Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taking antibacterial wipes onto BA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
Always carry disinfecting wipes on planes and always wipe down the surfaces around my seat. Been doing this for years and never had a problem with security.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Always use them on BA, I think BA expects their passengers to clean the plane, so they can say cleaned during every flight
Old Mar 12, 2020, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Recently did this at GLA, LHR and JFK had no issues whatsoever.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
Similar no issue with a pack of Dettol wipes at MAN, LHR and HYD. Just left in hand luggage.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
I have some small sprays which I will fill with rubbing alcohol or 70% Isopropyl Alcohol to give it its proper name. When I get on my flight to Madeira next week I will be doing some seat/tray/seatbelt cleaning. I received an email today from BA re the enhanced cleaning after each flight but will still carry on. I guess crews are getting used to pax doing this by now.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: Executive Club Silver, Kestrelflyer Silver, FlyingBlue & Expedia+
Originally Posted by aristoph
I’m off to BGI this weekend, and I just don’t trust that BA will clean the seat between flights so am planning to take Dettol wipes on board with me. They’re wet obviously, but not liquid, so I assume LGW security is sensible and lets them through - does anyone have experience?

(if it seems like a silly question, my bag was sent for secondary at LCY because I left a powder asthma inhaler in the bag. They told me it was a liquid and when I protested that NO other airport ever had, the response was that LCY is on a different security level!)

PS Just received this from JetBlue who ARE taking hygiene seriously/
  1. We know how important cleanliness is during these times. To offer you peace of mind, we have increased aircraft cleaning each night, including the walls, windows, window shades, galleys, lavatories and floors. We are applying disinfectant that is effective against coronavirus across aircraft interiors including the places customers touch most - the tray tables, seat covers, armrests and seatbelts.
Try not to worry you won't have a problem at all there like everyone has said. It is more to do with Pastes, creams, liquid (as always) anything that's movable really. Wet wipes are soaked so it's fine. Even food is fine! Just not water or juices, etc.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 3:01 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by LBA_flyer
I’ve been ‘secondaried’ a couple of times for inhalers.....and informed each time that they should be in the liquids bag.
Originally Posted by Magic01273
Crazy.... I've never flown without inhalers in my carry on and have NEVER included them in my liquids or been called out on it.
same experience as Magic01273 here - I've 3 different inhalers, so up to 6 items if I carry spares, and never considered putting them with toiletries, nor been told to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.