Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: carrotjuice
BAEC notification
updated 25 March 2020

Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Executive Club Tier Flexibility Policy
We understand the substantial impact these unprecedented times are having on the lives of our Executive Club Members. We have taken steps to protect the Tier status and well-earned benefits of our Members.

We’ll be lowering Tier Point thresholds by 30% for all Members due for Tier upgrade or renewal in April, May and June. This results in lower Tier qualification thresholds as laid out below
  • Bronze: 210 Tier Points
  • Silver: 420 Tier Points
  • Gold: 1050 Tier Points
  • Gold Guest List (Renewal): 2100 Tier Points (not on BA.com, internal only)
    Gold Guest List (Upgrade): 3500 Tier Points (not on BA.com, internal only)

To ensure our Members still have the opportunity to use their Gold Upgrade Vouchers, Companion Vouchers and Travel Together Tickets earned via a British Airways credit card, we’re applying a six-month expiration extension to any current vouchers.

The situation is constantly changing, which is why we’re continuously reviewing our policy and will communicate any updates.

See here for details: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/tiers-and-benefits?dr=&dt=British%20Airways%20%7C%20Book%20F lights,%20Holidays,%20City%20Breaks%20%26%20Check% 20In%20Online&scheme=&audience=travel&CUSTSEG=&GGL Member=&ban=c2b728e5fe0683865614c44450048aa6%7C%7C CAM%7C6%7CCTA1%7C1%7C%7C%7C%7CHOME%7C%7C%7C%7CL4%7 C%7C%7C%7Canonymous-inspiration%7C%7C%7C&KMtag=c&KMver=1.0&clickpage=H OME#flexibility

FAQs

Show all|Hide all
How do I benefit from the Tier Flexibility policy?If you are eligible for a Tier upgrade or renewal under this policy, there is no need to contact us. This will be processed automatically once your Tier Point collection year ends and you will receive an email from the Executive Club team to confirm this.

In the meantime, you will not see any changes to your account until the start of your new Tier Point collection year.

My Tier Point collection year ends in July 2020 or thereafter. Does the Tier Flexibility policy apply to me?The Tier Flexibility policy only applies to Members due for renewal in April, May and June 2020. We understand that the situation is constantly changing, which is why we are continuously reviewing our policies and will be in touch with any changes that are applicable to your membership in the future. There is no need to contact us.

Where can I see my Tier Point collection year end date?This can be viewed on the My Executive Club page or the mobile app. This is shown underneath your current Tier Point total, or at the bottom of the ‘My account’ page on the mobile app.

Do I need to reach the eligible flights required for my Tier to benefit from the 30% Tier Point threshold reduction?The eligible flight requirements have been waived for Members who qualify for the 30% Tier Point threshold reduction in order to renew or upgrade.

I redeemed a Companion Voucher, or Travel Together Ticket, earned via a British Airways credit card on a booking that was changed or cancelled. Does the six-month extension apply to me?If you’ve applied a voucher, or ticket to a booking for travel from 1 March 2020, should your flight(s) get cancelled or you defer your travel to a later date, we will apply a 6-month extension to your voucher. This will happen automatically and there is no need to contact us.

I redeemed a Gold Upgrade Voucher on a booking that was changed or cancelled. Does the six-month extension apply to me?If you’ve applied a voucher to a booking for travel from 1 March 2020, should your flight(s) get cancelled or you defer your travel to a later date, we will apply a six-month extension to your voucher. This will happen automatically and there is no need to contact us.

Is my voucher included in the six-month extension policy?This policy covers all vouchers earned using a British Airways credit card. This includes American Express Companion Vouchers, Chase Travel Together Tickets, RBC Companion Award Vouchers, Asba Companion Vouchers, RSB American Express Companion Vouchers and RSB World Mastercard Companion Vouchers.

This policy also includes Gold Upgrade Vouchers.

I am close to earning a Companion Voucher, or Travel Together Ticket, with a British Airways credit card. Does the 6-month extension apply to me?We want to maximise the opportunity for Members to use their well earned vouchers. If your Companion Voucher, or Travel Together Ticket, earned via a British Airways credit card is issued during March, April, May or June, we will be automatically applying a 6-month extension. This may take some time to reflect in your account, however there is no need to contact us.

