Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Please do not quote photos in this thread.
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | First

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2022, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tredders
Flying LHR to BOS next week in F so should experience the new menu first hand. Spoke to a lovely lady at You First yesterday, as I was curious to see the new menu. Apparently it’s not available to send out yet, and they didn’t have a copy. I’ll grab a menu on Wednesday if anyone’s interested.
It will most likely be the same cws posted but please do confirm and also you'll see the return one which we have not so thanks indeed for posting and telling us what you think of it!
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 1:55 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by orbitmic
It will most likely be the same cws posted but please do confirm and also you'll see the return one which we have not so thanks indeed for posting and telling us what you think of it!
Apologies, I didn’t see the one CWS posted. If it’s any different, I’ll post a pic 👍
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 9:30 am

Not sure if these have been posted already but just received them from You First. LHR BOS 213 and BOS LHR 238 for Aug. Had to take screenshots as the files sent are too large to upload here. I haven't included the snack page from the 238 as it's similar. Personally I'm very happy with the menu and I've decided to cancel my gluten free and choose from this.

Old Jul 30, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Good to see the soup in the menu, that if you like soup of course.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:38 am

Programs: BA Blue, Qatar Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Gold
BA107 LHR-DXB 05/08/2022

Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
The Lindt truffles persist I see, no sign of a return to Lauden Chocolates.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: BA GGL; Virgin Gold; HHonors Lifetime Diamond

LHR-DXB 7/8/2022 (but overnight rather then daytime flight, hence breakfast rather than burger!)
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:01 am

ORD > LHR 2nd August 2022 ba1543

Canapés

Beef

Prawns

Chicken

Lamb

Pasta

Soup and Salad

Side of veg

Chocolate Mousse

Cheese

breakfast waffles
Jimmie76, Skyline, our_kid and 5 others like this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
A review of the updated first menu appeared on ‘turning left for less’ today…

https://www.turningleftforless.com/n...ton-100-bonus/
S_W_S likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
A review of the updated first menu appeared on ‘turning left for less’ today…

https://www.turningleftforless.com/n...ton-100-bonus/
As he says, big improvement from where it’s been but still no where near a true first product. Remains a club world plus offer.

just flew QR first and catering was on very different level with caviar available.

”Brandygate” was a new one on me. I haven’t seen Otard in lounges for a long time. Now I know why
Old Aug 5, 2022, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by binman
just flew QR first and catering was on very different level with caviar available.
Ah, the caviar question has always been quite divisive on this forum. Shortly before Covid, BA had started introducing token presence of caviar in F (either in the canapes or in one of the starters) so as someone who loves caviar I hope it returns. Others like Tobias UK are not keen.

On the broader question I'd be really interested in knowing what you had on QR as I actually found the QR F food rather underwhelming (effectively very similar to their J food with the addition of caviar and one additional dish) so I'm interested to know if they have finally changed things to make it special. My personal favourites for F food and drink are JL and AF (in very different ways) and I quite like LX too (though a lot less). Both AF and JL offer caviar but it's mostly "the rest" I find very impressive (ie a number of other airlines also offer caviar but do not impress me as much with the rest of their menus).

In any case, it looks like BA F is now essentially back to pre-pandemic which is already a good start as far as I am concerned after what looked rather underwhelming in recent months. (bar the chocolate!)
Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by binman
As he says, big improvement from where it’s been but still no where near a true first product. Remains a club world plus offer.
He clearly hasn't compared the above with the current Club World then. Club World is more like Club Europe or 'slightly better than WTP' right now.

If you travel to, say, LAX, on CW, I'd be very disappointed with the single tray meal. It's really not much better than you get on CE on a 2 hour flight to Ibiza!

First meals above look a tonne better than the current CW!
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by chriswiles
He clearly hasn't compared the above with the current Club World then. Club World is more like Club Europe or 'slightly better than WTP' right now.

If you travel to, say, LAX, on CW, I'd be very disappointed with the single tray meal. It's really not much better than you get on CE on a 2 hour flight to Ibiza!

First meals above look a tonne better than the current CW!
BA announced a few days ago they launched a few new menu items, with additional updates coming to Club World cabins later this year.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 3:53 am

Anybody know if the scrambled eggs for breakfast are still cooked "fresh" onboard? Pre-covid they were cooked on board rather than just reheated.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by flybymonkey
BA announced a few days ago they launched a few new menu items, with additional updates coming to Club World cabins later this year.
Yes, but that isn't now is it and there's nothing definitive coming in CW yet. We're talking here and now, now 'what might happen'.

That's like saying Liverpool is planning to buy a world class striker, in November, whilst sitting at the bottom of the Premiership in August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.