FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Enhancing stubble? [No shave gel in F amenity kit] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2001378-enhancing-stubble-no-shave-gel-f-amenity-kit.html)

DominicB Dec 26, 2019 7:16 pm

Enhancing stubble? [No shave gel in F amenity kit]

Since when has shave gel gone from male First amenity kits?

108912 Dec 26, 2019 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by DominicB (Post 31879152)
Since when has shave gel gone from male First amenity kits?

Since they made the addition of a face wash in the kit instead.

I agree - prefer the shave gel. It was a handy size for travelling.

Can I help you Dec 26, 2019 11:42 pm

They are available on request.

Mordac Dec 27, 2019 1:54 am

Alex wanting to popularize his look?

13901 Dec 27, 2019 2:03 am

Good to see BA embracing the Barabbas look. Join us, brothers!

sxc Dec 27, 2019 2:03 am

Does anyone shave on a plane?

onobond Dec 27, 2019 2:36 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 31879811)
Does anyone shave on a plane?

Some of us do, occasionally. A very long flight and a tight time frame upon arrival might be the predictors here. Otherwise, it's certainly more comfortable to perform when taking a shower at a convenient arrivals/connecting departures lounge.

Another aspect is, that even if you don't shave on the plane, sprays with shaving gel/foam are not allowed in carry-on bags. The small amenity kit shaving foam makes things easier for a couple of days at the destination.

TheFlyingCyclist Dec 27, 2019 3:17 am

I’m (genuinely) surprised they hand out razors on board? Or are you allowed to bring one in hand luggage?

corporate-wage-slave Dec 27, 2019 3:20 am

Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist (Post 31879890)
I’m (genuinely) surprised they hand out razors on board? Or are you allowed to bring one in hand luggage?

Yes, you can take disposable razors in hand luggage, not all of us HBO dedicated travellers are female or hairy hipsters. Individual blades are generally banned (but not at all airports). They were only banned (along with almost everything else) for a very brief period after 9/11. There are now plenty of gel and foam varieties available below 100ml, and any visit to Italy will produce an old fashioned shaving stick, which doesn't count as a liquid at all. But shaving midflight is a mug's game, as it were....

Misco60 Dec 27, 2019 3:23 am

Originally Posted by onobond (Post 31879843)
Another aspect is, that even if you don't shave on the plane, sprays with shaving gel/foam are not allowed in carry-on bags.

Is this true? I almost always have a small (75ml) shaving gel in my carry-on toiletries and it's never been an issue.

Lucanesque Dec 27, 2019 3:25 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 31879587)
They are available on request.

This is great to know - I travel HBO, even when sat up front, and don't bother packing toothpaste or shaving gel when travelling F as I know I'll get some. I've not travelled long haul since May this year, so hadn't realised they'd got rid - thanks!

navylad Dec 27, 2019 3:27 am

Originally Posted by onobond (Post 31879843)
Some of us do, occasionally. A very long flight and a tight time frame upon arrival might be the predictors here. Otherwise, it's certainly more comfortable to perform when taking a shower at a convenient arrivals/connecting departures lounge.

Another aspect is, that even if you don't shave on the plane, sprays with shaving gel/foam are not allowed in carry-on bags. The small amenity kit shaving foam makes things easier for a couple of days at the destination.

Personally I have yet to find an airline that provides material for a decent shave outside of a spa setting. Personally I travel with this in my hand luggage https://www.boots.com/king-of-shaves...paorganic=true, you only need a drop so it lasts for ages but takes up hardly any space. There are shaving gels that are less than 100ml too- Gillette and Boots No. 7 I’m aware noth do a range at 75ml that you could travel with.

snaxmuppet Dec 27, 2019 4:12 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 31879811)
... shave on a plane?

Sounds like the title of a film ;)

bafan Dec 27, 2019 5:44 am

You beat me to it. You obviously have the same (great) sense of humour... ;)

Rubecula Dec 27, 2019 6:07 am

I find the moisturiser in the First amenity kit a good substitute for shaving gel.