Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rubbish service from BA returns as usual

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A, Marriott
This happened to me last year at an outstation, also on a 2 person booking and the hubby's booking was fine. This was on the return trip where the outbound was also fine. The gate agent had to call a supervisor, both were puzzled at what happened and they reinstated the reservation after 3 or 4 tries, and secured a seat, through some kind of over-ride that only the supervisor could do. They indicated that this was BA who had offloaded it, not them and seemed to give it a 'BA IT' kind of shrug so I assumed they had dealt with this before.
thundercat likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
It sounds like one of life’s little unfortunate events that can and does in any mammoth corporate. That doesn’t means it’s right or acceptable but even the smallest of businesses can muck up. It’s not necessary a reflection of the general service levels.
It seems like it is. Nobody (at BA) cares
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Did you ring the contact centre to discuss changing to an alternative flight or an upgrade?

Contact centre staff often have to offload you, so the ticket is available to reprice, even if you do not go ahead with the change.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by s0ssos
It seems like it is. Nobody (at BA) cares
Thats clearly not the case by some staff that are regulars on this forum and the staff I have met have all been very good on my flights, I’ve rarely come across awful service on BA and I’m a stickler for great service, it’s something that catches my attention even if my not on the receiving end.
Crofton138 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC at last back to Gold, Flying Blue, Red with the Bearded One, Accor, Finnair Plus Blue
Originally Posted by CitySlacker
Did you ring the contact centre to discuss changing to an alternative flight or an upgrade?

Contact centre staff often have to offload you, so the ticket is available to reprice, even if you do not go ahead with the change.
No contact with BA at all.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Surely it is possible to track back to the specific individual agent who make the change? Aren’t res changes tagged with an ID?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.