Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Good news for Singapore regulars [QF F Lounge opens 2nd December 2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good news for Singapore regulars [QF F Lounge opens 2nd December 2019]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2019, 7:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by derek2010
CX Departs from T4 = T4 boarding pass => may be accessible to T2?
Isn't T4 kind of an 'isolated' terminal at SIN? You can hop around between T1, T2 and T3 freely, but not between T4 and others, if I remember correctly.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Nov 27, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Isn't T4 a kind of 'isolated' terminal at SIN? You can hop around between T1, T2 and T3 freely, but not between T4 and others, if I remember correctly.
can one use a T4 boarding pass to enter airside at T1 -> opt for the Qantas First Lounge at SIN -> go to T4 to board CX flight?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:15 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by derek2010
can one use a T4 boarding pass to enter airside at T1 -> opt for the Qantas First Lounge at SIN -> go to T4 to board CX flight?
Singapore airport authorities strongly discourage it.
Some border police manning the entrance to airside entry at T1 may still insist that you go back to T4 via landside and enter T4 airside from there.
Landside from T4 it takes about 20 mins. Landside shuttle bus T4 to T2, walk through the whole length of T2, and skytrain to T1.
If refused airside entry at T1, then you need to do the whole thing back in reverse.
If allowed in (unlikely), you still need to walk after the lounge visit from the QF 1st lounge to the very last F gate in T2 where they run the airside shuttle bus back to T4 and re-clear security at T4 again.
Old Dec 25, 2019, 7:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
The hairy pavlova made an appearance in the SIN lounge today for Christmas. It wasn’t on the menu and overheard it was an option.

Spend a nice few hours in the QF F lounge, i like the design, the food and the service. It was a very quiet day as it is Christmas Day.

Barramundi tasted amazing.
Duck was nice but sliced very thin and was a minimalistic portion.
Tried both champagnes and the rose champagne. Preferred the Taittinger Brut.

Enjoying a nice glass of baileys before my Finnair flight to Hel and Ams.

Merry Christmas
Globalist

Last edited by Globalist; Dec 26, 2019 at 9:59 pm
Old Dec 25, 2019, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Globalist
The hairy pavlova made an appearance in the SIN lounge today for Christmas. It wasn’t on the menu and overheard it was an option.

Spend a nice few hours in the QF F lounge, i like the design, the food and the service. It was a very quiet day as it is Christmas Day.

Barramundi tasted amazing.
Duck was nice but sliced very thin and was a minimalistic portion.
Tried both champagnes and the rose champagne. Preferred the Taittinger Brut.

Enjoying a nice glass of barleys before my Finnair flight to Hel and Ams.

Merry Christmas
Globalist
I actually quite like it that the starters are small portions (and enjoyed the skate one!) - their Christmas period cocktail is very nice if you still have a chance to try it!
Old Feb 2, 2020, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Through here on Saturday evening with the family on BA F tickets.

The food is really great. I had the Barramundi which was excellent, my wife had the laksa - she is Sarawakian and has a high bar for laksa, but she said it was extremely good with a very good prawn flavour. Desserts good, starters tasty (could have done with more duck though), and they were very helpful catering for a rather tired toddler who just wanted egg and chips and a chocolate pudding. Cocktails also very good.

As a lounge, less impressed. Most of the lounge is dedicated to the dining area, the seating is all down one end, there is very little apart from single chairs for groups or families, just a PVC sofa setup right at the end. The showers are atrocious - quite long waits, and although pagers are issued, the queuing is poorly managed; the pagers had run out when I tried so I was told to come back in half an hour, meanwhile others going sooner got pagers as they were returned. There is only a ceiling mounted shower head, with controls on the other wall, poor water flow, and they're very sensitive so it's difficult to get a reasonable temperature.

We ended up decamping to the BA inner sanctum area to wait for the flight. But QF will definitely be the first choice for food from now on.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Can I please be reminded, is the QF F lounge at SIN accessible for BA (Gold) flying QR J ?
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:37 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nivsy
Can I please be reminded, is the QF F lounge at SIN accessible for BA (Gold) flying QR J ?
I believe (and hope) the answer is yes as I intend to do this later this month!
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:42 pm

Definitely yes!
Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:02 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Definitely yes!
Maybe, definitely yes!! Tried it last week when leaving on BA15 and was initially refused but then admitted reluctantly since it was full of QF passengers (fancy that!).
Old Feb 6, 2021, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Just looking ahead to being able to use this lounge when it opens again and was very curious will flying CX Sin-Hkg-Lax with Hkg-Lax in F get me in? The Sin-Hkg is in J if that matters (there is no F) and it is on the same ticket if that also matters.

If this Qantas F lounge has the same type of agents as Lax does I am worried I will get denied. Lax QF F lounge agents have not let me in when arriving internationally in Fand also when heading out on a connection to an international F flight. OW rules apply to this lounge right? So I would be good on the above listed itinerary?

I remember a couple years ago arriving on AA F to HKG and being denied F lounges at Hkg prior to my onward CX connection to Beijing. The international flight needed to be on Cx they said. Since it was incoming not departing. If departing then it didnt matter. I dont know if thats a fair comparison to my question about Sin QF F lounge but it seems like the airline behind the lounge can make their own rules...
Old Feb 7, 2021, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Just looking ahead to being able to use this lounge when it opens again and was very curious will flying CX Sin-Hkg-Lax with Hkg-Lax in F get me in? The Sin-Hkg is in J if that matters (there is no F) and it is on the same ticket if that also matters.
Current oneworld policy is:

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
    Not sure when your flight is but CX normally flies from T4 in Singapore, which means you cannot access the QF lounge. That said, I believe CX is temporarily flying from another terminal (T1?), which means you’d be in luck.

Edited to add.. source for the policy is the oneworld lounge policy is the website for the various airports: https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=SIN

Last edited by CXYYZ; Feb 7, 2021 at 1:54 am
    Old Feb 7, 2021, 2:48 am

There was a convoluted way to access T123, IIRC you needed a paper CX boarding pass stamped by CX to clear at T1 or you'd need to clear security at T4 and then take the transit bus to/from T2 (clearing security again on the way back) - both being quite a slog and needing to allow a lot of extra time

Of course with the lounge, T2 & T4 currently closed (CX are back at T1) none of this applies so need to check nearer the time
    Old Feb 7, 2021, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
    Thanks for the help. Looking at December so hoping by then things will be back to normal although I suppose the actual Qantas F lounge could still be closed if Qantas isnt flying internationally. Although even if they are flying if they arent flying A380's will that lounge open? Been reading some stuff about the hassle it is to get from T4 to T1. Figure I will just go through T4 and then take the bus/trains to T1. Read that sometimes airside they wont let you back to T4 and it is possible I may have to go landside and come back in at T4 again. Will allow ample time for sure.

On the lounge front just seems like accessing these F lounges is not a black and white thing Cathay says on their site you can only access the PIer/Wing F upon arriving if your onward flight is on CX only. Thats a violation of OW rules. And the mess at Qantas F Lax denying ppl connecting/arriving is another example. Really hoping that if everything is open and running I can get into Qantas F at Sin on my above mentioned itineary.
    Old Feb 7, 2021, 3:11 pm

I would be surprised if it's open by December. In fact I'd be surprised if it opens before 2023.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.