Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
So much blank space on these menus, look awful
Need to have room for when the give us 3-4 choices for each course, for both meals......
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by JAXBA

Light meal Cornish pasty. Edible. Contained a mystery meat that wasn't specified on the menu. Lettuce should have been composted, not served.
Passion fruit and raspberry cake was eye-rolling delicious.

Imagine if you are not from the U.K and you read the menu ' Traditional award winning' and you get this... No wonder people keep making fun of 'traditional english food'....

Last edited by ermis177; Aug 31, 2022 at 1:13 am
Old Aug 30, 2022, 12:37 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ermis177
Imagine if you are not from the U.K and you read the menu ' Tradiotonal award winning' and you get this... No wonder people keep making fun of 'traditional english food'....
what is there to make fun of for a well made Cornish pasty? If you feel to make fun of them perhaps the problem isn't the food itself.
TTmex likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by JAXBA

Hummus starter a little odd. Mrs. JAXBA didn't care for it…
I agree, houmous and cheese do not make natural bedfellows!
Old Aug 30, 2022, 8:35 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
what is there to make fun of for a well made Cornish pasty? If you feel to make fun of them perhaps the problem isn't the food itself.
It’s probably more on the overall thing that BA tend to put over fancy words such as “award winning” on their menu but then the reality of what is being served in front of you includes rotten lettuce and most likely frozen pasty made a over a month ago. Nothing award winning in the real world includes rotten lettuce.
mrow and ermis177 like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:51 pm

Hi, got an LAS to LHR flight coming up soon. Could someone who has flown that route recently please let me know what to expect. It's a late departure (2130), so is the main meal served shortly after departure, or closer to the destination as a daytime meal?

Considering having an early evening meal somewhere on the Strip before heading to the airport, and just skip the whole onboard service, so knowing what to expect will help me decide.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by nomadabroad
It’s probably more on the overall thing that BA tend to put over fancy words such as “award winning” on their menu.
to be fair there is nothing fancy about “award winning” as a wording. If anything you are a lot more likely to see it from businesses which target mass markets than the more restricted markets likely to like “fancy” which would typically expect details of what award and from whom.

As a descriptor, it’s mostly largely meaningless and can feel a little arrogant in its intention to impress.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
They should really have a citation for that "award"... what award, where, why, from who to whom?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I think people who manage to eat their so call food should be wining awards…..
choosethedrew, mrow, bafan and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
DEN-LHR

Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by britbronco22
DEN-LHR
Granola bar for breakfast didn't win any awards??
choosethedrew and nomadabroad like this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:56 am

Pretty woeful food, thankfully I ate at Panda Express before boarding 😁

The beef was dry and the bread roll was tough as old boots.
I was disappointed with the lack of cooked breakfast (and the second option wasn’t available), but the bacon sandwich was actually the best bit, plenty of chutney, unlike the inedible panino on the outbound flight.
Kids barely touched their meal.

I was also informed there was no single malt, and it hasn’t been available for months due to supply chain issues.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by danmushman
Granola bar for breakfast didn't win any awards??
It didn’t even appear on the tray! More supply chain issues I guess.

Originally Posted by Schwann
They should really have a citation for that "award"... what award, where, why, from who to whom?
which reminds me that BA are still proudly printing their wine cellar award from 2018. Pretty laughable really, what has that got to do with their current wine offering??

I was disappointed with the lack of cooked breakfast (and the second option wasn’t available), but the bacon sandwich was actually the best bit, plenty of chutney, unlike the inedible panino on the outbound flight.

I was also informed there was no single malt, and it hasn’t been available for months due to supply chain issues.
Is the last photo a kid's meal? Fried chicken and corn??

Last edited by Prospero; Aug 31, 2022 at 8:05 am Reason: Combine consecutive posts
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Executive Club

Good grief I was looking forward to single malt too..

Definitely will have a good breakfast before flying to MCO this Saturday. Have you said anything to cabin crew regarding the quality of food (I know it wont change anything) I certainly will log my feedback with the crew.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
DEN-LHR

Is that a special meal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.