Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is it ever ok to go to different cabins on a plane?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it ever ok to go to different cabins on a plane?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by rapidex
FAA regulations not applicable on BA aircraft. Under 21's can also drink alcohol.
I somehow managed to do that under 21 in the USA on AS. Of course I looked like I was about 28 at 18. Now people tell me I look 10 years younger than I am.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:03 pm

Seems pretty classist to claim you can go down not up cabins. If I pay for economy I expect to be surrounded by poor people and noisy children, not pretentious rich people who have no right to be there.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by APUBleed
Seems pretty classist to claim you can go down not up cabins. If I pay for economy I expect to be surrounded by poor people and noisy children, not pretentious rich people who have no right to be there.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:20 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by APUBleed
Yes Darling, but I like to get up and stretch my legs - and just see how busy it is down the back. I also get up and go and ask for drinks unless I am on one of CIHY's flights - when I require that he dances attention on me and waits on me hand and foot. He usually sends one of the crew with a "Take that drink to the cow in 1K, or she'll be back here in full Lady Muck mode!"
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Mordac
This is also my approach. I do of course keep to myself as I do so, I don't go around trying to disturb other people, but then again, how would my going into the Y cabin be more disturbing than someone already there going for a walk? For the record, when travelling Y I'm usually too busy reading to even notice whether anyone is entering from another cabin or not.
Realistically, for the same reason as if people from WT (or indeed WTP and Club) went walking into First as part of their fitness circuit. Every time a passenger walks through the curtain, it's going to risk waking someone up or disturbing them from their work. The realities of air travel mean that customers in WT have to get pretty used to that as it's a busy cabin and I've long since been oblivious regardless of what cabin I'm in (and loyally have rarely strayed from that cabin when in it, other than when a crew member told me when I was in WTP that there was plenty of food in the Club Kitchen if I wanted it - but I won't open that whole can of worms), but if extra passenger traffic can be avoided without causing inconvenience to anyone, then perhaps ideally it would be.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Yes Darling, but I like to get up and stretch my legs - and just see how busy it is down the back. I also get up and go and ask for drinks unless I am on one of CIHY's flights - when I require that he dances attention on me and waits on me hand and foot. He usually sends one of the crew with a "Take that drink to the cow in 1K, or she'll be back here in full Lady Muck mode!"
I think you honour yourself with the title Lady, Muck would be a more realistic description of what I have seen, although you do seem realise you are a cow and one that is way past milking age.
Cris L and deboyzoned like this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
I've no problem walking through an A380 after lights out. I've done laps to stretch my legs. I've used the F lavs during this time as well. As long as you look like you belong, or lost, cabin crew don't challenge you.

On a single aisle jet, on a short service then no, I probably wouldn't do it unless the lavs are busy.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I think you honour yourself with the title Lady, Muck would be a more realistic description of what I have seen, although you do seem realise you are a cow and one that is way past milking age.
you might be off the Christmas card list CIHY! 😂
Old Nov 8, 2019, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think that will be the least of my problems if she get hold of me but thankfully the old girl doesn’t move that fast.
Cris L and gliderpilot like this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
I am flying to ORD in March with a mate. I am in F he is HBO in Y (personal call). I suspect it may easier for me to go see him than in reverse!
Old Nov 8, 2019, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First customers can have guest visit for a drink, they have to use the buddy seat and a good time will be after takeoff.
Check with the crew first and a 30 minute visit is about right, your friend can also be guested by you into The Concorde Room at LHR.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold
What’s the view on situations where captain invites families into the cockpit during lengthy delays on tarmac? I’ve been on the receiving end of this in J to Orlando.

I guess it’s a nice gesture but I didn’t enjoy the extra company trotting up from behind the curtain.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:49 pm

Just don't be one of those people who raises holy hell when a peon sneaks into a forward lav, yet you think nothing of going in the opposite direction if the need should arise. People should certainly try and stick with the lav in their cabin, but no one should be forced to soil oneself or suffer from kidney damage due to an imaginary line. This is especially relevant as many airlines continue to eliminate lav's in Y on wide-body aircraft to squeeze a few more rows of torture chambers on-board.
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by rapidex
FAA regulations not applicable on BA aircraft. Under 21's can also drink alcohol.
As made clear, this has nothing to do with FAA. It is a DHS rule which applies to all commercial aircraft seeking to land in the US. BA agrees to those rules just as it imposes additional security requirements on flights (and some passengers) destined for the US.

As also noted, the rule is honored in the breach these days. But, it most certainly applies to BA on flights destined to the US.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I once took the former Mrs Antichef to see what the CW UD looked like a BA Jumbo, she never having been there and having heard me explain that some of the seats there were favoured by frequent fliers on this site.

I sought the CSD's consent beforehand, then we went and just stood at the top of the stairs (so as not to disturb anybody) whilst I quietly explained the layout to her. Then I took her back to row 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.