FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't phone BA anymore!?!?!
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:50 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
OK, so with all due respect, outside of this forum (which 99.999% of passengers are) that is certianly not "well known" and frankly to be told to DM them on twitter?? When I am an executive club member is frankly ridiculous. DM them on twitter? That must be a joke? Ryan air I can see it. not BA.

The reason I want to call them is to see if they can get me on another plane to Gatwich or heathrow!
I've given you some suggestions, though I accept they are not very original suggestions, nor it seems what you wanted to hear.

But my guess for the delay is either due to crew out of hours (seems unlikely, this evening's service are more or less on time); or perhaps more plausibly at this time of the year, I would guess fog is expected into LCY, in which case it may be better or worse than the current status, depending on how it goes.

There is a little bit of space on the LGW service, just a few seats spare, and a few more on the LHR service. Usually you need a confirmed delay of two hours or more before they will move you, but it may be that the Contact Centre has been given leeway in this area, so Skype may be best. On the other hand I would be tempted to see what they can do at the airport tomorrow, since it will be more evident how the weather has played out, assuming my theory is correct.