Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How much of the BA flight network does the BAEC FlyerTalk community fly in 2020?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2020, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: wilsnunn
The Google sheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...vid=1896029868

Edited 03/02/2020 to include links with Filter View enabled

COPY of Post 1 (from wilsnunn) for if the thread gets too long:

How much of the BA flight network does the BAEC FlyerTalk community fly in 2020?
It was suggested in another thread (see here: Any Gaps in our collective knowledge?) that it would be a fun/interesting task to see how much of the whole BA network of flights we as a community here on FlyerTalk actually fly in a given year.

After a bit of discussion in the afore mentioned thread, we came up with the idea of a Google Sheets document to track flights taken by the community.

If people here are genuinely interested in persuing this task then I am sure that it would lead to some very interesting results.

Rules:
  • You must only edit the Google Sheet when not logged into your own Google account (personal/business etc) so as to remain anonymous to the community (and to me the owner of the Google sheet using a new account that is not being used for anything else)
  • You can only add your flight to the list once you have flown it (incase of IRROPS, change of plans etc)
  • You have to have flown on the flight using its BA flight number
    • This means that if you flew on BA113 but were ticketed as AA6134 for example this should not be included
    • This also means that if you have flown QR1 but it was actually ticketed as BA7001 this should be included
In addition to when the route is first flown in the year, this could give some insight into the most popular routes for the members of the community here, as such there is a counter built into the spreadsheet (a simple COUNTA() function) so even if you are not the first to fly that route and want to participate in this experiment, it would be great to see how popular certain routes are.

The Google sheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...vid=1896029868

Obviously this will not be of interest to everybody but for those who are interested, I hope that this proves to be a fun and interesting experiment.

Note: if you wish to participate but wish to add an extra level of anonymity on top of your FT username, then please feel free to assign yourself another pseudonym and participate that way.

If you have any questions then please let me know.

My post from the afore mentioned thread for reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I have made myself an anonymous account and have put together a basic version of the Google Sheet.

It is fully editable by users who are not signed in and my account shows as "wilsnunn Flyertalk" so keeps me in the same position as I am here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...vid=1896029868

I suggest people opening in an "In Private" window thus keeping their personal Google accounts out of it.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Added BA0833 DUB-LHR
Old Mar 23, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Beginning to think this may have been the wrong year to try this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Akoz
I was just wondering if we could input the rest of our 2020 trips in RED to show what it might have been?
TedToToe and SHT88T like this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci des Transports de Navette
Originally Posted by Akoz
I think we may have jinxed it.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by T8191
I was just wondering if we could input the rest of our 2020 trips in RED to show what it might have been?
This would be a nice idea, I think it might make only a few of us though.
florens likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
This would be a nice idea, I think it might make only a few of us though.
True, but stuff already in MMB (pending cancellation!) could at least pad your Stats.

Anyway, your train-set, as they say! 😁
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:15 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by T8191
True, but stuff already in MMB (pending cancellation!) could at least pad your Stats.

Anyway, your train-set, as they say! 😁
and give us something to do while stuck at home.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I can't help thinking its become a lot easier for the FT community to have flown what is now the BA network compared with a few weeks ago.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
UPDATE

Now that we have had mass cancellations and COVID-19 has become much more of an issue than many of us ever imagined, I assume that a vast majority of people will no longer be able to fly and thus we will not be adding anybody to the sheet that has thus far been so successful.

Following on from the suggestions of our one and only T8191 , if people would still like to continue with this - well we do need something to do whilst on lockdown at home! - then we should continue by adding in any flights which people were due to fly but did non/will not as a result of being cancelled for COVID-19.

For the time being if you would still like to participate, please add your flights (cancelled or to be cancelled) in the usual manner but in RED.

My personal congratulations to KARFA who single handedly completed 8% of all flights that we have tracked up to this point.

I can only hope that this whole situation dies down soon and my thoughts are with those whose lives are being affected in ways much more than those of us who are missing our holidays! Both my wife and my father are front-line doctors working in hospitals with confirmed cases of COVID-19 and I hear from them how everything is on their side.

Keep safe and best wishes to you all.
T8191, KARFA, TedToToe and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
For technophobes such as myself, how easy is it to change the font to red? I had 6+ LHR-ORD-LHRs lined up in the next four months; enough to get me a HEL TP Run away from Gold! But, never mind, maybe next year!

Needless to say, the plight of those falling ill, working for the NHS and those losing their jobs are of much greater importance!
Old Mar 23, 2020, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TedToToe
For technophobes such as myself, how easy is it to change the font to red? I had 6+ LHR-ORD-LHRs lined up in the next four months; enough to get me a HEL TP Run away from Gold! But, never mind, maybe next year!

Needless to say, the plight of those falling ill, working for the NHS and those losing their jobs are of much greater importance!
Very easy, simply enter your flight details as normal and then when you have the cell selected, do as you see my screenshot below:

TedToToe likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I have added cancelled plans including some that weren’t already included; BA0065 LHR-NBO and BA0214 BOS-LHR. Two of my connecting sectors to BHD were also new entries.

Sad to see both trips likely to go. NBO was an Amex 2-4-1, First in First (in B747 nose) and a safari in Tanzania both of which are bucket list items. I also have an outbound to IAD booked which is likely to cancel and that would have been my first time on the UD of B747, another one I’ve always wanted to try.

Anyway, so insignificant right now as I’ll be happy to make it through next few months with all of my family intact.
ens100 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 4:17 am

I can't seem to edit this from my iphone and my laptop isn't functioning. :/

could someone please add the following for me?
1.BA0457 MAD-LHR 1-February
2. BA0085 LHR-YVR 04-February
3. BA0288 PHX-LHR 24-February
4. BA0826 LHR-DUB 26-February
5. BA0907 FRA-LHR 10-March
6. BA0011 LHR-SIN 13-March

thanks a million.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dustybin2019
I can't seem to edit this from my iphone and my laptop isn't functioning. :/

could someone please add the following for me?
1.BA0457 MAD-LHR 1-February
2. BA0085 LHR-YVR 04-February
3. BA0288 PHX-LHR 24-February
4. BA0826 LHR-DUB 26-February
5. BA0907 FRA-LHR 10-March
6. BA0011 LHR-SIN 13-March

thanks a million.
All done for you
Old Jul 13, 2020, 4:52 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Sorry I'm catching up after the fact but I've added a couple, it meant a few new lines with my cancelled flights but otherwise I didn't overload the ones which already had flights (too much).

Weird year indeed... Thanks wilsnunn though. I've added the flight where we met
wilsnunn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.