Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No more “happy” buttons at First Wing security?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more “happy” buttons at First Wing security?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Howard Long
They have several of these at a client of mine, together with a weekly loaded question, out in the open on the floor so everyone could see who the trouble makers are. Pointless.

Furthermore they had an “anonymous” suggestions box placed right outside the HR office with two CCTV cameras pointing to it. Knowing the officious and toxic nature of that particular HR dept, I doubt there were many takers.
Sounds like a fantastic place to work at...

But back on topic. These type of tools obviously work better when, 1) they are not going to be used to retaliate against the user, 2) when the numbers become statistically relevant or immediate feedback is valuable. It seems that at airports this is the case in the grand scheme of things.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I wonder how accurate the feedback is though? I would have thought a grumpy sod is unlikely to hit the happy button anyway no matter how pleasant the process was.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I wonder how accurate the feedback is though? I would have thought a grumpy sod is unlikely to hit the happy button anyway no matter how pleasant the process was.
So, you have never hit the Happy button?
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by T8191
So, you have never hit the Happy button?
Wasn't aware such a thing existed....I normally hum a song instead.

T8191 likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Wasn't aware such a thing existed....I normally hum a song instead.

https://youtu.be/291ET6Py6H8
maybe try flying a bit 😜
I’ve been happy to hit the green smiling face a lot in the First Wing this year, rarely an issue encountered.
T
HIDDY likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Telecasterman
maybe try flying a bit 😜
I’ve been happy to hit the green smiling face a lot in the First Wing this year, rarely an issue encountered.
T
Being a Blue I wouldn't be in the F wing anyway.....or do they also have them in the security section for the poor?
Telecasterman likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by gw76
They wont be any worse than door handles, security trays, lift buttons, tensa barriers I wouldn't have thought, and I doubt anyone had succumbed.
Quite so, but the most dense population of pathogenic bacteriae in our environment is on the keyboard of a mobile phone.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by onobond
Quite so, but the most dense population of pathogenic bacteriae in our environment is on the keyboard of a mobile phone.
Keyboard of a mobile phone... what is that, other than a screen?
Old Oct 5, 2019, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Telecasterman
maybe try flying a bit 😜
T
If they’ve improved no downside IMO to hitting the green smiley, and hopefully the red frown when things go wrong mean it’s picked up. Don’t think we’ll retreat 1 second less in the Flounge each time!
Old Oct 6, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
The data from the HorN machines (as they are colloquially called) are very much analysed and compared against multiple criteria. Yes, staff do sometimes hit them as they pass through but no-one really has the time to spend doing multiple hits so there's minimal skewing and there's some statistical jiggery-pokery that smooths that out.

The most notable report I've seen was the before/after comparisons of Immigration following the expansion of eGate useage by additional countries.

The funniest I saw was on Friday afternoon going through T5 and the angry button was missing from one of the devices after security. I wonder if that was to dissaude people from selecting it, or was someone so angry they wanted to keep the button?

EDIT: forgot to say. in answer to the OP, the devices do have to be brought in for battery recharge/replacement, cleaning etc every now and then, so it's either temporary or someone has decided we no longer need to monitor the first wing
Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Could have done with a big red button this morning! At least both lanes open but queues past the BP check and staff who seemed to lack any sense of urgency! That combined with pods not working again isn’t covering Heathrow in glory this morning
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
You can't buy something, stay in a hotel, phone a customer helpline or even use a public washroom these days without being asked to rate your experience, whether on the spot or by follow-up email. I've given up engaging with such requests.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.