Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Period between 'tier point collection year ends' and 'card expiry'

Period between 'tier point collection year ends' and 'card expiry'

Reply

Old Jul 19, 19, 8:46 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver, Starbucks Gold (free syrup, don't knock it), My John Lewis (free coffee and cake!)
Posts: 694
Period between 'tier point collection year ends' and 'card expiry'

So apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but if I book a flight between these 2 dates, and I will be soft landing from Silver to Bronze, do I still get some or all of the silver benefits for that flight?

Specifically seat selection, lounge access and additional Avios? And if the answer is yes, would that apply to just BA or all OW flights?

Quite important as its almost a 2 month period and I'm intending to do quite a lot of flying then to strategically lock in at least silver for another 2ish years...

thanks
RC
ratechaser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 19, 8:50 am
  #2  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TPA/ABZ
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Posts: 8,657
Your benefits don't expire until your card expiration date (the month end following your tier point collection date). You have access to all benefits until the latter date.
ratechaser likes this.
golfmad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 19, 8:52 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver, Starbucks Gold (free syrup, don't knock it), My John Lewis (free coffee and cake!)
Posts: 694
Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
Your benefits don't expire until your card expiration date (the month end following your tier point collection date). You have access to all benefits until the latter date.
Fantastic. Will fill my boots accordingly :-)
THEOBCMAN likes this.
ratechaser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 19, 8:53 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Posts: 488
Originally Posted by ratechaser View Post
So apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but if I book a flight between these 2 dates, and I will be soft landing from Silver to Bronze, do I still get some or all of the silver benefits for that flight?

Specifically seat selection, lounge access and additional Avios? And if the answer is yes, would that apply to just BA or all OW flights?

Quite important as its almost a 2 month period and I'm intending to do quite a lot of flying then to strategically lock in at least silver for another 2ish years...

thanks
RC
I'm in exactly the same situation as you right now. You'll retain all BA Silver / Oneworld Sapphire benefits for any flights flown up to the card expiry date, regardless of whether they were booked before or after your tier point collection year reset date.

I was hoping to do my re-qualification for two years in that period but couldn't find a decent tier point run to somewhere I actually wanted to go. So I've picked up four cheap BA flights, taking advantage of the status benefits, and will grab the other 580 or so tier points a few months later as part of a trip I need to undertake.
kingstontoon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 19, 9:51 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver, Starbucks Gold (free syrup, don't knock it), My John Lewis (free coffee and cake!)
Posts: 694
Originally Posted by kingstontoon View Post
I'm in exactly the same situation as you right now. You'll retain all BA Silver / Oneworld Sapphire benefits for any flights flown up to the card expiry date, regardless of whether they were booked before or after your tier point collection year reset date.

I was hoping to do my re-qualification for two years in that period but couldn't find a decent tier point run to somewhere I actually wanted to go. So I've picked up four cheap BA flights, taking advantage of the status benefits, and will grab the other 580 or so tier points a few months later as part of a trip I need to undertake.
Snap! I'm less concerned about the LHs, as they will be in J and probably not on BA metal anyway, but the cheap SH qualifiers, want to make sure I can at least get a bacon roll and an exit row on the way out...
kingstontoon likes this.
ratechaser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 19, 10:21 am
  #6  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Somewhere in the Air
Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Posts: 554
Originally Posted by ratechaser View Post


Snap! I'm less concerned about the LHs, as they will be in J and probably not on BA metal anyway, but the cheap SH qualifiers, want to make sure I can at least get a bacon roll and an exit row on the way out...
Bacon Rolls have been off the menu for a long time now.
BAEC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 19, 10:36 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: München, Germany
Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 5,423
Originally Posted by BAEC View Post


Bacon Rolls have been off the menu for a long time now.
In the lounge as well?
Cymro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 19, 11:06 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver
Posts: 4
Fear not - they are most certainly still available in the London lounges in the morning! In my experience 11am is usually the cut-off point of availability.
PNRmy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 19, 11:12 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver, Starbucks Gold (free syrup, don't knock it), My John Lewis (free coffee and cake!)
Posts: 694
Originally Posted by henrimckm View Post
Fear not - they are most certainly still available in the London lounges in the morning! In my experience 11am is usually the cut-off point of availability.
Yep, was referring to the lounge. Although trying to shoot for gold again so I can go full English and V class RFS availability. A man can dream...
PNRmy likes this.
ratechaser is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread