Search

Lounge stopover advice in USA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Lounge stopover advice in USA

Dear all,

I would appreciate some advice on an upcoming trip to the USA in relation to lounge access please.

Im doing London (BA F) > Chicago (AA F/J) > West Palm Beach and then West Palm Beach (AA F/J) > Dallas (BA F) > London, with a four hour stopover one each side.

- I did look at the lounge database and it mentions AA Flagship first dining is only for AA First - is that correct ? Then the presumption is that BA First is treated like BA Club?
- No advantage to be a BA Gold either ?
- Do AA have the similar rule where you can access the first lounge even when arriving to the airport on a F flight, like the CCR ?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Yes, AA Flagship First Dining is only for AA marketed and operated flights. However, you would be able to use the AA Flagship Lounge in both ORD and DFW. Having been to both in the last few months I can say they are very good.

When you land in ORD upon arrival from LHR you will need to clear immigration and customs first, then change terminals and clear TSA before accessing the lounge ahead of your onward flight to West Palm Beach.

As you're Gold / OWE you would have access via status irrespective of class of travel (although as you are travelling F on the long haul sectors you would also have access based on class of service).
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
There are threads on the AA board (where this post might get moved to) on acess to AA flagship lounges and flagship dining

The AA website also descrives their lounge access conditions clearly
orbitmic likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, 2MM, Bonvoy PLT, NYT Monday crossword puzzle solver extraordinaire
As Geordie405 stated above, you will have access to the Flagship Lounge, just not FFD. FL is still pretty nice, I went through the DFW one a couple weeks ago. Buffet style dining, self service bar, and much more quiet subdued atmosphere than an AAdmirals Club or Galleries Club Lounge,
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Why not just take a look at the clear and concise description and access rules on the AA website:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, 2MM, Bonvoy PLT, NYT Monday crossword puzzle solver extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Often1
Why not just take a look at the clear and concise description and access rules on the AA website:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp
Why not just also shut down FT and keep anyone from having personal interaction, too? Search can be very frustrating and non productive at times. This seemed like a fairly basic question to me, but I've been in situations where I was like the OP.

I hope we can keep this a community of help, and not just "do a search!"
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold
As OWE/Gold you should have access to the AA Flagship lounge - and as noted above, the whole experience is very positive - and the buffet is very good.

(I was surprised at being access it flying AA economy internally - and also guesting another person in...)
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by NotDuncan
Why not just also shut down FT and keep anyone from having personal interaction, too? Search can be very frustrating and non productive at times. This seemed like a fairly basic question to me, but I've been in situations where I was like the OP.

I hope we can keep this a community of help, and not just "do a search!"

FT search function can be (no is) frustrating but not google and 'access to aa flagship lounges' comes up with the relavant page on the AA website in the top 2 or 3 results and the thread on the FT AA board not far behind.

People are willing to help but surely it's reasonable to expect people to use google etc first?
Mwenenzi, Often1 and babats like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
FT search function can be (no is) frustrating but not google and 'access to aa flagship lounges' comes up with the relavant page on the AA website in the top 2 or 3 results and the thread on the FT AA board not far behind.

People are willing to help but surely it's reasonable to expect people to use google etc first?
Agreed, yes. Just making the point that no matter how seasoned travelers we might be, dealing with a new airline is frustrating. I've recently done some flights with BA, as a normal AA flyer.

I searched, and once in a while I asked some questions, when the search answers seemed implausible. I'm glad to have the combined knowledge of this board, thanks to all.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:10 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
At least one blogger has said that BA gives its own F passengers AA Flagship First Dining at DFW. It's not on AA's website though.
SuperstarDJ likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by VFR
At least one blogger has said that BA gives its own F passengers AA Flagship First Dining at DFW. It's not on AA's website though.
Even though the AA website says what it says, AA has granted me access to Flagship First dining on BA F flights in both directions (i.e. connecting coming off a BA F flight and going onto a BA F flight; both times in MIA). Flagship First dining is really nice. Bottom line is it doesn't hurt to ask nicely with no expectations. There is no Flagship First dining at ORD b/c AA doesn't have Flagship First flights from Chicago. But DFW is possible.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:40 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
Even though the AA website says what it says, AA has granted me access to Flagship First dining on BA F flights in both directions (i.e. connecting coming off a BA F flight and going onto a BA F flight; both times in MIA). Flagship First dining is really nice. Bottom line is it doesn't hurt to ask nicely with no expectations. There is no Flagship First dining at ORD b/c AA doesn't have Flagship First flights from Chicago. But DFW is possible.
Stated here and even on some of those money making blogs, FFD should "is" available for BA F passengers. I haven't found anything written like how CX does, but it has been reported.

Miami Lounge confusion

DFW lounge status
Old Nov 15, 2019, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Dear all,

Thank you very much for all the replies! Some very useful information from everyone!

Looking forward to trying out your tips!
Old Nov 15, 2019, 5:51 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by Geordie405
Yes, AA Flagship First Dining is only for AA marketed and operated flights.
Incorrect. For instance, CX F pax departing JFK can use FFD. I *think* BA F pax departing DFW can also use FFD, as has been reported once or twice. Neither of these are mentioned on the AA site, so everyone telling the OP to look there are doing him/her a disservice.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Indeed - I would have never found out about the F passenger possibility just looking in the usual places! And I did check the AA website before posting! Thank you again! This forum is the best!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.