FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Period between 'tier point collection year ends' and 'card expiry'
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:53 am
kingstontoon

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by ratechaser
So apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but if I book a flight between these 2 dates, and I will be soft landing from Silver to Bronze, do I still get some or all of the silver benefits for that flight?

Specifically seat selection, lounge access and additional Avios? And if the answer is yes, would that apply to just BA or all OW flights?

Quite important as its almost a 2 month period and I'm intending to do quite a lot of flying then to strategically lock in at least silver for another 2ish years...

thanks
RC
I'm in exactly the same situation as you right now. You'll retain all BA Silver / Oneworld Sapphire benefits for any flights flown up to the card expiry date, regardless of whether they were booked before or after your tier point collection year reset date.

I was hoping to do my re-qualification for two years in that period but couldn't find a decent tier point run to somewhere I actually wanted to go. So I've picked up four cheap BA flights, taking advantage of the status benefits, and will grab the other 580 or so tier points a few months later as part of a trip I need to undertake.