This does not currently apply to Gold Upgrade Vouchers.
Print Wikipost

COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:10 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
This is crap IMO.
I have a feb renewal. As I travel for business and not lesuire I book fairly last minute (so I know exactly where and when I am needed). As per this I won't be eligible for he haw. Also if they take into account cancelled flights then I only see this benefiting frequent lesuire travelers that book well in advance.
Just give everyone a mulligan for the year.
This is just interim!! There will be another announcement for those whose years finish after those dates so just be patient!! Mine expires in feb also and I have no issues with this at present.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by simonsmith
We are currently at 960tp with expirations 8th June
had 1280 TPS if flights cancelled . 30% will not quite keep us gold and there are very few places to fly to!
You are only 90TP short and alongside other UK based members, you always have the chance to do a domestic TP run within the next couple of weeks.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
This is just interim!! There will be another announcement for those whose years finish after those dates so just be patient!! Mine expires in feb also and I have no issues with this at present.
how do you know?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
If one has 1750tps with expiry in April, do they get a GUF?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by SinoBritAsia
Details above
A really feeble response, IMO. How on earth do lowered thresholds help when you can hardly fly anywhere anyway?
bermudasun likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
Just got an unsolicited call from BA to make sure I had received the email and to confirm that my conc room card would renew on 8 April even though I am on 4575 points (with about 600 cancelled this month)
Well done BA
flashware likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You are only 90TP short and alongside other UK based members, you always have the chance to do a domestic TP run within the next couple of weeks.
Seriously?
Who in their right mind would place themselves at risk form the sake of maintaining status?

Madness.
flashware, 13901, AJA_ and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by teme
How about the required 4 BA flights. I have tier points for gold renewal, but only 2 BA flights. My upcoming BA flights got cancelled. I received the email - does that mean that my gold status will be renewed?
I have the same concern. I hope BA will be lenient with the 4 flight requirement, especially when you have bookings that are cancelled. Perhaps call them when renewal date approaches?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I’m a July 8th baby. Under even these percentages, I’ll retain GGL, but only if BA is renewing GGL at the same percentage discount. It’s a shame they haven’t published whether GGL will be renewed at these lower levels..
Note CWS's post earlier...

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I have a similar message to carrotjuice, but with this added:

To protect your Gold Guest List membership for another year, we’ll be lowering Tier Point thresholds by 30% for all Members due for renewal in April, May and June. This means you can now enjoy another year of Gold Guest List (with a Concorde Room Card).

However I'm Lifetime, and I am also already over 5K with a June renewal.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: BAEC
This decision seems to benefit those who did most of their travelling at the beginning of their collection year.

My year ends in April but I’ve had to cancel my bookings during the whole of March and April. There is now no way I can do any extra flights before my expiration date due to the situation. So it seems unless I had 210 points for Bronze (I’m Blue atm) before this all started then I’m stuffed.
T8191 and OddJobMan like this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Any creative ideas to accumulate 400TPs between now and the 8th May? Asking for a friend
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
Originally Posted by BAeuro
This decision seems to benefit those who did most of their travelling at the beginning of their collection year.

My year ends in April but I’ve had to cancel my bookings during the whole of March and April. There is now no way I can do any extra flights before my expiration date due to the situation. So it seems unless I had 210 points for Bronze (I’m Blue atm) before this all started then I’m stuffed.
My wife's ended in March and had end of April to renew silver, we've had 730 worth of TP's cancelled for flights next month. I'm on 45 TP's at the moment so won't renew either.
BAeuro likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:43 am

August 8th expiry with all my travel booked between April and June, which has almost all now been cancelled. Any kind of percentage based reduction is unlikely to get me there as I've just had leisure travel through this period so far so without an extension I'll almost certainly lose mine assuming travel doesn't begin to pick up again until Q3.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Honors Diamond,Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by dw70
I have the same concern. I hope BA will be lenient with the 4 flight requirement, especially when you have bookings that are cancelled. Perhaps call them when renewal date approaches?
Ditto. 1060 TPs so should make Gold, but all flights were on Qatar and Qantas as we were living in Oz and NZ last year. Cancelled flights this and next month would have met the x4 BA paid flights requirement, so won't be overly impressed if BA's stance is to force me to make x2 totally unnecessary returns flights in order to meet the x4 paid flight rule.

Last edited by thegamebird; Mar 26, 2020 at 12:09 pm
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
TP Year end 8 July. GGL currently. Just received email extending travel companion and GUFs for 6 months.
Grateful for that. Thanks BA
T8191 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.