Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Good news for Singapore regulars [QF F Lounge opens 2nd December 2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good news for Singapore regulars [QF F Lounge opens 2nd December 2019]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'm very excited about the new QF F lounge (though to be honest, I think that this thread really belongs to the QF forum). I'll fly from there in December, but anyone posting the new menu early that month will be entitled to all my gratitude. I agree with LTNPhobia that I really miss the days of the fantastic sashimi plates which happen to be the exact thing I love to find in a lounge, but even now, I still like the focus on light, modern menu. I do like the CCR and the CX F lounges, but frankly, apart from the AF Premiere lounge, QF F lounges are really those who "get" what I want to eat before a flight (I'm sure that others have different preferences), which in a way is unsurprising as I absolutely love the Australian food culture (and I'm saying that as someone coming from another great but very different food culture myself).
nancypants likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Here is a picture of my first hairy pav encounter.

djsflynn likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: QFF
Also managed to sneak a look at the lounge whilst in SIN on 13 Nov - workers had left the door open whilst moving in and out so I stuck my head in. Looks very close to completion apart from the sheeting everywhere.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
The lounge is now open for a soft launch.....some pics here

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...ounge-now-open
Old Nov 19, 2019, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'm very excited about the new QF F lounge (though to be honest, I think that this thread really belongs to the QF forum). I'll fly from there in December, but anyone posting the new menu early that month will be entitled to all my gratitude.
Pic shared by a friend...

Opening menu for Qantas Singapore First Lounge (in theory a seasonal menu, but what seasons does Singapore have besides 'hot' and 'hot-and-wet'?)
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Now there's a menu that puts the Heathrow CCR to shame. I've got my first visit next week and very much looking forward to it. Will take a few photos, but I expect others will beat me to it. Travels through Singapore shaping up very nicely thanks to this excellent development. ^
djsflynn likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:07 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
No hairy pav or sashimi! Outrageous!!!

I'm not bothering then. D gate when flying from C gate is not really worthwhile... (I suffer from chronic airport laziness so I don't walk extra distance unless there is food that I particularly like or shopping I particularly like to do.)
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
wow that is fantastic timing. I am leaving tomorrow night for LHR and I was about to go to the EK lounge if it wasn't for this thread. I'll post some pics if I can!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
No hairy pav or sashimi! Outrageous!!!
Would you settle for hairy sashimi?

I'm not bothering then. D gate when flying from C gate is not really worthwhile... (I suffer from chronic airport laziness so I don't walk extra distance unless there is food that I particularly like or shopping I particularly like to do.
Hahaha! It's not that far from the QF/BA business class lounges, I'd say 5 mins if you're in brisk a-man-with-a-mission mode, or 10 minis if you stroll. But yeah, in transit the stopover time is quite short to begin with and SIN's security-at-the-gate process doesn't help. This is where I reckon the new QR lounge (adjacent to the EK one, should be open by March 2020) will be helpful as another C gate option.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Would you settle for hairy sashimi?

Hahaha! It's not that far from the QF/BA business class lounges, I'd say 5 mins if you're in brisk a-man-with-a-mission mode, or 10 minis if you stroll. But yeah, in transit the stopover time is quite short to begin with and SIN's security-at-the-gate process doesn't help. This is where I reckon the new QR lounge (adjacent to the EK one, should be open by March 2020) will be helpful as another C gate option.
I suspect the QR one will just be for QR pax
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
I suspect the QR one will just be for QR pax
Should be available for all Oneworld J/F passengers, but opening hours will probably be restricted to around QR departure times.
djsflynn likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:03 am

New QF F lounge is great. Was very busy but they have designed it with a significant dining area so you are almost guaranteed to get a table straight away.

I really liked the decor and the dining chairs. My only comparative in Singapore is the QF J lounge. I also liked it better than QF F lounge in Sydney and Melbourne.

I was on BA15 from C22 and the walk is really nothing (although one of the first C gates).
Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Should be available for all Oneworld J/F passengers, but opening hours will probably be restricted to around QR departure times.
That doesn't fit in with any of their other lounges, so would be pleasantly surprised if so
Old Nov 21, 2019, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
That doesn't fit in with any of their other lounges, so would be pleasantly surprised if so
That's (thankfully) incorrect - I have never had an issue accessing the QR LHR lounge at LHR if flying MH J or F. It is only status-based access when flying any class below J (be it on QR or partners) which is excluded.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:00 am

I see the familiar salt and pepper squid on the menu. Glad they added the laksa as well (poshed up with crayfish, no less) to make the menu more localized.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.