Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BNA to LHR CW review

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Stuckintheback
...I immediately noticed the floor was covered in crumbs of all sorts, and the lounge was actually pretty packed. It did not feel like an intimate experience at all...
I appreciate that the ground experience reflects the state of BA CW cabin cleaning standards and the current CW seats!
Old Dec 27, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by subject2load
Well perhaps youre right, where BA is concerned.

Dine-on-demand does work extremely well (certainly IME) when the CC charged with delivery are customer-focussed ; but if as disorganised as those described in this particular flight review, then it could indeed result in a service even worse than Stuckintheback actually received.

(cant make head nor tail of the second part of your sentence, sorry )
indeed it does work well on the M3, but for various factors, many of which outside the control of BA and some are within the control of BA but the business sense remains on keeping them
as they are so yes I dont think ti would work. I doubt it would really have solved this issue on this flight either, but hey.

It will of course be an attractive part of the product of the M3 for some, others such as myself still essentially eat at the same time as I would on a BA flight when flying on a DOD cattier; I wonder where the financial differential is- clearly at one stage BAs analysis was that they should be doing this.

And sorry about the second half of sentence- was just saying Im not surprised that having announced it- trialing in the sim demonstrated issues and they u-turned.

Last edited by navylad; Dec 27, 2019 at 12:02 pm
Old Dec 27, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Often1
Did the crew serving you refuse you the soup when you asked?

Sometimes these things happen, but I have never been refused when I ask for something that it catered and available.
Perhaps the OP mentioned not receiving breads with their meal and the FAs took away the soup followed by a year-long soup ban.....

Old Dec 27, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I'm sorry to hear of the OP's rather poor experience. I've always had my best CW experiences on the 787 which I've put down to it having a relatively small CW cabin. I also had a very enjoyable FLUB experience out to YYZ a few months ago. By contrast I've got a CW flight coming up on the A380 soon and have set my expectations low, based on previous experiences.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Hi there Stuckintheback - nicely-written & concise review, thanks ^

Sounds like you had a pleasant, albeit rather inefficient, crew. Forgetting to deliver not only your soup but dessert too does seem strange - especially with so few pax to look after on the day.

Originally Posted by dubistokay
Pleasant but inefficient is quite a way to sugarcoat it. Sounds like a typical CW service experience. The crew mustve been busy chatting as always and taken the light cabin load as a pass to go less than a bare minimum.
Well I take your point, although (in my defence !) I wasnt trying to sugarcoat what seems a level of service below what one could reasonably expect in a business class cabin. It was simply my attempt to summarise the OPs perspective in restrained, diplomatic language.

I myself dont use CW with sufficient regularity to say whether this could be legitimately described as a typical CW experience (although my personal hunch is that it is not). We sometimes hear from FT-ers who seem blessed to enjoy uniformly-perfect BA flights, with no cause for complaint, concern, or even mild disappointment ; but equally, I lose count of the number of reports highlighting the sheer inconsistency, with huge variation in service even between the outward & return sectors of a single trip / route. YMMV, I guess, as ever.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by enpremiere
Perhaps the OP mentioned not receiving breads with their meal and the FAs took away the soup followed by a year-long soup ban.....

At least they didnt receive the special one-off yellow tomato soup that I think aircrashsurvivor received one time!
Old Dec 28, 2019, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by navylad
I think done on demand would be a disaster in BA personally, not surprised theyd Id a you turn having tried in the sim.
Amen to that.

Tried dine on demand on Etihad (with customer-focussed crews). On EY it was a night flight and I just wanted a snack and then sleep. The dinner service went on for hours, it was a constant ding-ding-clang-clang, lights on, crews running up and down the aisles. I found myself dreaming of the BA DXB night service.

I don't have a problem with dine on demand, just wish there was a cabin "bells and whistles" and a "please leave me alone" cabin if you need to work or sleep. I know where I'd be!
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
From my sampling of CW recently it seems to have gone down a step

There was a brief improvement when they experimented with the new changes but now seems to have slipped back

I put it all down to the removal of the trollies

The random service , lack of top ups and infrequent visits by a cabin crew member has pushed the service into the realms of PE.
T8191 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by allturnleft

There was a brief improvement when they experimented with the new changes but now seems to have slipped back

The random service , lack of top ups and infrequent visits by a cabin crew member has pushed the service into the realms of PE.
I'm not as much of a premium flier as many on this board, but I too wish the trolley was back. Make it nicer than it was, make it prettier, make it whatever... but bring it back. I was conversing with a colleague who was saying exactly that: he's based in Asia and used to trolleys, on BA he said it felt odd to be choosing from a list, then no time to have even the briefest of chats with the crew... Plus the other half was saying that the silver tray is just not good to take things to and from the galley with. In fact you see crews doing all sorts of bad things wit their backs with that thing.

Carolina, bring back the damn trolleys!
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We would all like the trolleys back with a much better food quality but it is never going to happen as the aisles are too narrow with the new seats.
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
We would all like the trolleys back with a much better food quality but it is never going to happen as the aisles are too narrow with the new seats.
@ CIHY - thats such a shame. Though perhaps no great surprise, and - from what you say - doomed even from the start ?

The comprehensive revamp all seemed so very glamorous when first introduced to the press in.a blaze of glory. Early reviews gave every indication that this was a new dawn in CW catering standards, ushering in a more stylish meal service, with shades of a restaurant-like ambience. And (IIRC) we were assured that the logistics & practicalities had been carefully researched & trialled ....... but I guess the short lifespan tells a different story.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can you believe that BA spent 50 million on a trolley based service that couldn’t be used with the new seat, it’s hard to believe of such incompetence unless you work for BA!
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Can you believe that BA spent 50 million on a trolley based service that couldnt be used with the new seat, its hard to believe of such incompetence unless you work for BA!
Hmm.

My initial reaction was to say ....... No, I cannot believe it. No (commercial) organisation would ever do such a thing.

However ...... on further reflection .......
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And of course we told them but “The Emperors New Clothes” is alive and well within BAs graduate employees, why would you want to listen to experience?
flygirl68 and bwaflyer like this.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by allturnleft

As a regular Y traveler with BA (flew only 3 times in Club) this is really worrying. Have a reward JNB LHR in J in May with my partner and I am starting to think I should have gone QR instead. All my AF J trips were all great on the other hand. Guess this is what you get when cost cutting is in your DNA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.