Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for refunds to be processed

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by KARFA
The ones with previous CR vouchers are proving very difficult to get sorted. I have a similar one which is my only one I am waiting for now.
Im pleased to say with the help of BA Refund Helper, the cash element of our booking like this has now come back to us.

I’ve had nothing in respect of the CR voucher which was originally used. I’ll leave it a little bit longer before chasing that. Hopefully they will issue a new voucher with a years validity...?
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Amex Platinum
I had three PNRs which BA had cancelled. One was for today (Friday 24th) and two for May.

I called (on Wednesday 22nd) the 0800 number then 2 2 2 and got through. A very helpful lady who was WFH and using her apple watch for voice as her headset was broken processed all three refunds (cash plus some avios to reduce the price). I noticed that the avios were back in my account almost immediately. I just happened to be checking my Amex account this morning as I had just paid my bill and saw the three cash refunds with transaction dates of yesterday (23rd).

I was expecting to wait up to 21 days so very impressed.
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 11:37 am
MKB

I cancelled an award booking on ba.com (using the disabled Javascript workaround) 31 days ago. The booking disappeared from My Bookings within minutes. Still waiting for Avios, 2-for-1 voucher and money refund, and have not been able to get through on the phone. I have messaged the BA Refund Helper, so will see what comes of that.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 12:46 am

I would like to add my thanks to BA Refund Helper. I had already been refunded my 2-4-1 voucher (extended by 6months) and my Avios but had waited 18 days for my cash refund. After contacting BA Refund Helper my cash was refunded to my Amex the next day. Fantastic work!
Old Apr 25, 2020, 2:00 am

I would like to add my thanks to the ever increasing list BA refund helper my refund of avios and taxes/seat reservations was timely by BA but my 2-4-1 voucher remained stuck on my account as 'used'. Within minutes of sending a message my query was resolved and the voucher was on my account - literally less time that it took to write this post.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 2:54 am

Another good experience for myself. I received cancellation email for 24th May LHR-YVR flight on Tuesday this week, called the standard number Wednesday PM and was assisted by a very helpful chap in a UK call centre. This was a cash booking and the money was back on my CC account yesterday evening.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
THANK YOU - BA Refund Helper.

She / he responded to my original question within 48 hours, we had three email exchanges and though they were unable to resolve the problem, she/he did confirm the date and amount which was refunded against the locator code. (which was over a week after the call centre had stated!) We were then able to lean more heavily on RBC Visa, and within 24 hours, the "lost" refund somewhere in the wormhole between BA and VISA was located and credited. It wasn't quite the amount we were expecting as there was also a refund on the First class return moved to Biz after european flights were cancelled leaving a really poor connection at Heathrow but we got almost all of it. (one day I'll do First again (says him dreaming!))

If you are struggling to get through or make progress on a refund, this resource is highly recommended. Thorough, polite and moved us forward in searching for the two grand!

Regardless of whether this is an official service or not, BA Refund Helper should be formally recognised for her / his personal commitment to delivering excellent customer service. (and get a whole load of FTalkers off the phones and "happy" - a relative term for most on this forum!)
Crampedin13A and squawk like this.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 2:24 pm

Req a refund on or about 16/3/20 for 4 sectors, had the 42000 avios points put back into my Account immediately , took around 5 phone calls to get cash back to my Amex , arrived today and now negative 500+ on earned avios with Amex
Old Apr 25, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Been waiting 2 weeks for agreed full refund of a 2-4-1 voucher taxes. Was told it would be another 4-6 weeks before I could expect to see refund :-(
Old Apr 26, 2020, 4:09 am

My thanks as well to BA Refund Helper. I contacted them on Thursday as I had been waiting 3 weeks for a part flown journey to be refunded. They replied the same day saying it should be credited back to my card within 48 hours. And so it was. It was very much appreciated (and retains my funding of the household loyalty here to flying BA; wife and daughter particularly partial!)

Last edited by trevethin; Apr 27, 2020 at 9:01 am
Old Apr 26, 2020, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Re. BA HELPER REFUND

Is it safe to send PNR’s by PM to BA Helper Refund?

thanks

IGNORE THIS MESSAGE as I’ve had message from BA HELPER REFUND already. Very impressive

Last edited by Grande Annee; Apr 26, 2020 at 7:23 am
Old Apr 26, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Silver
Another vote of approval for BA refund helper's excellent service. Avios and 2-4-1 voucher returned without a problem, and cash remainder soon after BA refund helper stepped in.
Separately a standalone BA-Avis car hire booking refunded quickly and in full after calling to cancel.
I'm sure that in the future it will be the airlines who have responded positively who reap the benefit.
Grande Annee likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
What a heartwarming, ‘good-news’ thread this has become - and no doubt will continue to be. BA Refund Helper has successfully assisted several hundreds of BA flyers, including, almost certainly, many who will have chosen not to post comments here.

His admirable, generous, intervention has helped hugely in deflecting the otherwise-damaging consequences - as sadly reported in countless early posts upthread - of a decision by executive management to purposely disable the auto-refund online facility ; and then, just for good measure, to further obstruct anyone wishing to make legitimate use of the well-publicised javascript workaround.

Many FT-ers post about individual inflight / ground experiences which culminate in the rightful award of a Golden Ticket to various members of the BA workforce who have gone the extra mile. Personally, I’d be inclined to recommend BA Refund Helper for recognition in the Queen’s New Year’s Honours list ........
Old Apr 26, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by subject2load
Personally, I’d be inclined to recommend BA Refund Helper for recognition in the Queen’s New Year’s Honours list ........
Also, how about promotion to an executive position in charge of customer service? I've sent my comments to the BA feedback page on the website, so hopefully there will be some due recognition.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by MiraculousM
This was what happened to me. It would still send me through to the recorded "please call back" then disconnect no matter what time i called.
If you try a few times doing the same thing you might get connected. The phone system only allows so many in a queue. I tried 3 times today and on third attempt was connected to the call centre in Bremen within a minute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.