JFK CCR Summer 2019

Old Jun 3, 19, 4:59 am
Original Poster

JFK CCR Summer 2019

Are there any plans for the JFK CCR to be closed/refurbished in the next 2 months?

Is it currently fully open etc? I'm sure I heard the kitchen was closed/not working fully?

I'm planning a trip at the start of July in F and the JFK CCR is a key part of the value proposition over J.
Old Jun 3, 19, 5:19 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; TG ROP Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1
It has just been refurbished. The kitchens were clsoed when I was there last month but they should be open now?
Old Jun 3, 19, 6:17 am

If the JFK CCR is the key differentiator for you then I would stick with CW. As much as the JFK CCR is probably my favourite BA lounge in the network, it is not the level of what you would expect for one of the top tier F lounges around. The staff are nice, the food decent (better than LHR CCR for sure), but the flight is so short that sleep is the only thing I'm concerned about.

In any case, I always eat in the city before heading to JFK since the food in any reputable restaurant beats the CCR.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Jun 3, 19, 8:04 am
Original Poster

I can sleep in F or J on a JFK-LHR sector, so I'd be paying the 9,000 Avios primarily for the JFK CCR (plus other knick knacks).

If it's open and working fully then that seems a good deal. If it was closed or directed to the regular pre-flight dining I wouldn't bother.

Thanks for the info.
Old Jun 3, 19, 8:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by drakepassage View Post
I can sleep in F or J on a JFK-LHR sector, so I'd be paying the 9,000 Avios primarily for the JFK CCR (plus other knick knacks).

If it's open and working fully then that seems a good deal. If it was closed or directed to the regular pre-flight dining I wouldn't bother.

Thanks for the info.
9000 Avios? I think you will find the cost to upgrade to First from Club World will be at least double that figure, or am I missing something?

orbitmic likes this.