
I cancelled flights on Thursday morning through MMB and refund of taxes (all I was due on the ticket) back on the card at 6am Sunday, which I think is pretty good considering the current situation
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:23 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond
My BA1 was cancelled last Wednesday - for 23 April departure- was offered LHR-JFK but decided to cancel. This was an Amex 2-4-1 Avios redemption. I cancelled on line for a full refund. I got an immediate email notice. But so far no money, Avios or voucher as yet.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Managed to get through to the gold line after 20 mins yesterday (5.30pm), requesting an E-Voucher rather than cancellation.

I was given the key facts how to use the voucher over the phone, and now my account is showing cancelled / refund in process - let’s see if I do indeed get the E-Voucher (have also tried online but no email received).
Old Mar 16, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: BA LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingWelshie
My BA1 was cancelled last Wednesday - for 23 April departure- was offered LHR-JFK but decided to cancel. This was an Amex 2-4-1 Avios redemption. I cancelled on line for a full refund. I got an immediate email notice. But so far no money, Avios or voucher as yet.
We were also on BA1 on 23rd April on a 2-4-1 (perhaps not surprising this was an early cancellation??) and cancelled the trip last week. Same as FlyingWelshie, immediate email but nothing else as yet.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Requested refund on Tuesday after my flight had been cancelled and no refund yet, but that was a debit card for personal travel and so I expect that to be a little slower than Credit Card (not sure if that's logical thinking or not!)
Old Mar 16, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Cancelled Thursday and money was back on the AMEX by Sunday morning.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I cancelled three flight only bookings on Thursday. Two could be completed online and the refund was back on my Amex by Sunday. For my imminent Tel Aviv flights which BA cancelled, it wouldn’t let me cancel online (due to UUA?) so I had to call. No sign of the refund or Avios yet. I was told 7-10 days for the back office to process but understand it may be longer in the current circumstances
Old Mar 16, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: BA GGL
BA Holidays cancelled my trip to Malta w/c 30th March by email last Friday. Today I got an email confirming the cancellation, setting out the amount and saying it’ll be credited back to the original card used for payment in 7 to 10 days. I’m quite happy with that
Old Mar 16, 2020, 4:52 pm

I have a 17/02 still to be processed and a 13/03 with the refund already received.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.