Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ba167 lhr-tlv

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Ba167 lhr-tlv

I have zero status and may be booking seats in CW for me and the wife on BA167 later this month (date is not certain, but it will be a weekday). I had a few questions on what to expect:

1. The last time I flew BA LHR-TLV was in 1996 in WT. I recall (1) having to check luggage at a remote desk separate from all other BA flights, (2) being interviewed about where I had been and my travel plans and then (3) being frisked at the gate immediately before boarding. Are all 3 still done these days, and/or are there any other extra security measures to contend with?

2. What's a "safe" time to plan to get to the airport to check bags for this flight? Also, what's the earliest they will take my bags?

3. Does BA allow you to check bags in at T3 for a T5 flight?

4. My last time flying into TLV was about a year ago on EasyJet at 9:30 pm on a weekend. At that time, there was a rather long line at passport control. Moreover, the checked bags took over an hour to start coming out after landing. Should I expect something similar arriving close to midnight on a weeknight on BA167 or were the slow bags just an Easyjet phenomenon? Realistically, how soon after landing can I expect to get to the taxi rank?

5. What are the best seats given that we want to seat together? I'll note in this regard that the wife wants a completely private seat (no one stepping over her or her having to step over someone to get to the aisle, and not having to stare at anyone but YT) - I'm less picky so as long as one seat is like that, we'll be fine.

Thanks for any info!

Yonatan
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by yonatan
I have zero status and may be booking seats in CW for me and the wife on BA167 later this month (date is not certain, but it will be a weekday). I had a few questions on what to expect:

1. The last time I flew BA LHR-TLV was in 1996 in WT. I recall (1) having to check luggage at a remote desk separate from all other BA flights, (2) being interviewed about where I had been and my travel plans and then (3) being frisked at the gate immediately before boarding. Are all 3 still done these days, and/or are there any other extra security measures to contend with?

2. What's a "safe" time to plan to get to the airport to check bags for this flight? Also, what's the earliest they will take my bags?

3. Does BA allow you to check bags in at T3 for a T5 flight?

4. My last time flying into TLV was about a year ago on EasyJet at 9:30 pm on a weekend. At that time, there was a rather long line at passport control. Moreover, the checked bags took over an hour to start coming out after landing. Should I expect something similar arriving close to midnight on a weeknight on BA167 or were the slow bags just an Easyjet phenomenon? Realistically, how soon after landing can I expect to get to the taxi rank?

5. What are the best seats given that we want to seat together? I'll note in this regard that the wife wants a completely private seat (no one stepping over her or her having to step over someone to get to the aisle, and not having to stare at anyone but YT) - I'm less picky so as long as one seat is like that, we'll be fine.

Thanks for any info!

Yonatan
Hi,

I think it is the standard desks.

In CW you can check in from 0500 on day of departure

You canot check in at T3 for T5 flights or vice versa ( you will need to go to T5)

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
There are no special security measures when departing LHR for TLV, so just aim to arrive at the airport as you would for any international flight. As @the_Banking_Scot noted, you will not be able to check your bags in at a different terminal to the one you are flying from. I believe you will be able to check your bags in from when the airport opens at 5.00am.

Have a look at the 777 seating guide for where to sit, if your wife wants a window seat, then she will need to take a seat at the rear of a cabin section in order to not be stepping over anyone. If she wants an aisle seat, then you'll need seats at the front of a cabin section, in order that no-one is stepping over her. There can be downsides to both these seats - eg you might be next to the galley or toilet, you'll be last to get served at the rear of a large cabin.

I don't recall a particularly long wait for baggage with BA at TLV, but maybe that's because it takes a while to get through TLV immigration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.