Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Period between 'tier point collection year ends' and 'card expiry'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold

So apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but if I book a flight between these 2 dates, and I will be soft landing from Silver to Bronze, do I still get some or all of the silver benefits for that flight?

Specifically seat selection, lounge access and additional Avios? And if the answer is yes, would that apply to just BA or all OW flights?

Quite important as its almost a 2 month period and I'm intending to do quite a lot of flying then to strategically lock in at least silver for another 2ish years...

thanks
RC
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Your benefits don't expire until your card expiration date (the month end following your tier point collection date). You have access to all benefits until the latter date.
ratechaser likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
Your benefits don't expire until your card expiration date (the month end following your tier point collection date). You have access to all benefits until the latter date.
Fantastic. Will fill my boots accordingly :-)
THEOBCMAN likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by ratechaser
So apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but if I book a flight between these 2 dates, and I will be soft landing from Silver to Bronze, do I still get some or all of the silver benefits for that flight?

Specifically seat selection, lounge access and additional Avios? And if the answer is yes, would that apply to just BA or all OW flights?

Quite important as its almost a 2 month period and I'm intending to do quite a lot of flying then to strategically lock in at least silver for another 2ish years...

thanks
RC
I'm in exactly the same situation as you right now. You'll retain all BA Silver / Oneworld Sapphire benefits for any flights flown up to the card expiry date, regardless of whether they were booked before or after your tier point collection year reset date.

I was hoping to do my re-qualification for two years in that period but couldn't find a decent tier point run to somewhere I actually wanted to go. So I've picked up four cheap BA flights, taking advantage of the status benefits, and will grab the other 580 or so tier points a few months later as part of a trip I need to undertake.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kingstontoon
I'm in exactly the same situation as you right now. You'll retain all BA Silver / Oneworld Sapphire benefits for any flights flown up to the card expiry date, regardless of whether they were booked before or after your tier point collection year reset date.

I was hoping to do my re-qualification for two years in that period but couldn't find a decent tier point run to somewhere I actually wanted to go. So I've picked up four cheap BA flights, taking advantage of the status benefits, and will grab the other 580 or so tier points a few months later as part of a trip I need to undertake.
Snap! I'm less concerned about the LHs, as they will be in J and probably not on BA metal anyway, but the cheap SH qualifiers, want to make sure I can at least get a bacon roll and an exit row on the way out...
kingstontoon likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by ratechaser

Snap! I'm less concerned about the LHs, as they will be in J and probably not on BA metal anyway, but the cheap SH qualifiers, want to make sure I can at least get a bacon roll and an exit row on the way out...
Bacon Rolls have been off the menu for a long time now.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BAEC

Bacon Rolls have been off the menu for a long time now.
In the lounge as well?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver
Fear not - they are most certainly still available in the London lounges in the morning! In my experience 11am is usually the cut-off point of availability.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by henrimckm
Fear not - they are most certainly still available in the London lounges in the morning! In my experience 11am is usually the cut-off point of availability.
Yep, was referring to the lounge. Although trying to shoot for gold again so I can go full English and V class RFS availability. A man can dream...
PNRmy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.