INV - LAS in October - impossible flight change

Old Jul 10, 19, 6:20 am
  #1  
GBT
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Kent.Uk
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 57
INV - LAS in October - impossible flight change

INV-LAS TP run/holiday booked 28/10-15/11

Had an email from BA informing me flight from JFK-LAX has been cancelled and have been rebooked.
First problem is arrive from HEL on AY but AA 8985 into JFK 1540 and originally booked on AA306 1700 to LAX (realise now MCT may be the cause of cancellation) HOWEVER new flight is AA 341 departing JFK 1430 (so 70 mins before I arrive !!)
So next available flight after 1700 is 1829 arriving LAX 2156 which means an overnight in LAX which I was trying to avoid.
Struggling to see alternatives as obviously want to keep my 880TP
Phoned BA and was told to wait until closer departure as schedules will no doubt change again - at this point I hadnít realised the MCT was likely the issue and neither of us could work out why it wouldnít show her the 1700 flight.
My questions are is MCT of 80 mins at JFK I-D too short (I think yes)
Any other suggestions ?
If I try to rebook HEL-LAS via different route ie HEL-LHR-LAS what are my chances of ORC?
Sorry if this is long winded but appreciate your time
GBT is offline  
Old Jul 10, 19, 6:21 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 26,265
MCT at JFK between T7 and T8 is 2 hours so unless a connection meets that it wonít be bookable.
KARFA is offline  
Old Jul 10, 19, 6:26 am
  #3  
GBT
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Kent.Uk
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 57
I am on AY so arriving into T8 but still think 1 hr 20 is too short - how was I allowed to book originally ?
GBT is offline  
Old Jul 10, 19, 6:28 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Posts: 612
There's another easy route, HEL-LAX-LAS and I would personally try to claim for ORC, but I do not know if that's foolproof. Maybe someone else will be able to chime in.

Alternatively, I never have been able to route a TP run the route you're doing, so I don't know how you got it in the first place... However something like HEL-LHR-JFK-LAX-LAS is normally allowed as far as MCT and avoiding overnights goes. The bottleneck is that there's only few services between HEL and JFK, whereas with heathrow it's a lot easier.
thebigben is offline  
Old Jul 10, 19, 6:31 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 26,265
Originally Posted by GBT View Post
I am on AY so arriving into T8 but still think 1 hr 20 is too short - how was I allowed to book originally ?
sorry, my mistake. it would be 1 hr 15 mins in that case.
KARFA is offline  
Old Jul 10, 19, 6:33 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 26,265
Originally Posted by thebigben View Post
There's another easy route, HEL-LAX-LAS and I would personally try to claim for ORC, but I do not know if that's foolproof. Maybe someone else will be able to chime in.
orc is really for on the day irrops not for rebookings months out due to the inevitable aa domestic flight changes. so i don't think that would work here.
orbitmic and nancypants like this.
KARFA is offline  
Old Jul 10, 19, 6:35 am
  #7  
GBT
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Kent.Uk
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 57
My original routing is INV LHR HEL (overnight)JFK LAX LAS // LAS LAX JFK HEL LHR INV
Booked by phone on BA
GBT is offline  
Old Jul 10, 19, 7:09 am
  #8  
GBT
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Kent.Uk
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
orc is really for on the day irrops not for rebookings months out due to the inevitable aa domestic flight changes. so i don't think that would work here.
yes thatís what I figured through reading info on here
Still canít work out how they managed to re book me on a flight that takes off before I land.
Looks like I will attempt to get rebooked on the 1700 (but thought I had seen MCT as 1.45) and end up on the later flight with an overnight in LAX
GBT is offline  
Old Jul 10, 19, 7:25 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, PS, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Posts: 6,250
If your HEL-JFK-LAX-LAS flights are on 29/10 then the issue is that even if you take the 5pm flight to LAX there are no more flights to LAS after you land at LAX. What I would do is ask to get rebooked on the direct JFK-LAS flight (AA 2836). That way you'll avoid an overnight at LAX and will only lose 40 TPs.
Andriyko is offline  
Old Jul 10, 19, 8:06 am
  #10  
GBT
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Kent.Uk
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by Andriyko View Post
If your HEL-JFK-LAX-LAS flights are on 29/10 then the issue is that even if you take the 5pm flight to LAX there are no more flights to LAS after you land at LAX. What I would do is ask to get rebooked on the direct JFK-LAS flight (AA 2836). That way you'll avoid an overnight at LAX and will only lose 40 TPs.
yes just realised that - thank you - originally I was on the 2110 LAX -LAS 2229 AA1763 which no longer exists.
Only problem with JFK-LAS is no bed - call me spoilt! But donít want to sit up for 6 hours.....
GBT is offline  
Old Jul 10, 19, 9:01 am
  #11  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 12,476
Originally Posted by GBT View Post
yes just realised that - thank you - originally I was on the 2110 LAX -LAS 2229 AA1763 which no longer exists.
Only problem with JFK-LAS is no bed - call me spoilt! But don’t want to sit up for 6 hours.....
I've lost count at the number of times I've been booked on to that flight only to find a few weeks before travel that it has been removed from the timetable.
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Jul 10, 19, 9:52 am
  #12  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 42,299
The original ticket does not violate MCT for JFK. While it is well under SCT (Sensible Connection Time), that is a different issue.

Now that it has been cancelled, BA has an obligation to reroute you INV-LAS and that is it under EC 261/2004. Whether BA will provide ORC for a reroute this far in advance is a purely customer service issue and nothing to do with BA's obligations under the Regulation.
Often1 is online now  
Old Jul 12, 19, 11:30 am
  #13  
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: London, UK
Programs: UA-1K 3MM/AA-Plat/HY-Globalist/BA-CCR/GGL/Gold for Life
Posts: 10,569
Another pile of schedule changes for me in October - need to wade through them - some seem to make same day returns impossible.
Markie is offline  
Old Jul 19, 19, 8:45 am
  #14  
GBT
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Kent.Uk
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
I've lost count at the number of times I've been booked on to that flight only to find a few weeks before travel that it has been removed from the timetable.
Quick question - as this flight has been cancelled which means I am unable to reach Las Vegas for the day I am originally booked for, what are my chances of getting my hotel in LAX paid for as I will have to overnight there now.
GBT is offline  
Old Jul 19, 19, 10:38 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MŁnchen, Germany
Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 5,456
Originally Posted by GBT View Post


Quick question - as this flight has been cancelled which means I am unable to reach Las Vegas for the day I am originally booked for, what are my chances of getting my hotel in LAX paid for as I will have to overnight there now.
Given how late the 275 goes out, does it just mean that your tier point run has been disrupted?
Cymro is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread