Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Straddling collection anniversary?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2020, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Question Straddling collection anniversary?

My collection year ends February 8, and I need at least 20 TP to post towards my next year. I found a pretty sweet deal for a TP run at £0.98/TP, only to realise after booking that it's on February 8, and therefore as I understand it useless for my upcoming year that I need it for.

If I change / rebook so that my outbound is Feb 8 and inbound is Feb 9, is my understanding correct that the outbound would post to my current year, and the inbound for my upcoming year - even though they're the same booking ref?
Old Feb 2, 2020, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
booking refs make no difference what matters is the date of the flight.

All explained in the Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition
groenroos and orbitmic like this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 7:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
booking refs make no difference what matters is the date of the flight.

All explained in the Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2020 edition
Flight on the 8th will be current year. Flight on the 9th next year. You can potentially use the 2 week extension to have the flight on the 9th count forthis years total.no way to make the flight on the 8th count for next years.
groenroos likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Flight on the 8th will be current year. Flight on the 9th next year. You can potentially use the 2 week extension to have the flight on the 9th count forthis years total.no way to make the flight on the 8th count for next years.
Yeah, I've gathered as much from the forum - but any TP in this current year for me will just go to waste. I need 'em for the upcoming year, and it just happens that this weekend is an opportune time for me schedule-wise.

Is the date of the flight counted based on the departure or the landing? i.e. if the flight leaves on Feb 8 but lands on Feb 9, which year will it count towards?
Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by groenroos
Yeah, I've gathered as much from the forum - but any TP in this current year for me will just go to waste. I need 'em for the upcoming year, and it just happens that this weekend is an opportune time for me schedule-wise.

Is the date of the flight counted based on the departure or the landing? i.e. if the flight leaves on Feb 8 but lands on Feb 9, which year will it count towards?
Departure date and time. In your example, February 8.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by groenroos

It would post as 08FEB being the date of flight departure at local time zone. The points would post in the normal way 48-72hrs after you've taken the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.