Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please do not quote photos in this thread.

Sister thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2085652-long-haul-catering-changes-announcement-12-july.html
Print Wikipost

Long haul in-flight catering | Club World

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2022, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I’m guessing it is how and for how long they are heated.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by Speedbird676
All that is left to wonder... will my single floret of cauliflower be part of the first or second meal?

The anticipation is killing me!

Finally... isn't it beautiful!

I had the ubiquitous beef and it was actually pretty good. The Yorkshire pudding, served a la plastic wrap, was dreadful.
bafan, passy777 and T8191 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by polemi
Apologies from crew as glassware on board ran out three hours into the (12 hour) flight. Not quite the same in plastic!
Originally Posted by JessicaB
Completely agree. The lady next to me had paid a fortune for her ticket, booked last minute, and she wanted some chocolate during the flight. The cabin manager just said that there wasn't any, they had run out, and everyone was asking for chocolate. After complaining, they then went and found two tiny bars, evidently these were hidden somewhere. No snacks at all available to nibble mid-flight. It is atrocious.
Same experience on both counts for my BA243 LHR-MEX.

All drinks after the first meal service came in plastic and the "Club Kitchen" was more like Old Mother Hubbard's Cupboard.
NoY likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Will do PHX to LHR (and back a couple of weeks later) - anyone lately flown this route?
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by blitzen
Will do PHX to LHR (and back a couple of weeks later) - anyone lately flown this route?
We did LHR-PHX on 1 Mar, and had the same menu as KARFA exoperienced in post #696. Not very impressed.
Return sector not for a week or so.
blitzen likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbird676
Finally... isn't it beautiful!
Beautiful, but can't quite figure out - is this a mini cup of soup or a palate cleanser?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:05 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Silver
Does anyone have a photo of the current wine/drinks list for CW?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:21 pm

Does anyone have any examples of this month's fayre ex LHR in Club World? Ideally looking for south/east bound menu options (Dubai, Maldives, India, South Africa) to gage what might be presented on a Dinner/Breakfast route at the moment.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Does anyone have any examples of this month's fayre ex LHR in Club World? Ideally looking for south/east bound menu options (Dubai, Maldives, India, South Africa) to gage what might be presented on a Dinner/Breakfast route at the moment.
Dinner is still exactly as per post 696 above, no change, at least as of 5 March.

Breakfast is a full English (sausage, no bacon) or a pretty good very cheesy mushroom omelette.

Here’s both from a not great angle:

Last edited by Ldnn1; Mar 16, 2022 at 12:07 am
Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PHX-LHR, 15 Mar 22. possibly my worst BA meal ever.

Slow cooked short rib of beef, , Horseradish jus, whipped Yukon Gold potato, baby carrots, courgette.

The beef was so tough it largely defied my efforts to cut it using BA's cutlery. At it was 2230, I abandoned "Project Beef" completely at the stage shown there.

The "Cheese board" [aka bowl] of Murrray's High Plains Cheddar and Jasper Hill Bailey' Hazen Blue might have been edible if it were not for the "Lemon Chutney" [aka Lemon Curd] swilling around the bottom of the bowl which completely destroyed the taste experience.

Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by T8191
Slow cooked short rib of beef, , Horseradish jus, whipped Yukon Gold potato, baby carrots, courgette.

The "Cheese board" [aka bowl] of Murrray's High Plains Cheddar and Jasper Hill Bailey' Hazen Blue might have been edible if it were not for the "Lemon Chutney" [aka Lemon Curd] swilling around the bottom of the bowl which completely destroyed the taste experience.
Lemon curd? Blimey! Like something out of a Famous Five novel. (If Aunt Fanny paid a pittance to the caterers in the name of safety.)
ENTP and SxMan like this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Schwann
Lemon curd? Blimey! Like something out of a Famous Five novel. (If Aunt Fanny paid a pittance to the caterers in the name of safety.)
I’m only trying to compare BA’s description with the liquid at the bottom of the bowl. It certainly wasn’t ‘chutney’ as I know it.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 2:40 am
formerly Christopher Sutton

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
BA107, LHR-DXB, 24 Feb 1225d

My first long haul in nearly 2 years. The meal itself was reasonably tasty, but the sooner they get back to normal catering the better!

Sorry, not sure if my sentiments will be shared or not but here goes…I’m a meat eater and looks like I will be served this menu a week on Monday, but I’m really frustrated and angry that BA is not serving British chicken! Chickens get a really bad deal in terms of animal welfare especially those abroad in the Far East. Why are BA not serving the best of British ingredients across the whole menu or at the very least focusing on the meat ingredients?! Just shouts cost cutting and ‘we don’t really care’ to me!
Old Mar 20, 2022, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
BA 104 DXB-LHR 5th Mar

Hi,

The

Menu
1020 BA 104 menu ( lunch and afternoon tea)from DXB to LHR

Lunch -quite tasty

The afternoon tea-with a missing scone- asked about it when the tray was collected and the crew came back with another full tray!

The Johnnie Ginger cocktail served after takeoff

Menu

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 20, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by JessicaB
Completely agree. The lady next to me had paid a fortune for her ticket, booked last minute, and she wanted some chocolate during the flight. The cabin manager just said that there wasn't any, they had run out, and everyone was asking for chocolate. After complaining, they then went and found two tiny bars, evidently these were hidden somewhere. No snacks at all available to nibble mid-flight. It is atrocious.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Despite spending what we do on tickets I’m never going to let the disappointment of not being able to enjoy some decent snacks (or food for that matter) affect my flight. Even with Avois the cash component for a ticket in CW is close to £800 r/t and if paying for it all it’s several thousand ££’s so spending £20 for chocolate to bring on and even more for decent snacks is the easiest money spent… and really nothing in comparison to the ticket: we used to get food from plane food or Fortnum and Mason to eat on the plane. Again for £20-30. I get decent food and tons of snacks to eat. Is it wrong to have to do that for a £3000 ticket. ? Absolutely. Is it worth risking not having what I want on a multi hour flight ?? Absolutely not. Just my 2 cents

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.