Community
Wiki Posts
Search

30k Avios Airbnb deal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:04 am

I haven't seen my points credited yet, either. Filed two missing Avios claims using the online form and I have yet to even receive any sort of response. It's been over two weeks since I filed the first claim.

@BAMissingAvios
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by Dreamflight
I haven't seen my points credited yet, either. Filed two missing Avios claims using the online form and I have yet to even receive any sort of response. It's been over two weeks since I filed the first claim.

@BAMissingAvios
I used to get canned replied but now I also receive nothing as well. What is our recourse?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:51 am

My points show up as pending now. Put in a missing Avios request on June 30th, followed up once and got some run around how they were still investigating. Then I followed up again about a week ago and they finally replied to me this morning saying the points are now pending and are working on getting it approved as fast as they can.

Not sure if matters, but I only put in one missing Avios request and just replied through the automated email that was initially sent.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Agoldsc1
Anyone have an update? I hosted my first guest in late June and I still have nothing. I follow up every week or so but keep receiving useless boilerplate replies.
When did you book the accommodation as it says "Avios will be credited to you British Airways Executive Club account within 60 days of booking date. "

ML
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:47 am

Just received Avios for Airbnb stay which is not even completed yet. Not a very long wait then
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by flyslow
Just received Avios for Airbnb stay which is not even completed yet. Not a very long wait then
when did you book? I booked about 3 weeks ago but not got my avios.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by bmibaby737
when did you book? I booked about 3 weeks ago but not got my avios.
30th of June
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Avios finally came through today (30 August) for Airbnb stays at the start of July, so about 8 weeks later. I never received any sort of notification the Avios were pending, they just appeared today.
TTmex likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Avios finally came through today (30 August) for Airbnb stays at the start of July, so about 8 weeks later. I never received any sort of notification the Avios were pending, they just appeared today.
stay i booked end of july (for October), got credited on august 28th
TTmex likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Mitz9060

My points show up as pending now. Put in a missing Avios request on June 30th, followed up once and got some run around how they were still investigating. Then I followed up again about a week ago and they finally replied to me this morning saying the points are now pending and are working on getting it approved as fast as they can.
My points are still pending. Just shot them another email to see what the deal is.

When others are saying it credited to their account, do you guys mean it’s in your account to use or showed up as pending?
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
My points are still pending. Just shot them another email to see what the deal is.

When others are saying it credited to their account, do you guys mean it’s in your account to use or showed up as pending?
In my account to use. They never appeared as pending anywhere.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IB Silver, TP Gold
Did your points was credited in the end? I am awaiting... it's been 25 days so far since the transaction is showing Pending....

Not sure if matters, but I only put in one missing Avios request and just replied through the automated email that was initially sent.

Last edited by DTCFlyer; Sep 15, 2019 at 2:54 pm Reason: quote comment
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by DTCFlyer
Did your points was credited in the end? I am awaiting... it's been 25 days so far since the transaction is showing Pending....

Nope. Still shows as pending for me
DTCFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 6:15 pm

It seems like people have received points for the first time staying as an Airbnb guest promo, but no one has yet received points for the promo for *hosting* your first Airbnb guest (the 30k promo).

I really wonder how this one will play out. BA has us all hanging by a thread with their "investigations" into everyone's various missing Avios caims. I hope they really do intend on honoring this promotion after taking an exorbitant amount of time to "investigate."
Old Oct 3, 2019, 7:04 am

So after about another month of “investigating” I finally got a reply from a human. On 8/2 they added the transaction as pending and told me I’d get the Avios within 35 days. And now today the same person told me to allow up to 90-120 days for travel related bookings.

Thinking about following up now since by the time they reply it will be well over 120 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.