Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long for refunds to be processed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2020, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Thumbs up

3 days for me on a BA Holidays refund. Money back on Amex today.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, BONVOY L/T GOLD,
To close off my question; my refund arrived today so 8 days which in the circumstances is pretty great!
seawolf and NoTiersForMe like this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
Cancelled cash+avios booking on Tuesday. Avios back immediately, cash arrived 36 hours later.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:27 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Peter_S
BA Holidays cancelled my trip to Malta w/c 30th March by email last Friday. Today I got an email confirming the cancellation, setting out the amount and saying it’ll be credited back to the original card used for payment in 7 to 10 days. I’m quite happy with that
Just to close this out, I was emailed on the 13th and the credit was applied to my account on the 18th, which is pretty good I think given everything that’s going on!

now need to see what happens to the holiday to Thailand in May, Zanzibar in June and Australia in September...
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
Cancelled a cash booking online on 13/3 (GLA-LHR-FRA; BRU-LHR-GLA). Three out of the four legs had been cancelled by BA, which the website explained on one page gave me the right to refuse re-booking and receive a full refund. When I clicked through to the next page, however, I then had to tick a box to say that I would agree to accept whatever refund BA calculate (which is an absolutely outrageous way of doing business btw)! Especially when it is such a straightforward booking! Needless to say I have a screen shot of the first page. One week on, nothing yet, and it’s still showing in MMB. Not worried yet, though.
Old Mar 21, 2020, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by koroleon
I cancelled an Avios booking (with the Lloyds upgrade voucher) 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't even be processed. This lottery is ridiculous - especially with Avios where you cannot see anything online and you need to wait an hour to speak to them when you call.
Be interested to see how you get on and what happens with the voucher. I have an upcoming booking where I used it and when I redeemed it, was the day before the voucher was due to expire.

I'm thinking in order to not lose it I may have to change my booking rather than cancel.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 1:12 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
I called on Saturday to get a refund for a cancelled LHR-HEL-LHR trip. The agent said it could take up to 21 days, but the money was credited back on my AMEX this morning.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 3:23 am

My Easter flights (LHR - BEY) were cancelled by BA. No rebooking or other options were available online. I called and requested a refund. Call ended about 1pm on 20 Mar. Refund now shows on my credit card account today, but it is recorded as posted on 21 March. Have to work out what to do with that credit because the credit card company (AMEX) are going to collect the full balance on the previous statement by direct debit, and not offset that balance against this credit!

Last edited by Yanshuf; Mar 23, 2020 at 4:43 am
Old Mar 23, 2020, 3:48 am

I've got a few refunds going back to closed cards, AMEX are pretty good and they'll either transfer to another card you have that does have a balance (if you ask nicely) or provide a refund to a bank account/via cheque IIRC.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:20 am

Trip booked on February 10th ( 2x F , LHR to LAX to LAS) for me +1, for July later this year.

on March 8th, I got an email alerting me to a schedule change of around 7 hours on the inbound flight

I called BA on March 10th requesting refund (they tried hard to keep me booked and even offered to fund the fare difference for a direct return flight) but I opted for a refund.
They said they would process a manual one which would take approx 7 days.
Immediately my Manage Booking screen showed the "we are processing cancellation" etc...

I have now disputed the charge with CC company...
Any other advice?
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Rohil
Trip booked on February 10th ( 2x F , LHR to LAX to LAS) for me +1, for July later this year.

on March 8th, I got an email alerting me to a schedule change of around 7 hours on the inbound flight

I called BA on March 10th requesting refund (they tried hard to keep me booked and even offered to fund the fare difference for a direct return flight) but I opted for a refund.
They said they would process a manual one which would take approx 7 days.
Immediately my Manage Booking screen showed the "we are processing cancellation" etc...

I have now disputed the charge with CC company...
Any other advice?
why have you disputed it? You cancelled less than 2 weeks ago, and BA says it is processing it. In current (in any?) circumstances, you’ve been a wee bit trigger happy IMHO.
KARFA and aidy like this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:40 am

Simple answer to this is cashflow
Bill is due end of this month.
It's on a card I do not use very often, and I don't want to pay it to then get a refund and a massive credit on this card which will take me best part of a good few months to spend.

EDIT: and also, I appreciate that we are in difficult circumstances at the moment, however, the request was put in when wait times were only about 20 mins and I was told categorically that it would take approx 7 days to refund.
We are now at nearly double that with no way for me to contact BA (just tried, again, and got cut off from their 08007707070 number after an automated message).

Last edited by Rohil; Mar 23, 2020 at 4:46 am
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
8 Days so far. Still waiting for over $10000.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by second row
8 Days so far. Still waiting for over $10000.
it’s a tricky situation when airlines might be running low but at the same time pax are in more difficult situation when they could be waiting on refunds whilst having to book brand new tickets as original airlines stopped flying and won’t reroute
Rohil likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:05 am

Programs: Iberia Plus
BA cancelled one of my flights on Friday, I immediately request the refund online using the javasript trick. I got the money today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.