Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Enhancing stubble? [No shave gel in F amenity kit]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enhancing stubble? [No shave gel in F amenity kit]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
The old F shaving gel (Refinery) was absolutely fantastic (heads and tails above Elemis). Too bad that's gone, but as many have said, the current shaving gel is still a nice addition to the F kit since it works well for short trips where you go HBO and therefore can't take a full can of something. Same for the small tubes of toothpaste.
Me too, I loved the Refinery shave gel and I'm getting to the end of my stash of miniatures

I'm thinking of trying this on the assumption it's the same thing --> https://www.aromatherapyassociates.c...-foam-gel.html, not HBO friendly, but I really like the smell / texture
Old Dec 28, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
The old F shaving gel (Refinery) was absolutely fantastic (heads and tails above Elemis). Too bad that's gone ...
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Me too, I loved the Refinery shave gel and I'm getting to the end of my stash of miniatures ...
Couldn't agree more - I find the Refinery gel works very well for me. Don't forget though that the lack of travel supplies can be fixed by a stay at a Conrad hotel (available on request).
Old Dec 29, 2019, 3:13 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by GinFizz
Couldn't agree more - I find the Refinery gel works very well for me. Don't forget though that the lack of travel supplies can be fixed by a stay at a Conrad hotel (available on request).
heaven forbid that someone actually gets their money out to buy extra of something they want - or use (drum roll) the internet to buy it.
argonath likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 4:07 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DFB_london
heaven forbid that someone actually gets their money out to buy extra of something they want - or use (drum roll) the internet to buy it.
Where's the fun in that?
Old Dec 29, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
The old F shaving gel (Refinery) was absolutely fantastic (heads and tails above Elemis). Too bad that's gone, but as many have said, the current shaving gel is still a nice addition to the F kit since it works well for short trips where you go HBO and therefore can't take a full can of something. Same for the small tubes of toothpaste.

I found this Nivea Shaving Cream while on hols in Greece, at a third of the price it's being sold for here on
Amazon Amazon
. It's a 100ml so HBO safe, but being a aluminium tube, it folds down as you use it, saving space and allowing you to know how much you have left - unlike a can when there's some left and you don't know how many shaves left you have with it and end up taking two cans instead!

For short trip I squeeze some out into a
small travel bottle like these small travel bottle like these

When I used to fly to Australia for work, I also used to take a small cheap battery operated razor to use enroute. I don't recall the Molton Brown amenity kits having shaving gel or razors in them (they were fabulous kits with a couple of MB products in them. Ended up becoming a regular customer. So much nicer than Jo Malone. I'm ambivalent to the Elemis kits. Does the job, but doesn't excite me in any way to buy the product like MB does - particularly when it's on sale!)
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:25 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by 108912
I requested a shaving kit and it was only the razor the crew had on request, not the gel.
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I will have to check this.
That was my experience on my flights to and from HKG in F.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by johnaalex
That was my experience on my flights to and from HKG in F.
Shame, but thanks for clarifying as I've a flight coming up so will pack my own.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:18 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
As I am sure others are aware, many other carriers offer toothbrush & toothpaste kits, and shaver & surfactant [(c) CWS] kits in the washrooms separate to the amenity kit itself.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by DFB_london
Ah well, that’s the thing. I also love the Refinery gel and have indeed tried searching high and low on the internet to find it, and it’s not sold anywhere. I would be willing to pay quite a lot for it but Aromatherapy Associates appear to make it only for BA and Conrad. (The foaming version is not the same and really doesn’t work the same way.)

So there, it’s not always possible, even if we’re willing.
GinFizz and Lucanesque like this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 3:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Many of the BA amenity kit products are usually bespoke to the airline and hence hard to get hold off. I remember when they did an eye-gel as part of the Elemis kit previously used in Club World, I remember trying everywhere to find it but it wasn't until one day shopping in Harvey Nicholls did the Elemis therapist/sales assistant leak this info.

This may help some of you after the Refinery shave gel. It may not be the exact one but close enough. Also for you cheapskates currently half price!!

https://www.aromatherapyassociates.c...-foam-gel.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.