FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Premium Fare Deals | master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2002076-premium-fare-deals-master-thread.html)

Prospero Jan 1, 2020 2:40 am

Premium Fare Deals | master thread

This thread is a continuation of the ever popular https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...9-edition.html thread.

So, once again, please post here all those fares that earn Tier Points in the BAEC programme. Please try and limit side discussions to a minimum, as this thread seems to be a valuable resource for people looking for a good deal and we want to keep them easy to find. As this thread's purpose is to highlight current deals, please add (if known) valid travel dates, advanced reservation/ticketing restrictions, and any stopover restrictions (if applicable). Also, and importantly, please do not use this thread to post fare requests. We have a dedicated clinic thread you can use for requests.

Also a gentle reminder that there is a BA sales thread and a very, very good Tier Point Runs thread where you can discuss those specific topics. The Tier Points Runs thread includes a very helpful set of planning and booking tips you may use to find good fare deals.

There is also a WT/WTP deals thread around, if you find a great deal in that category.

Quick reminder of the ideas:
  • Please do not post fare requests
  • If you add a fare, please also add a link to (or the name of) the site where you can book it to make it easier for others to book the fare. You can use Google flight search but it helps if you have checked the actual booking link.
  • Fares should not be part of a well published sale. For that use When is the next BA sale?
  • If a fare is a complex itinerary, optimising TPs and under GBP 2,50 per TP, please post it in the BA Tier Point Runs | 2019 master thread
  • Please focus on fares ex-UK or ex-EU
  • As this thread is meant for good deals that provide TPs on BAEC, please feel free to add exEU or exUK fares on BA, QR, IB, CX, AA or other OW partners to popular destinations.
  • Please post possible mistake fares and/or obscure routings in the MR forum under Premium Fare Deals and provide a link in a post in this thread.
  • If you found the fare elsewhere (on FT or a blog), please credit the original source in your post in the thread.
  • Thank you for your contribution(s) !

alex67500 Jan 7, 2020 7:03 am

I mentioned it last year, and finally booked it for this year, there's a SOF-LHR-JFK-LAX-SFO and return AA fare in F for TATL and TCON for 2.7k£ (just above 2.5 £/TP with the exchange rate). Both TATLs can be on BA with AA codeshares (I have 747s both ways).

Depending on the flights, bookwithmatrix actually works on aa.com (first time for me, but not with all combinations). The fare (INX9C8S4) has a 90-advance purchase and Saturday rule. It might be possible to tweak it a little more but I don't think so, I've tried adding a West Coast element or a HEL shuffle but to no avail. If I remember my previous post correctly, there was a slightly cheaper version from ARN or OSL.

flatlander Jan 7, 2020 7:56 am

SOF-DOH-SYD-WLG-SYD-DOH-SOF on QR/QR/QF/QF/QR/QR booking classes R/R/I/I/R/R, £2083 for 680TP, QR fare basis RJR2PCZE on ITA Matrix. It's a tad over £3/TP, in July. If you need to be in the far antipodes at that time, it's about the best deal I've found so far.

Edit: if only I could book it :-/ this maybe a ghost, sorry about that.

mikeyfly Jan 8, 2020 2:07 am

Some interesting fares on Finnair to Far East, as usual starting in ARN / OSL etc but can finish in LHR from £1,200.00 not as many TPs as QR but fairly decent timings

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...0*2.GBP.120860

Wozza2404 Jan 8, 2020 2:49 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 31922774)
Some interesting fares on Finnair to Far East, as usual starting in ARN / OSL etc but can finish in LHR from £1,200.00 not as many TPs as QR but fairly decent timings

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...0*2.GBP.120860

Interesting fares ending at LHR.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on CPH-HKG with QR for £1250. Considered this AY fare for a minute as I don't have the extra connection back to LHR coming home, but CPH is much cheaper than ARN with BA on my dates so the QR fare still just edges it for me.

mikeyfly Jan 8, 2020 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 31922847)
Interesting fares ending at LHR.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on CPH-HKG with QR for £1250. Considered this AY fare for a minute as I don't have the extra connection back to LHR coming home, but CPH is much cheaper than ARN with BA on my dates so the QR fare still just edges it for me.

Any discount codes working on QR right now ?

jsdickinson Jan 8, 2020 3:24 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 31922868)

Yep "24HOURS"

Wozza2404 Jan 8, 2020 3:26 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 31922868)

24HOURS was active yesterday - not sure if it's working today. MOBILE2020 is another one if you book on your phone.

However neither codes work for this HKG fare.

flashware Jan 8, 2020 3:34 am

Ex-UK fares only I believe for those codes.

kryten22uk Jan 8, 2020 8:07 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 31922774)
Some interesting fares on Finnair to Far East, as usual starting in ARN / OSL etc but can finish in LHR

Can start in LHR too, no need to locate to ARN/OSL at any point. c£1400.

mikeyfly Jan 8, 2020 9:14 am

Wow don't even look at LHR starts !

