Miami Lounge confusion

Old Dec 17, 17, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, FC
Miami Lounge confusion

Wondered if anyone could advise me on what to do regarding the Miami Lounge situation... I'm due to fly CW tonight from MIA-LHR, it's gate E24.

The BA site seems to suggest quite a few options and not sure which would be the best.

Any tips from recent travellers?
Old Dec 17, 17, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
I used the new AA Flagship lounge a few weeks back, it was very pleasant. I think you need to be Gold to use it (An expert will be along shortly to confirm or deny)
Old Dec 17, 17, 2:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You want the Premium Lounge, which is via a set of lifts just after TSA security in E. There are indeed other options, but realistically this lounge makes sense for BA's departures. More information on this in the North America lounge guide in the Dashboard.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 17, 17, 2:35 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
You want the Premium Lounge, which is via a set of lifts just after TSA security in E. There are indeed other options, but realistically this lounge makes sense for BA's departures. More information on this in the North America lounge guide in the Dashboard.
Just to add to that... E24 is in the satellite area and you have to take a short train from the main E area. You can get to the train from the level between the main E area and the Premium lounge.

If you have time I would recommend the D30 AAdmirals club and the Flagship component of that if you are eligible. If you don't have time go for the Premium lounge in the main E area.
Old Dec 17, 17, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
not the easiest lift to find. There tends to be a chap standing at the bottom of the escalators these days. Ask him for directions. Bear in mind you have to give yourself 10 mins to take the train thingy over to the gates.

do they actually use the bar in there anymore CWS? Or is it permanently padlocked?
Old Dec 17, 17, 2:46 pm

I wouldn't waste my time with the MIA Premium Lounge. If you fancy a substantial meal, use the TGI Fridays at D West before heading on to the plane in order to sleep all the way to London.
Old Dec 17, 17, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
The Premium lounge is shared by AA, BA and IB in Concourse E, from where BA flights depart.

You can use the new AA Flagship lounge in Concourse D; this is a much better lounge but a bit of a distance from Concourse E.
orbitmic and dylanks like this.
Old Dec 17, 17, 2:55 pm

Out if curiosity, and off topic, I notice Aer Lingus now operate from the same location. Are they also using that lounge?
Old Dec 17, 17, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all, very helpful!
Old Dec 17, 17, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
AA FLAGSHIP lounge is my choice - absolutely awesome and great to see AA finally taking lounges seriously !
rracks55 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 17, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
The premium lounge is most frustrating. Access is by only one small lift and a huge scrum/queue to try to get on it. No stairs alternative either (only for emergencies and they don't allow use). Then, once you're up there, they ask you to leave early in order to allow time for the same single lift down. Fairly average lounge but they did have a comprehensive bar including champagne on free pour (Veuve Cliquot IIRC)
Old Dec 17, 17, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by bhbloke View Post
I used the new AA Flagship lounge a few weeks back, it was very pleasant. I think you need to be Gold to use it (An expert will be along shortly to confirm or deny)
No, Flagship Lounges are accessible to both OWE and OWS so even lowly BAEC Silvers like myself are allowed in.
markle and TTmex like this.
Old Dec 17, 17, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by rpjs View Post
No, Flagship Lounges are accessible to both OWE and OWS so even lowly BAEC Silvers like myself are allowed in.
Longhaul J too.
Old Dec 17, 17, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

For anyone interested... I got to the Premium lounge and the receptionist advised going to the Flagship lounge as it's "worth the walk!". No issues getting in and I'm a very lowly BA Blue.

Currently have a lovely glass of Bollinger!

​​​​​​
Old Dec 18, 17, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by Mark_UK View Post
For anyone interested... I got to the Premium lounge and the receptionist advised going to the Flagship lounge as it's "worth the walk!". No issues getting in and I'm a very lowly BA Blue.

Currently have a lovely glass of Bollinger!

​​​​​​
How did you find the trip from D30 Flagship to the E gates where the BA flights leave from? Do you have to go through security again between concourses?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: