Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Good news for Singapore regulars [QF F Lounge opens 2nd December 2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good news for Singapore regulars [QF F Lounge opens 2nd December 2019]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
They just need to open a QF LHR F lounge now. One in LAX and SIN but not LHR? Where else has an QF F and where else has QF J only lounge?
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by smid
they just need to open a qf lhr f lounge now. One in lax and sin but not lhr? Where else has an qf f and where else has qf j only lounge?
hk, per, bne
Old Nov 22, 2019, 9:16 am
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
Originally Posted by Smid
They just need to open a QF LHR F lounge now. One in LAX and SIN but not LHR? Where else has an QF F and where else has QF J only lounge?
Agreed! This brings the total number of QF F lounges up to four (SYD, MEL, LAX, HKG). LHR is a puzzling omission especially considering how recently the LHR lounge was built.

This also means that QF has overtaken CX in number of F lounges operated, if my math is right: HKG Wing, HKG Pier, LHR T3.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 9:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by eae
Agreed! This brings the total number of QF F lounges up to four (SYD, MEL, LAX, HKG). LHR is a puzzling omission especially considering how recently the LHR lounge was built.

This also means that QF has overtaken CX in number of F lounges operated, if my math is right: HKG Wing, HKG Pier, LHR T3.
Unfortunately the HKG Qantas lounge is like LHR, a general lounge without a First area. There seems space for First (and there was one before), and LHR could of course do a First upstairs or downstairs. SIN is a bit odd there, but in a welcome way. LAX one can understand in that it is essentially a oneworld lounge in all but name.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Nov 22, 2019 at 2:19 pm Reason: Qantas, what would I do for U. See below
Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:12 pm
eae
In memoriam

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GfL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Unfortunately the HKG Quantas lounge is like LHR, a general lounge without a First area. There seems space for First (and there was one before), and LHR could of course do a First upstairs or downstairs. SIN is a bit odd there, but in a welcome way. LAX one can understand in that it is essentially a oneworld lounge in all but name.
You are of course correct. I meant to say SIN not HKG for Qantas, thanks for spotting that cws!
Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
...Quantas...
OMG, from you of all people! Is this deliberate?
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by choosethedrew
OMG, from you of all people! Is this deliberate?
I'm afraid it wasn't! Sheer lack of attention is the cause, but duly corrected.
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
I thought the QR Doha lounge rules are the same as in the QR outports. If you are actually seated in J or F on a one world airline, they’ll let you in.
That's absolutely right, my point was about status pax in non-premium cabins, apologies if my expression of that caused confusion.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Definitely no! I cannot understand why the salt and pepper squid made the cut but not the hairy pav. Now that BA The Bar has asparagus heads that I like, other than poking my head in out of curiosity, most likely I'll still be at The Bar.

The 'deconstructed pav' is indeed one of the signature dishes of the QF F lounges. Over the last few years it's sometimes also been called a 'Trump Pav' in a nod to the 'swept-back hair' look LOL

Last edited by djsflynn; Nov 22, 2019 at 9:09 pm
Old Nov 23, 2019, 1:40 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
There is also AKL QF F lounge *cough*, barely worth a mention and with a finite life, but it is there
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by libertyuk
There is also AKL QF F lounge *cough*, barely worth a mention and with a finite life, but it is there
That's a J lounge in all but name, right? I can't recall the difference. I think even the J lounge has self pour champers, which is the usual F distinguisher. Though either of those could be sparkling wine, I didn't pay that much attention...
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by djsflynn

The 'deconstructed pav' is indeed one of the signature dishes of the QF F lounges. Over the last few years it's sometimes also been called a 'Trump Pav' in a nod to the 'swept-back hair' look LOL

Beautifully and artfully taken pics!
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by Smid
That's a J lounge in all but name, right? I can't recall the difference. I think even the J lounge has self pour champers, which is the usual F distinguisher. Though either of those could be sparkling wine, I didn't pay that much attention...
F has actual champers and slightly better hot food, but that's about it compared with J
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Really impressed with this lounge, which borrows heavily in its light wood, racing green, and heavy carpets styling from the Pier F lounge in HKG and the CX F lounge at LHR. It's interestingly very much dining-focused, with about two thirds of the lounge devoted to restaurant space. There must be at least 100 dining table seats, making it bigger than most decently sized restaurants. The food was outstanding, similar in terms of quality and its Pacific Rim cuisine-orientation to what is on offer in the QF F lounges in Sydney and Melbourne. Noticeably a step up from the main competition, e.g. CX Pier/Wing F and the LHR CCR.

There were some complaints earlier in the thread about lapses in service, but I found the staff impeccable: engaging, chatty, and clearly proud of the place. Like the QF J lounge here in SIN, I got a strong feeling that this is the kind of place where you'd be recognised as a regular fairly quickly. Also nice were the little touches like a pre-dinner cold towel and olives brought to your table. Those who transit through SIN frequently will recognise some familiar faces. Some from the J lounge here I think, and a guy who I'm sure I've seen pacing around the F lounge in Sydney too.

An 8 hour transit between HK and Doha meant I saw it in both its busiest and quietest times. It's certainly bustling between 5.30pm and 7.30pm but there was no wait for tables in the dining room on the day I was in. A different story in the relatively small lounging area, where it was difficult to find a spare seat during this period. Between 7.30pm and 9pm, there was only a handful of people, and then it got busier again after 9pm, but not uncomfortably so.

This is certainly going to be my go to lounge in SIN from now on. IMO, It's right up there with the best of any oneworld option for Emeralds worldwide.

A few photos of the food and one of the dining areas below.

orbitmic and TravelManBiz like this.

Last edited by crazyanglaisy; Nov 26, 2019 at 6:22 am
Old Nov 27, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
Originally Posted by orbitmic
You won't be allowed in T4 with a BP for T3 (or T2 or T5 for that matter)
CX Departs from T4 = T4 boarding pass => may be accessible to T2?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.