TGLoyalty Jan 8, 2020 10:35 am

Originally Posted by kryten22uk (Post 31923785)

which destinations? Can see HKG at £1560 and SIN at £1700

DYKWIA Jan 8, 2020 11:01 am

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty (Post 31924425)

I got some MAN-HKG for around £1450. However, they required an overnight in HEL.

Sprodo Jan 8, 2020 11:28 am

ARN-BKK about £1350-£1400 too. Flights seem good times for same day connects there and back. LHR available for only slightly more after a quick glance - all the way through 2020

Tafflyer Jan 8, 2020 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by kryten22uk (Post 31923785)

Or start and end in ARN for £1049 return. A BA Sale CE return to ARN combined with that fare also saves over the UK price.

kryten22uk Jan 8, 2020 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by TGLoyalty (Post 31924425)

Chinese ones probably cheapest. PVG, PEK, CAN etc. Just look on Finnair website at their destination list and type em in

lumit811 Jan 9, 2020 8:21 am

Been looking at LHR-SOF | SOF-DOH-SIN as a TP Run this year - have family in Singers so this would be ideal.

80 + 140 + 140 + 140 + 140 + 80 = 720 TP

And LHR-SOF c. £240 on BA (though they've changed their timings to make it a tad harder this year to connect) and SOF - SIN £1093 on QR, making it about £1.85 / TP which seems pretty good to me.

Thoughts from the room? :)

PUCCI GALORE Jan 9, 2020 9:21 am

Originally Posted by lumit811 (Post 31928341)
Been looking at LHR-SOF | SOF-DOH-SIN as a TP Run this year - have family in Singers so this would be ideal.

And LHR-SOF c. £240 on BA (though they've changed their timings to make it a tad harder this year to connect) and SOF - SIN £1093 on QR, making it about £1.85 / TP which seems pretty good to me.

Singers? As in sewing machine - or is this is Singapore as to some Gatters refers to Gatwick. No one I flew, or flew with from Gatwick ever used such a dreadful form of address.

I digress. That looks a remarkable fare. Sofia is such a strange city - I did not dislike it however.

psychopompos Jan 9, 2020 9:49 am

Yes, I've been eyeing that as well. I have family in Sofers, so would probably spend a few days there in either direction. Without veering too much into family travel territory, how is Singapore for a week-long break with a 2-year old? I'm trying to balance my desire for renewing Silver (and earning the avios needed for a long-haul parents-only 241) with the desire to not fly just for the sake of flying.

Schwann Jan 9, 2020 10:42 am

Have you seen if costs/connections are easier from Oslo? The fare is about £100 more.

The _Banking_Scot Jan 9, 2020 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by psychopompos (Post 31928691)
Yes, I've been eyeing that as well. I have family in Sofers, so would probably spend a few days there in either direction. Without veering too much into family travel territory, how is Singapore for a week-long break with a 2-year old? I'm trying to balance my desire for renewing Silver (and earning the avios needed for a long-haul parents-only 241) with the desire to not fly just for the sake of flying.

Hi,

When are you planning on going ( just now is the rainy season) and it is hot and humid all year round but it is a beautiful place to visit for a week ( I spent a week in july there)( Gardens by the Bay, Orchid Garden, Universal studios, sentosa island ) with good hotels.

Regards

TBS

lumit811 Jan 9, 2020 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by psychopompos (Post 31928691)

It actually is a great place for young families. It’s like Asia 101, with a great deal of English spoken, children’s activities galore and many a fun but sweaty walk to explore. I’d usually say Singapore (Singers) is much more family friendly of a visit than Hong Kong (more exciting for singles or the childless couple). Just my 2 cents.

lumit811 Jan 9, 2020 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann (Post 31928960)
Have you seen if costs/connections are easier from Oslo? The fare is about £100 more.

It is usually better to connect thru Oslo, but you lose 80 TP because SOF is a 80 TP CE OW destination and OSL only earns 40 TP OW. So all in all less worth the mileage run. Only thing is that QR from OSL is a 787 flat bed vs SOF is likely a A320 recliner not flatbed.

Deal vs Comfort. That’s the question.

pinkcat Jan 9, 2020 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 31929329)
Hi,

When are you planning on going ( just now is the rainy season) and it is hot and humid all year round but it is a beautiful place to visit for a week ( I spent a week in july there)( Gardens by the Bay, Orchid Garden, Universal studios, sentosa island ) with good hotels.

Regards

TBS

Jurong bird park, top of marina bay sands, watching the shipping was interesting too . February only one days rain in a week

Lefly Jan 12, 2020 12:21 am

if anyone is interested, AY is offering BRU-HKG in J starting from 1240 per person.
Travel period is from 10th February to 30th November 2020, with blackout dates from 19th June to 24th August. Min stay Saturday night, max stay 1 month.
Ticket is no changeable, no refundable.
Book by 27th January 2020.

