Wiki Posts
Search

Bad service in CCR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Bad service in CCR

My partner and I have just gone in to the CCR, very disappointing so far! All began well with a lovely welcome at the FW and also the CCR registration, but after that awful (so far). It’s busier than I have ever seen it, which is not the end of the world of course, and still place to sit, service is however the issue. I went up to the bar having found a spot on the terrace (ugly pool Loungers with cheap cushions) and asked for a glass of champagne, I was poured something that was not LPGS without comment. I tried it but did not like it so asked if they had LP, I was very brusquely informed it was chilling and they did not have any. We then went to the restaurant where there was a wait for tables, the same gentleman who informed me re champagne was then manning the reception there and it was a bit of a circus. No one knew what was happening and although we were seated after 10 mins we were taken to a table with a large grey industrial plastic cutlery holder on the banquette next to it and trays with cleaning sprays on them on the adjacent table. (At this point I witnessed a table asking for LPGS specifically and then being served the other stuff surreptitiously). So far service in the restaurant has been perfunctory at best, soup slopped into the bowl for example, no bread offered.

Bad day or is this the norm these days?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Defo not the norm for sure - I’ve had some of the best service ever in the Concorde Room recently
TheFlyingCyclist likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Think the LPGS is in short supply and being held back for the regulars.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tootall33
Bad day or is this the norm these days?
Sounds like a bad day, it's been a while since we've had a "bad service" post, but this is a very busy day flights wise.

Just gently ask for a word with the duty manager and explain your concerns, it will be more useful than anything you or I can do via this forum.
PUCCI GALORE, so3003, gcuk and 8 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
......Just gently ask for a word with the duty manager and explain your concerns, it will be more useful than anything you or I can do via this forum.
Good advice. I had a 'below the usual exceptionally high standard' experience last week and a quick word in an ear resolved the issues and the usual service standard was resumed
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
No tips for CCR staff today then

Sounds like a bad day- feedback usually very good from CCR.
Sealink and frank_poulankh like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Make sure you don't leave a tip (oops, wrong thread!)

EDIT: Beaten to it by South London Bon Viveur
Sealink, alvinlwh, YacozA and 1 others like this.

Last edited by notakeenflyer; Aug 30, 2019 at 8:30 am Reason: Slow wit/typing
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Let's me try to break this down into its constituent parts. I'll add my responses in red.
  1. Busier than seen before. It was busy.
  2. Didn't like the furniture on the terrace. That's a matter of personal taste.
  3. Asked for champagne and not served LPGS. If you didn't specifically ask for LPGS I don't see any grounds for complaint here especially if the staff knew there was none chilled (see point below).
  4. Asked for LPGS and told it was chilling. It was busy and it sounds like they ran out of chilled LPGS. The manner you were spoken to was perhaps not ideal.
  5. Waited 10 minutes for a table. It was busy.
  6. Taken to a table that was in the process of being prepared. It was busy.
  7. Soup slopped into a bowl. The soup is served by pouring from a jug into a bowl. Perhaps the manner in which it was poured was not up to standard. Possibly because it was busy?
  8. No bread offered. That's standard. In my experience you have to ask for bread.
IAN-UK, LCY8737, Sealink and 7 others like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I was in today. Service very, very poor initially. No one on the terrace when we got there so had to go to bar for drinks. Ignored at the bar while the barman was sorting some cans out, when I finally got his attention and asked for some LPGS I was told they just had a delivery so no chilled LPGS. This was around 1200 - he did say the Canard Duchene was the best champagne they offered. (!!!).

Tried the BA100 English sparkling wine, fine but not amazing. Friend went back and by then LPGS was on which was a big improvement.

Fortunately after that the lady working on the terrace was on the ball and kept us well looked after until we left for our flight, though she was run off her feet as I think people realised she was the only person who actually was bothered.

So very definitely not the CCR’s finest hour.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
Let's me try to break this down into its constituent parts. I'll add my responses in red.
  1. Busier than seen before. It was busy.
  2. Didn't like the furniture on the terrace. That's a matter of personal taste.
  3. Asked for champagne and not served LPGS. If you didn't specifically ask for LPGS I don't see any grounds for complaint here especially if the staff knew there was none chilled (see point below).
  4. Asked for LPGS and told it was chilling. It was busy and it sounds like they ran out of chilled LPGS. The manner you were spoken to was perhaps not ideal.
  5. Waited 10 minutes for a table. It was busy.
  6. Taken to a table that was in the process of being prepared. It was busy.
  7. Soup slopped into a bowl. The soup is served by pouring from a jug into a bowl. Perhaps the manner in which it was poured was not up to standard. Possibly because it was busy?
  8. No bread offered. That's standard. In my experience you have to ask for bread.
@golfmad - I’ve seen it far, far busier and the service has been far, far better.

We’re lucky enough that we have flown F quite a few times so know what to ask for and what to expect and even then it’s probably the least impressive CCR experience I’ve had.
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:25 am

I find the BA lounges less and less inviting because they are generally so busy. I know many will shout me down but I would support a review of the lounge access policy and would welcome a more restrictive one. Information about appropriate lounge behaviour might also be needed.
NoY and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BobServant

@golfmad - I’ve seen it far, far busier and the service has been far, far better.

We’re lucky enough that we have flown F quite a few times so know what to ask for and what to expect and even then it’s probably the least impressive CCR experience I’ve had.
They have been a little short staffed because of holidays and illness, Some of the staff have been doing double shifts, they must be dead on their feet.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
They have been a little short staffed because of holidays and illness, Some of the staff have been doing double shifts, they must be dead on their feet.
That explains, but it doesn’t excuse.

I feel for the staff but management should ensure that the front line staff are not put in a position they can’t deliver a proper level of service and customers should not be impacted regardless. It seems both were happening today.

If I thought it would make any difference, I’d write to customer relations. Anyway I am about to fly and so far the crew on the plane have been brilliant, I hope the OP has a good overall experience too.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by kaizenflying
Information about appropriate lounge behaviour might also be needed.
You'd think that people who have enough money for F or fly enough to get a CCR card are reasonably successful and adjusted people.

Maybe you should book yourself on a Friday evening FR LGW-ALC flight to get an idea of what normal looks like.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks So much for your informative and enlightening feedback on my original post.
Sealink and Tobias-UK like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.