Wiki Posts
Search

Can't phone BA anymore!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Can't phone BA anymore!?!?!

What the actual hell. Just looked on my app to find tomorrows red eye GLA - LCY is delayed by over 2 hours! (How is that even possible that far in advance?? They have 10 hours to fix the delay.
Anyway, wanted some more information, potentially get on another plane to another airport (it is really really important I am in London for a 10am meeting). So called the executive club Silver "oh you are so valuble to us" line. only to find out it's closed?? It's not even 24 hour? Come ON british airways. what the hell. what is the point being a frequent flyer if they cant even man a cheap indian call centre.
Jesus wept. Rant over.
anniegray and Marijn77 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The well known way around that in this forum is to use Skype on your gizmo to call the USA number, to be routed (probably) to Newcastle upon Tyne. Or DM via Twitter.

If it's not a dumb question, what is the reason you want to call up the contact centre?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
So in under five seconds I got the gold number off Google, then in 43 seconds went though the options and a human answered. Tricky?

BTW I have the gold number saved, just seeing how easy it is for everyone else to do the same
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
So in under five seconds I got the gold number off Google, then in 43 seconds went though the options and a human answered. Tricky?

BTW I have the gold number saved, just seeing how easy it is for everyone else to do the same
Em, I'm not gold... so yeah it is tricky! I assume they will end the call when then as for my BAEC number.
anniegray likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Try transferring after a 11 hour flight and then seeing your connecting flight is delayed by 14 hours with no warning or help and they are closed.

I am sure your flight will be ok.

if you really want more info try the US line, I doubt they will know anyhow.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The well known way around that in this forum is to use Skype on your gizmo to call the USA number, to be routed (probably) to Newcastle upon Tyne. Or DM via Twitter.

If it's not a dumb question, what is the reason you want to call up the contact centre?
OK, so with all due respect, outside of this forum (which 99.999% of passengers are) that is certianly not "well known" and frankly to be told to DM them on twitter?? When I am an executive club member is frankly ridiculous. DM them on twitter? That must be a joke? Ryan air I can see it. not BA.

The reason I want to call them is to see if they can get me on another plane to Gatwich or heathrow!
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
there are doens of threads about the app and these advance delay notifications (which just cause confusion and worry) and in the vast majority of cases the delay disapears or becomes so marginal it's not relavant,

Why not wait until the morning and see what it says then?

(also it helps to give flight numbers rather than loose terms like 'red eye')
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
there are doens of threads about the app and these advance delay notifications (which just cause confusion and worry) and in the vast majority of cases the delay disapears or becomes so marginal it's not relavant,

Why not wait until the morning and see what it says then?

(also it helps to give flight numbers rather than loose terms like 'red eye')
Because if I just wait till morning and it is still delayed I've lost the valuble window of time I had to try and get on another plane, for example the 6am to gatwick.
The flight is BA8721
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
OK, so with all due respect, outside of this forum (which 99.999% of passengers are) that is certianly not "well known" and frankly to be told to DM them on twitter?? When I am an executive club member is frankly ridiculous. DM them on twitter? That must be a joke? Ryan air I can see it. not BA.

The reason I want to call them is to see if they can get me on another plane to Gatwich or heathrow!
I've given you some suggestions, though I accept they are not very original suggestions, nor it seems what you wanted to hear.

But my guess for the delay is either due to crew out of hours (seems unlikely, this evening's service are more or less on time); or perhaps more plausibly at this time of the year, I would guess fog is expected into LCY, in which case it may be better or worse than the current status, depending on how it goes.

There is a little bit of space on the LGW service, just a few seats spare, and a few more on the LHR service. Usually you need a confirmed delay of two hours or more before they will move you, but it may be that the Contact Centre has been given leeway in this area, so Skype may be best. On the other hand I would be tempted to see what they can do at the airport tomorrow, since it will be more evident how the weather has played out, assuming my theory is correct.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Stop ranting on Flyertalk and just call the American number to see what they can do for you?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:53 pm

Showing as a weather delay currently, assuming you’re on the BA8721. The following flight is also currently showing a sig delay. They’re probably expecting some level of disruption tomorrow but the situation will be relatively fluid.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I've given you some suggestions, though I accept they are not very original suggestions, nor it seems what you wanted to hear.

But my guess for the delay is either due to crew out of hours (seems unlikely, this evening's service are more or less on time); or perhaps more plausibly at this time of the year, I would guess fog is expected into LCY, in which case it may be better or worse than the current status, depending on how it goes.

There is a little bit of space on the LGW service, just a few seats spare, and a few more on the LHR service. Usually you need a confirmed delay of two hours or more before they will move you, but it may be that the Contact Centre has been given leeway in this area, so Skype may be best. On the other hand I would be tempted to see what they can do at the airport tomorrow, since it will be more evident how the weather has played out, assuming my theory is correct.
Ok, I dont have skype, or to be honest the inclination to do all that and work it out.
My only concern about sorting it at the airport is that with a GLA-LCY with status, my taxi drops me off typically right before boarding, im through and on the plane in about 10 mins. So I will need to rearrange my taxi to arrive early. Because I would imagine everyone will be at the same game clawing for those last few seats to gatwick and heathrow.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
how about waiting until after midnight and seeing if you can do an SDC?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
BA hasn't had 24/7 general reservations assistance phone access since 2007 or thereabouts. But since 2010 or so, you can call any service centre in the world that is open for assistance. Most people in your situation either just wait until morning or call the US number.
Crofton138 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Em, I'm not gold... so yeah it is tricky! I assume they will end the call when then as for my BAEC number.
Did you give it a call or spend your time ranting? You’ve got nothing to lose other than a minute whereby I think it’s likely the agent will assist

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.