Markie Jan 12, 2020 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Lefly (Post 31939380)
if anyone is interested, AY is offering BRU-HKG in J starting from 1240 per person.
Travel period is from 10th February to 30th November 2020, with blackout dates from 19th June to 24th August. Min stay Saturday night, max stay 1 month.
Ticket is no changeable, no refundable.
Book by 27th January 2020.

Noticed you can leave Brussels at 1915 on a Friday and arrive at HKG at 1540 Saturday. There is a flight at 0045 Sunday and land back in Brussels at 1055 on Sunday. Doing it in a weekend!

Lefly Jan 12, 2020 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Markie (Post 31939504)
Noticed you can leave Brussels at 1915 on a Friday and arrive at HKG at 1540 Saturday. There is a flight at 0045 Sunday and land back in Brussels at 1055 on Sunday. Doing it in a weekend!

Indeed! For once, a cheap very reasonable fare with very convenient times available :D (...and almost too short layovers in HEL :p )

As for me, I booked it for a week stay, with a planned side trip to Vietnam/Taiwan/Japan or something like that on avios. :)

flashware Jan 12, 2020 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Lefly (Post 31939704)
Indeed! For once, a cheap very reasonable fare with very convenient times available :D (...and almost too short layovers in HEL :p )

As for me, I booked it for a week stay, with a planned side trip to Vietnam/Taiwan/Japan or something like that on avios. :)

Beware using Avios on CX ex-HKG can be a bit of a challenge!

wilsnunn Jan 12, 2020 5:25 am

I did approximately this last summer (came back via ARN as the timings coming back to SOF would have meant an overnight there from what I recall).

Had a great experience including the QSuites (my first time). Much more detail can be found in the trip report in my signature.

Chris9642 Jan 12, 2020 6:09 am

Originally Posted by flashware (Post 31939742)

I’ve just booked the BRU deal to HKG (great offer) - and easily found Avios availability with Cathay Dragon to Chiang Mai - they also had plenty of availability to Hanoi which was my other choice.

mmxbreaks Jan 12, 2020 6:10 am

There's an INV-LHR-JFK-LAX-PDX / PDX-PHX-SEA-LHR-INV in J for around £1350, including Club Suite on the return long haul leg. I was mulling over it for ages. The I class is available on the JFK-LAX leg, but you'll perhaps have to use a TA to permit it.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c8745f3020.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...44af96e1e4.jpg

Wozza2404 Jan 12, 2020 7:23 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 31928583)
Singers? As in sewing machine - or is this is Singapore as to some Gatters refers to Gatwick. No one I flew, or flew with from Gatwick ever used such a dreadful form of address.

I digress. That looks a remarkable fare. Sofia is such a strange city - I did not dislike it however.

Singers is a fairly commonly used nickname for Singapore. I'm not a fan either, but hey, at least it's not a portmanteau.

People who use portmanteaus can go fumselves.

Wozza2404 Jan 12, 2020 7:28 am

Originally Posted by pinkcat (Post 31930075)
Jurong bird park, top of marina bay sands, watching the shipping was interesting too . February only one days rain in a week

Excellent live music scene. Probably the best speakeasy in the world (28 Hong Kong St). Incredible food. Night safari. Pulau Ubin.

Love Singapore.

Lefly Jan 12, 2020 7:28 am

Originally Posted by flashware (Post 31939742)

I know. But for some reason at the moment there's good availability to/from BKK/KUL/HAN/DAD/SGN/TPE on the dates I'm interested in (early Nov).

The_Bouncer Jan 12, 2020 7:37 am

Been looking for deals to South Africa for next Autumn/Winter and seriously tempted by a couple of the QR deals floating around from BCN & MXP. Hovering around the £1,400s.

DYKWIA Jan 12, 2020 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 31940154)
Singers is a fairly commonly used nickname for Singapore. I'm not a fan either, but hey, at least it's not a portmanteau.

This place is so educational... Another new word I've never heard before.

Pint of Staritois later?

Dad to Rei Jan 12, 2020 8:20 am

OMG I am so stealing this. That is awesome.

/Backontopic

pandaperth Jan 12, 2020 9:38 am

*portmanteaux

(OK, I know - I can go fumself :D)

IJG2 Jan 12, 2020 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks (Post 31939964)
There's an INV-LHR-JFK-LAX-PDX / PDX-PHX-SEA-LHR-INV in J for around £1350, including Club Suite on the return long haul leg. I was mulling over it for ages. The I class is available on the JFK-LAX leg, but you'll perhaps have to use a TA to permit it.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c8745f3020.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...44af96e1e4.jpg

very tempted to do this one, but the 7:47 layover in LAX is putting me off a bit.

LCSinTexas Jan 12, 2020 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by IJG2 (Post 31941119)
very tempted to do this one, but the 7:47 layover in LAX is putting me off a bit.

Go to the Petersen Auto Museum!

L