Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I got Irrops and need an advise before calling hotline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I got Irrops and need an advise before calling hotline

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Hotline told otherwise.

I dont know if you are correct or they are. I just tell you what im being told
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Nephoi
Hotline told otherwise.

When AA rescheduled its flights and rebooked, then you should have gone back and asked to be routed on the original itinerary. Once you accepted the new routing, the ticket was reissued and became the normal booked itinerary for points earnings
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Hotline told otherwise.

well I’m not the best placed person to say that I’m right and the agent you spoke to was wrong but...
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic

well I’m not the best placed person to say that I’m right and the agent you spoke to was wrong but...
But you are Right and they are wrong?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
But you are Right and they are wrong?
Yep. Orc is normally for rerouting or downgrade on the day due to irrops, but not for booking reissues due to schedule change. You can of course insist on keeping your original routing with new flight times (and sometimes a night for which you’d need to pay for your hotel) if TPS/routing matter more to you than schedule (you may even be able to call aa back and get them to restore you via clt).
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic

Yep. Orc is normally for rerouting or downgrade on the day due to irrops, but not for booking reissues due to schedule change. You can of course insist on keeping your original routing with new flight times (and sometimes a night for which you’d need to pay for your hotel) if TPS/routing matter more to you than schedule (you may even be able to call aa back and get them to restore you via clt).
so basically i did everything wrong and i should have been flown (is that gramattically correct?) to ARN in the first place and then should have checked what to do from there?

on the other hand an additional flight home + 1 night in a hotel costs the same as an CE return flight...
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:54 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Looking at the bigger picture, if you needed to do that extent of a TP run to get Silver, I am wondering if you would be better off paying to use paid lounges (assuming that lounge access is your focus) than spending any more money to try to get Silver?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

so basically i did everything wrong and i should have been flown (is that gramattically correct?) to ARN in the first place and then should have checked what to do from there?

on the other hand an additional flight home + 1 night in a hotel costs the same as an CE return flight...
You did nothing wrong if your intention was to get to your final destination with the minimum of delay - and BA went beyond what it had any reason to do by booking you to Germany

If you were desperate for points , then you should have gone to ARN and could possibly have got credit for the via HEL routing ; you would have had to pay any change fees/oenalties/buy new ticket for the ARN to TXL booking

What was more important, getting to your destination or earning points?
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Give that evangelist an amen and cookies for all the others.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:33 pm

so basically i did everything wrong
Fully agree with LTNPhobia and Dave Noble. By any sensible person's standards, you actually did everything right, and so did BA. You managed to arrive where you wanted to, avoided losing your separate ticket and having to buy a super expensive walking fare from ARN to TXL, and BA effectively took ownership for the problems experienced and did the right thing by flying you to Berlin where you ultimately wanted to go so that you would not be out of pocket because of the delay

The rest falls under the category of "cannot have your cake and eat it". Minimise the inconvenience and cost and get saved from the risk of two separate tickets which was technically all yours, and lose a few TPs on the way. As for the schedule change and rerouting that also cost you a few TPs, that, I'm afraid, is the standard risk with booking involving AA. Their schedules change all the time. They are usually pretty good at accommodating you and sometimes this may well work in your favour, other times it won't, but either way, any AA booking made, say, more than 2 months in advance must have at least 75% chance of being affected by at least one schedule change of sorts. Some may have no impact, some may be followed by another schedule change back to the original time, others will force completely new routings. That's just the way that they function.
Nephoi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.