FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't phone BA anymore!?!?!
View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:54 pm
cupsandsaucers

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I've given you some suggestions, though I accept they are not very original suggestions, nor it seems what you wanted to hear.

But my guess for the delay is either due to crew out of hours (seems unlikely, this evening's service are more or less on time); or perhaps more plausibly at this time of the year, I would guess fog is expected into LCY, in which case it may be better or worse than the current status, depending on how it goes.

There is a little bit of space on the LGW service, just a few seats spare, and a few more on the LHR service. Usually you need a confirmed delay of two hours or more before they will move you, but it may be that the Contact Centre has been given leeway in this area, so Skype may be best. On the other hand I would be tempted to see what they can do at the airport tomorrow, since it will be more evident how the weather has played out, assuming my theory is correct.
Ok, I dont have skype, or to be honest the inclination to do all that and work it out.
My only concern about sorting it at the airport is that with a GLA-LCY with status, my taxi drops me off typically right before boarding, im through and on the plane in about 10 mins. So I will need to rearrange my taxi to arrive early. Because I would imagine everyone will be at the same game clawing for those last few seats to gatwick and heathrow.