Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2022, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by nomadabroad
...Just to point out that the typical workload of a BA cabin crew working J class is much much less than that of a typical QR crew when you compare the various intricate service elements involved with QR J. I may be slightly biased in this sense but I have mad respect for them as in my opinion, they are one of the hardest working J crew in the industry.
Great points, 'Nomadabroad'. I've focused on the one, above.

The best lounge service I have ever had is in QR's Al Safwa in Doha. The management of BA is firmly to blame for the inconsistencies with BA's CC. Some are as excellent as QR's, but too often, I encounter those that are not. I've never found QR's CC to be robotic. Overly familiar approaches (when coupled with poor standards) do not win me over.

I feel for the excellent BA CC having to apologise repeatedly for BA's failures. That must be demoralising.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Flying in Club to Cancun from Gatters next week. I’ll report back on the menu and ‘offerings’.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Severely allergic passengers are eligible for pre-boarding in order to make their seating area more comfortable for them. This will allow them time to wipe down the armrests and tray tables with wipes they have brought on-board.

Severely allergic passengers must speak with cabin crew on boarding the aircraft to inform them of their severe allergy.

If requested by the customer, cabin crew shall make an announcement so that other passengers are aware of the presence of a severely allergic passenger. Cabin crew shall explain their needs to people seated near to the allergic passenger.

As an alternative to the nut based snacks, nut free snacks from other cabins may be substituted and served. Meals containing tree nuts served to other passengers, are not considered a risk to the allergic passenger and these may continue to be served.

On notification of a severe tree nut or peanut allergy, Crew must suspend the serving of bags or pots of loose nuts in the cabin of travel according to the following guidance:
We had this on our flight from LHR-LAS in July. They must have made 10 announcements about no nuts. A bit into the flight I was waiting for the restroom and was standing by the Club Snack area as they were filling it. And the FA is just stacking it with bags of nuts. I politely said you may not want to put those out. She paused a second and was like OMG. Her colleague was like “I only announced it like 10 times”. We all chuckled a bit. But certainly not funny to have a possible medical emergency somewhere across the Atlantic.
DragonSoul likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 3:35 pm

Interesting conversation with the crew on my CE flight from IBZ on Thursday.

They were both saying there's only rumours of CW improvements coming, but nothing definitive yet, but they also thought the improvements (hot towels, starter choices etc) would be pushed back into November or even December as there's not enough crew for CW, unlike the smaller First and WTP cabins which are easier to manage.
Dicksbits likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 10:29 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Does anybody know if TLV is return catered? I’m flying back on the 164 this week and am wondering what to expect! I presume CE style rather than CW? Not that there’s much difference nowadays…
Old Aug 28, 2022, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by tom139
Does anybody know if TLV is return catered? I’m flying back on the 164 this week and am wondering what to expect! I presume CE style rather than CW? Not that there’s much difference nowadays…
unless something has changed TlV flights were locally catered and CW.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:37 am
Suspended

Second meal on BA 180 EWR-LHR (day flight) reached a new low. Choice of two cold sandwiches on ciabatta (literally the worst bread to store and then serve cold). My veggie version was one piece lettuce, two pieces courgette, and a tiny sliver of yellow pepper per half (BA did actually serve both sides of the sandwich) with not a single condiment - no mayo, butter, mustard. Nothing. Dry as dirt. Pair that with a three bit lettuce salad equal parts lettuce and vinegar glop that was inedible. Baked Lays and some cheesecake.

First single tray breakfast service was passable if forgettable. They did serve actual fruit which was a step up from other breakfast flights recently.

Club Kitchen well stocked.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Stopwatch430
Second meal on BA 180 EWR-LHR (day flight) reached a new low. Choice of two cold sandwiches on ciabatta (literally the worst bread to store and then serve cold). My veggie version was one piece lettuce, two pieces courgette, and a tiny sliver of yellow pepper per half (BA did actually serve both sides of the sandwich) with not a single condiment - no mayo, butter, mustard. Nothing. Dry as dirt. Pair that with a three bit lettuce salad equal parts lettuce and vinegar glop that was inedible. Baked Lays and some cheesecake.

First single tray breakfast service was passable if forgettable. They did serve actual fruit which was a step up from other breakfast flights recently.

Club Kitchen well stocked.
Oh dear…. It not looking good for us

Would you mind letting us know what was in the Club Kitchen?

Thanks
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Deaf78
Oh dear…. It not looking good for us

Would you mind letting us know what was in the Club Kitchen?

Thanks
Various flavor Tyrell's crisps, the yellow package sweet/salty popcorn, shortbread cookies, a ton of Lindt chocolate balls, normal sodas and water with classes and an ice bucket, and two reds and two whites where left for the taking (with a kind offer from one of the crew that I could ask for anything else I wanted). The J cabin was barely 50% full (though my kids eat for three when it comes to airplane snacks!) and there was lots left at the end of the flight which is a far cry from some recent trips where there was nothing halfway across the Atlantic.
Deaf78 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EWR not a good terminal to self cater from either.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Ba178/13aug jfklhr 0755 1945

I enjoyed the full breakfast; hadn't had any back bacon in about 4 years. The sausage looks dark but it wasn't burnt. It all tasted good.

For the light meal I had the Cuban panini, but forgot to take a picture. It tasted okay, but the bread:meat ratio favoured bread…
Sealink likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Ba2273/27aug lgwjfk 1500 1800

Hummus starter a little odd. Mrs. JAXBA didn't care for it.
Lamb shank: delicious. I forgot to add the mint sauce until too late. The 'roast' potatoes closer to boiled than roasted.

Chicken tikka masala. Mrs. JAXBA had this but found it far too spicy. She wanted the risotto, but they had run out, and she doesn't eat lamb.

Light meal Cornish pasty. Edible. Contained a mystery meat that wasn't specified on the menu. Lettuce should have been composted, not served.
Passion fruit and raspberry cake was eye-rolling delicious.

1Aturnleft and Sealink like this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Light meal Cornish pasty. Edible. Contained a mystery meat that wasn't specified on the menu. Lettuce should have been composted, not served.
Passion fruit and raspberry cake was eye-rolling delicious.

A Cornish Pasty has protected status so it must be beef. Obviously not a good second meal in CW but I like them
https://cornishpastyassociation.co.u...d%20succulence.
Sealink likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
“Traditional award winning Cornish pasty”

doesn’t look award winning from the pics….did anyone even review these menus!?

If only the intern in charge of catering could spend less of their time typing fancy words on the menu to pimp up those lousy cheap meals….and actually get back to their real job, if any
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
So much blank space on these menus, look awful

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.