Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bad service in CCR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
I’ve been in since around 06:15. It’s busy but not horrendous. Staff polite as courteous. Breakfast good, although I’m a bit hungover from the TATL flight so I didn’t do it justice.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Sorry to hear about far from ideal conditions in the CCR. What a privileged lot we are, which I guess leads us to a high level of unacceptability. My ideal/frequent CCR scenario is to arrive from HKG on BA32, get the Jag over to the CCR and then enjoy my private club and breakfast until I wander down for the 0640 to GVA with a smile on my face. I haven't got to LPGS at breakfast so it remains a blissful experience. On the other hand, at later times of the day I always find myself in a boozy FT crowd and you know that's fun too.

Anyway, the pom is off to POM early tomorrow morning - so back to reality!
squawk likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Sometimes you guys are impossible. The tone of the OP doesn’t sound to me excessively moany or entitled.

We all have different expectations and, unless the expectations are unreasonable, the CCR should aim to impress and deliver impeccable service and an exclusive experience. We all know that at times it can feel like that, in my case on my first couple of visits, but it can also feel subpar, probably also because the novelty factor starts to fade.
lukew, VSLover, ttama and 5 others like this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 7:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ringingup
Sometimes you guys are impossible. The tone of the OP doesn’t sound to me excessively moany or entitled.

We all have different expectations and, unless the expectations are unreasonable, the CCR should aim to impress and deliver impeccable service and an exclusive experience. We all know that at times it can feel like that, in my case on my first couple of visits, but it can also feel subpar, probably also because the novelty factor starts to fade.
At the end of the day we're all different so there's bound to be differences of opinion especially when it comes to expectation. Maybe on Flyertalk we sometimes get caught up in all the hype which surrounds F lounges? I know I did.
My first BA F lounge experience was the old CCR in T4 and I thought it was nothing great whereas my first T5 CCR visit was very enjoyable. I've since been in several others in the world including the LH FCT which I thought didn't match the hype written about it. Not been in any for a while and can't say I'm that bothered.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i feel the long and short of it here is the fact that this is truly a BA problem. the staff are doing everything they can, but management have decided to deal with CCR in a way that does not please customers. and it is a shame because T5 CCR is meant to be their beacon, no? or is it the CCR in SIN?

whats ironic here is it is their home (BA T5), which should be the epitome of service and experience they fail in so many ways.

yet each time i leave the JFK CCR, i am always amazed at how pleasant an experience i have there after so many years. the staff are abundant, its not crowded, tables and charging plugs available, and never are the same issues as we all face at the T5 CCR.

in short: T5 CCR can do better and it should.
u01sss3 and masmadrid like this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I was there last week. Perfectly good service at the table and then on the terrace.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA GfL
I am maybe in the CCR 4 or 5 times a year, usually on a Sunday between a domestic flight and a transatlantic in First.

The service is usually very friendly once you get served, but for the last couple of years I find the staff quite willing to just ignore me unless I very deliberately get their attention. Maybe they have have been told not to disturb people, but I would have thought that they would be told to watch for new arrivals and ask if they need anything.

The lack of sockets and the very slow wifi are probably a bigger annoyance though.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by MrALIG
I am maybe in the CCR 4 or 5 times a year, usually on a Sunday between a domestic flight and a transatlantic in First.

The service is usually very friendly once you get served, but for the last couple of years I find the staff quite willing to just ignore me unless I very deliberately get their attention. Maybe they have have been told not to disturb people, but I would have thought that they would be told to watch for new arrivals and ask if they need anything.

The lack of sockets and the very slow wifi are probably a bigger annoyance though.
This mirrors my own experience of the CCR exactly.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
It’s an oasis of calm today.

Service is to perfection.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by pollycat

This mirrors my own experience of the CCR exactly.
And mine. Been in it a handful of times, and learned quickly not to sit “outside” due to the likelihood of being ignored. To be clear, I don’t mind going to the bar to get drinks at all, but when you do (because you’re being ignored) and you are told to sit down, someone will bring it over, as if you’ve just insulted them, and it still takes another age to come, it doesn’t help.

Sitting “inside” we’ve never had a problem, other than the very large measures!
Crampedin13A and endoman like this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Terrace service is excellent this afternoon. I have been here maybe a dozen times and this is by far the best. A few moments ago we were offered little smoked salmon thingys. Only gripes are the absence of sockets and the ridiculously large plates that the lovely scallop starter comes on - had to eat it from my lap. Chilled bottle of LPGS on a trolley not 10 feet away.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerGill
Terrace service is excellent this afternoon. I have been here maybe a dozen times and this is by far the best. A few moments ago we were offered little smoked salmon thingys. Only gripes are the absence of sockets and the ridiculously large plates that the lovely scallop starter comes on - had to eat it from my lap. Chilled bottle of LPGS on a trolley not 10 feet away.
I self served from the LPGS on the trolley when I was there, had to ask 3 times inside for a coffee for mrs endo, and we gave up waiting to be asked about dessert when dining. Hope it's better when we are there in a couple of weeks again, at least we know the layout now as last time was a surprise but welcome op up.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
To be clear, I don’t mind going to the bar to get drinks at all, but when you do (because you’re being ignored) and you are told to sit down, someone will bring it over, as if you’ve just insulted them, and it still takes another age to come, it doesn’t help.
Being told that after going up to any bar is a major bugbear of mine. There are ways to take the customers order there and then, and also indicate that they’d be delighted to do table service in future.
lukew likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by golfmad
We have crews from both fleets who subscribe to and read these threads. I would urge you to consider that when making generalisations like this.
We have people who spend hundreds of thousands of pounds a year with BA on this forum. Many of them have been loyal to BA for over 20 years. I would urge you to consider that they are in a state of despair about whether an F ticket will bring on board service akin to the Ritz or Little Chef.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer

We have people who spend hundreds of thousands of pounds a year with BA on this forum. Many of them have been loyal to BA for over 20 years. I would urge you to consider that they are in a state of despair about whether an F ticket will bring on board service akin to the Ritz or Little Chef.
quite so. If people can’t take criticism then they shouldn’t be in that role. And I suspect those least able to take criticism will be exactly those who think they deliver ritz service but actually deliver little chef.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.