Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BNA to LHR CW review

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by BA6948
As a regular Y traveler with BA (flew only 3 times in Club) this is really worrying. Have a reward JNB LHR in J in May with my partner and I am starting to think I should have gone QR instead. All my AF J trips were all great on the other hand. Guess this is what you get when cost cutting is in your DNA.
I think it is important to take this into context. We do regularly see reports on FT of poor J service ok BA, maybe up to a couple times a week but usually less frequent Meanwhile, BA has a fleet of 280 aircraft flying multiple destinations and carrying thousands of Aj lax a day. The vast majority of pax will have a good experience in all honesty, those that dont have every right to be annoyed or upset and service failings shouldnt happen, this experience is then often represented by some on here (including those who by their own admission dont regularly fly J on BA) to be commonplace, I take that with more than a pinch to salt and I certainly wouldnt be worried about a booking I had in J that it will be bad- it is unlikely and the fear of a failure may actually lead to a worsening of your enjoyment of the flight and be a self-fulfilling scenario. .
Old Dec 28, 2019, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by allturnleft
From my sampling of CW recently it seems to have gone down a step

There was a brief improvement when they experimented with the new changes but now seems to have slipped back

I put it all down to the removal of the trollies

The random service , lack of top ups and infrequent visits by a cabin crew member has pushed the service into the realms of PE.
Good summary. Though I find PE service levels higher than CW, that is if youre intent on drinking. You can ask for several drinks when the trolley comes rather than spend one hour waiting for a half filled glass of warm coke that wont get topped up. On my last flight, my partner, who was travelling in PE, was done with his meal and on his 2nd mini wine bottle when I in CW didnt even yet have the post takeoff drink.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 11:45 am

As a regular Y traveler with BA (flew only 3 times in Club) this is really worrying. Have a reward JNB LHR in J in May with my partner and I am starting to think I should have gone QR instead. All my AF J trips were all great on the other hand. Guess this is what you get when cost cutting is in your DNA.
If you still have the choice, switch to QR. Youre virtually guaranteed excellent service and the best hard (and soft) product in the industry. With BA J, youre virtually guaranteed the opposite. Cant comment much on AF but I suppose it plays in an entirely different league similar to LH/OS/LX/KL.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
i suspect you will enjoy your cw experience.

the op here had seen they had been allocated a seat in 1st which they then lost before the flight. i am sure their disappointment is reflected in their feedback.

sometimes its better not to be informed!!
Old Dec 28, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by dubistokay
If you still have the choice, switch to QR. You’re virtually guaranteed excellent service and the best hard (and soft) product in the industry. ................
Well I don’t suppose there are any 100% guarantees with any airline (any more than with any hotel, restaurant, etc). But yes, many would agree that QR have been ‘setting the standard‘ for some years now, with so many customer-focussed innovations in J class : dine-on-demand, PJ’s & slippers, Q-suites, high-quality F&B offerings, and (for ex-LHR pax) one of the very best dedicated lounges (the best ?) throughout the Heathrow complex. These have all combined to produce an impressive product.
dubistokay likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by subject2load
Well I dont suppose there are any 100% guarantees with any airline (any more than with any hotel, restaurant, etc). But yes, many would agree that QR have been setting the standard for some years now, with so many customer-focussed innovations in J class : dine-on-demand, PJs & slippers, Q-suites, high-quality F&B offerings, and (for ex-LHR pax) one of the very best dedicated lounges (the best ?) throughout the Heathrow complex. These have all combined to produce an impressive product.
Can you imagine Ive gone from years of virtually 100% of my work travel being QR J to a mix of BA J and LH/OS/LX SH J. No wonder Im so bitter re BA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.